IGNORED

22q11.2 deletion syndrome

daored

Hello fellow reds, had the news today that our unborn baby has a heart defect and will require open heart treatment as soon as born.

The doctor has also advised there is a 25% chance the baby will also have 22q11.2 deletion syndrome. I have done some online research, but wondered if any fellow reds had experienced this either directly or through a family member or friend?

38 minutes ago, underover said:

My friend has this, I know some of her other family members are City fans too. If you haven't already get in touch with the charity Max Appeal, they do a lot of great work and I know how much support they've given her family and other families over the years.

Thank you , we’ve been advised by Max Appeal

On 29/08/2019 at 22:13, daored said:

Hello fellow reds, had the news today that our unborn baby has a heart defect and will require open heart treatment as soon as born.

The doctor has also advised there is a 25% chance the baby will also have 22q11.2 deletion syndrome. I have done some online research, but wondered if any fellow reds had experienced this either directly or through a family member or friend?

I am late to this thread, but see from your latest post that you have now received some good news. 

I am very pleased for you and your new family and Good Luck to you all in the future..

On 04/09/2019 at 20:32, daored said:

It’s a good news day , thank you both 

Glad the news was good mate, looking forward to seeing you up in the small hours with the little one for every Vegas card on the boxing thread!

All the best for the surgery, I have friends who were in the same situation a few years ago and you couldn't be in better hands.

12 hours ago, Stortz said:

Glad the news was good mate, looking forward to seeing you up in the small hours with the little one for every Vegas card on the boxing thread!

All the best for the surgery, I have friends who were in the same situation a few years ago and you couldn't be in better hands.

Cheers @Stortz be an excuse for me to talk even more nonsense and blame the tiredness 

On 23/12/2019 at 00:10, daored said:

Max Nicholas O’Leary was born 22 December - all looks good so far health wise 

? just came across this thread for the first time... what a timely discovery too, an early morning Festive Season story full of angst but with a gloriously happy ending... Your latest post put a smile on my face as I lay here in the middle of Christmas night with the flu reading your lovely news..

Best Wishes to little Max and all of his family for a long, happy and healthy life....   COYR's ?  

4 hours ago, daored said:

image.thumb.jpeg.4553b993021321d604a313952e0906fc.jpegWorking hard to keep him a red in West Yorkshire. Thank you all for your comments 

Great to see @daored

My grandson was born with a congenital heart defect known as Tetralogy of Fallot.

Everyone was worried to death for a while, but he had surgery when he was 6 months old and is now a healthy (and very loud) 5-year-old.

Archived