IGNORED

parking

MattWSM

18 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Have you ever tried to leave the dolman?

even when leaving 10 minutes before full time you still get out of the ground after the rest of the stadium...

After trying to get out of the top of the South stand (block 21) after a game I find that very hard to believe.

24 minutes ago, pillred said:

After trying to get out of the top of the South stand (block 21) after a game I find that very hard to believe.

It’s maybe a slight exaggeration but we’re regularly the last to leave the ground from the top of e29, it’s awful to get out of

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

It’s maybe a slight exaggeration but we’re regularly the last to leave the ground from the top of e29, it’s awful to get out of

Would hate there to be any real emergency, know how you feel it's bad design isn't it.

7 minutes ago, pillred said:

Would hate there to be any real emergency, know how you feel it's bad design isn't it.

It is, 1 exit for hundreds of fans could be catastrophic in an emergency. 

The club should have redeveloped every stand to be like the Lansdown in terms of exits, everything is so much quicker there

59 minutes ago, pillred said:

They need to install those inflatable chutes like they have on aircraft for emergencies. 

Either that or build a couple of helter skelters up inside the stand at each end?

9 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

If you get to the gate early enough, you can find a space on the surrounding roads for free. The earlier you are, the closer you can park and the quicker you can get away.  Just park and go for a few beers, coffees or whatever floats your boat.  Alternatively use just park or offer someone a few quid to park on or in front of their drive. 

A lot of local residents are City supporters and are going to the game anyway so will let you park in front of their drive for nothing.

Thank you 

15 minutes ago, pillred said:

Good luck with that, have you ever tried to get down from the top few tiers in the south stand when the whistle blows?

The problem is the bottleneck at the vomitoriums you wouldn’t get that in an emergency as people will be exiting via the pitch and not through these as the chances are they will running back in to a burning building 

One thing I learnt today. Don’t park in the industrial estate behind the old Ship & Castle. 

£8 for the privilege and only took 50 minutes to get out of the car park! 

Not very good with a 5 year old in the car. 

Won’t be going there again. 

6 hours ago, Harry said:

One thing I learnt today. Don’t park in the industrial estate behind the old Ship & Castle. 

£8 for the privilege and only took 50 minutes to get out of the car park! 

Not very good with a 5 year old in the car. 

Won’t be going there again. 

?

Why the frigg did you park there? It’s free down there if you go round to the right! You’re combing yourself for paying where there’s loads of free parking with no other disadvantage. Earlier you get there, the closer you can park by Winterstoke road to get out after the game.

1 hour ago, Pickle Rick said:

?

Why the frigg did you park there? It’s free down there if you go round to the right! You’re combing yourself for paying where there’s loads of free parking with no other disadvantage. Earlier you get there, the closer you can park by Winterstoke road to get out after the game.

I know. I drove all round the immediate area for about 25 mins and there were no spaces. I’d usually park a bit further afield but my daughter gets tired if she walks too far so had to decide upon either keep driving round and round or just bite the bullet and go into a ‘paying’ car park. 

Trust me - I won’t be doing it again. 

1 hour ago, 42nite said:

Where did you end up parking,

Did you stay till the end of the match?

outside the Ashton and yes saw all the game, was going to leave 1 minute before whistle but kept thinking will just watch a bit more and then too late, gridlock. was a rush, had a jog and then flat out up to gordano and down the m5 luckily it was clear

thanks

58 minutes ago, MattWSM said:

outside the Ashton and yes saw all the game, was going to leave 1 minute before whistle but kept thinking will just watch a bit more and then too late, gridlock. was a rush, had a jog and then flat out up to gordano and down the m5 luckily it was clear

thanks

I was surprised how clear the M5 was given it was an afternoon in the holiday season.

Archived