Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

The cricket club or the field next to it at the bottom of rownham hill, bad news is it's £10 but you should be able to get back on the M5 pretty quickly from there.

26 minutes ago, pillred said:

The cricket club or the field next to it at the bottom of rownham hill, bad news is it's £10 but you should be able to get back on the M5 pretty quickly from there.

Scandalous price

• Like 1

Are you able to jog for 10 mins? Plenty of free options then.

Does it need to be really close? Are you happy to pay for the space? 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Are you able to jog for 10 mins? Plenty of free options then.

Does it need to be really close? Are you happy to pay for the space? 

thanks

yes can jog for 10 mins. Where are you thinking?

doesnt have to be really close but need to get in the car fairly soon after as expect the final whistle will be about twenty past/ 25 past so need to be in car and away from the traffic for about 2.30 

I don't really want to pay 10 pounds

14 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Entry in the one way road past the Ashton pub (formerly Smyth Arms)

will i need to go back around the one way system to get back down the Ashton a370 by pass?  just thinking will get caught in traffic

I want to see final whistle, get out quick and get back by 3

1 minute ago, Red Grovesy said:

Long Ashton, near to The Angel pub.

ok, how long does it take to walk to there?

4 minutes ago, MattWSM said:

ok, how long does it take to walk to there?

It's about a mile, but as you said you could jog, I guess 10-12 mins. You would be facing the correct way for WsM and would avoid the traffic around Ashton Gate.

Alternative is to park by the LA Park & Ride (on the grass by the tennis centre). Not sure of the legality of this but plenty do it. This is probably a 6-8 minute jog.

• Thanks 1

Given the game will finish near on 2.30 little chance you will be back by 3pm

If you get to the gate early enough, you can find a space on the surrounding roads for free. The earlier you are, the closer you can park and the quicker you can get away.  Just park and go for a few beers, coffees or whatever floats your boat.  Alternatively use just park or offer someone a few quid to park on or in front of their drive. 

A lot of local residents are City supporters and are going to the game anyway so will let you park in front of their drive for nothing.

13 hours ago, MattWSM said:

Where is the best place to park on Saturday, I need to get out of the ground and  back to Worle by 3pm

thanks

Why on earth you decided to get married on a match day let alone at 3 o’clock beats me...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

Scandalous price

Agreed it was £5 but suddenly doubled overnight when we played Cardiff, was shocked when I turned up trouble is there are few alternatives and those are mostly £10 as well they are taking advantage but they know they have us by the b**ls.

20 minutes ago, pillred said:

Agreed it was £5 but suddenly doubled overnight when we played Cardiff, was shocked when I turned up trouble is there are few alternatives and those are mostly £10 as well they are taking advantage but they know they have us by the b**ls.

Is it still as busy since the increase?

If you're early the road where The Ashton is should be doable. The quickest way out would then be to go past the Cricket Club and out to Gordano services.

Would be amazed if you got back to Worle by 3pm though.

2 hours ago, richwwtk said:

If you're early the road where The Ashton is should be doable. The quickest way out would then be to go past the Cricket Club and out to Gordano services.

Would be amazed if you got back to Worle by 3pm though.

Yeah! by helicopter maybe!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Is it still as busy since the increase?

difficult to tell as it's often restricted now if it's been raining, also the cricket club only allow parking in their car park  during the first few months of season due to not wanting to ruin the pitch, but that shouldn't be a problem on the field next door and the forecast is not too bad for Saturday so there will be plenty of room, shame they got greedy as it was half the cost for two of us compared to bus.

15 minutes ago, pillred said:

difficult to tell as it's often restricted now if it's been raining, also the cricket club only allow parking in their car park  during the first few months of season due to not wanting to ruin the pitch, but that shouldn't be a problem on the field next door and the forecast is not too bad for Saturday so there will be plenty of room, shame they got greedy as it was half the cost for two of us compared to bus.

For a quicker getaway (but still paying £10) it might be worth heading back round towards the  bypass and parking in the offices carpark that offers parking just before you rejoin the main road.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

If you get to the gate early enough, you can find a space on the surrounding roads for free. The earlier you are, the closer you can park and the quicker you can get away.  Just park and go for a few beers, coffees or whatever floats your boat.  Alternatively use just park or offer someone a few quid to park on or in front of their drive. 

A lot of local residents are City supporters and are going to the game anyway so will let you park in front of their drive for nothing.

“park and go for a few beers”?

Maybe not great advice!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Super said:

Given the game will finish near on 2.30 little chance you will be back by 3pm

Especially with M5 Traffic :(

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Homer Simpson said:

Just sit in the Dolman. Out by 2pm, jobs a good'un. 

Have you ever tried to leave the dolman?

even when leaving 10 minutes before full time you still get out of the ground after the rest of the stadium...

6 hours ago, Homer Simpson said:

Just sit in the Dolman. Out by 2pm, jobs a good'un. 

Ah! just got it, nice bit of sarcasm.

Edited by pillred
Punctuation

18 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Have you ever tried to leave the dolman?

even when leaving 10 minutes before full time you still get out of the ground after the rest of the stadium...

After trying to get out of the top of the South stand (block 21) after a game I find that very hard to believe.

24 minutes ago, pillred said:

After trying to get out of the top of the South stand (block 21) after a game I find that very hard to believe.

It’s maybe a slight exaggeration but we’re regularly the last to leave the ground from the top of e29, it’s awful to get out of

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

It’s maybe a slight exaggeration but we’re regularly the last to leave the ground from the top of e29, it’s awful to get out of

Would hate there to be any real emergency, know how you feel it's bad design isn't it.

7 minutes ago, pillred said:

Would hate there to be any real emergency, know how you feel it's bad design isn't it.

It is, 1 exit for hundreds of fans could be catastrophic in an emergency. 

The club should have redeveloped every stand to be like the Lansdown in terms of exits, everything is so much quicker there

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, pillred said:

They need to install those inflatable chutes like they have on aircraft for emergencies. 

Either that or build a couple of helter skelters up inside the stand at each end?

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Thank you 

4 hours ago, pillred said:

There's a patch of grass I believe people can get to in an emergency

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Big C said:

There's a patch of grass I believe people can get to in an emergency

Good luck with that, have you ever tried to get down from the top few tiers in the south stand when the whistle blows?

15 minutes ago, pillred said:

Good luck with that, have you ever tried to get down from the top few tiers in the south stand when the whistle blows?

The problem is the bottleneck at the vomitoriums you wouldn’t get that in an emergency as people will be exiting via the pitch and not through these as the chances are they will running back in to a burning building 

• Like 1

Plenty of cars received tickets on Winterstoke Road yesterday, mostly for pavement parking. Some on double yellows near to Malvern Tyres were towed away...

IMG_1745.PNG

Edited by RedLionLad
  • Haha 1

One thing I learnt today. Don’t park in the industrial estate behind the old Ship & Castle. 

£8 for the privilege and only took 50 minutes to get out of the car park! 

Not very good with a 5 year old in the car. 

Won’t be going there again. 

6 hours ago, Harry said:

One thing I learnt today. Don’t park in the industrial estate behind the old Ship & Castle. 

£8 for the privilege and only took 50 minutes to get out of the car park! 

Not very good with a 5 year old in the car. 

Won’t be going there again. 

🥴

Why the frigg did you park there? It’s free down there if you go round to the right! You’re combing yourself for paying where there’s loads of free parking with no other disadvantage. Earlier you get there, the closer you can park by Winterstoke road to get out after the game.

10 hours ago, MattWSM said:

got back at 3pm. :)

cheers everyone.

Where did you end up parking,

Did you stay till the end of the match?

11 hours ago, MattWSM said:

got back at 3pm. :)

cheers everyone.

I was in Weston by 3.05 without hurrying and not paying for parking, so I guessed you'd made it :)

1 hour ago, Pickle Rick said:

🥴

Why the frigg did you park there? It’s free down there if you go round to the right! You’re combing yourself for paying where there’s loads of free parking with no other disadvantage. Earlier you get there, the closer you can park by Winterstoke road to get out after the game.

I know. I drove all round the immediate area for about 25 mins and there were no spaces. I’d usually park a bit further afield but my daughter gets tired if she walks too far so had to decide upon either keep driving round and round or just bite the bullet and go into a ‘paying’ car park. 

Trust me - I won’t be doing it again. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 42nite said:

Where did you end up parking,

Did you stay till the end of the match?

outside the Ashton and yes saw all the game, was going to leave 1 minute before whistle but kept thinking will just watch a bit more and then too late, gridlock. was a rush, had a jog and then flat out up to gordano and down the m5 luckily it was clear

thanks

Edited by MattWSM

31 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I was in Weston by 3.05 without hurrying and not paying for parking, so I guessed you'd made it :)

I had to hurry.... 😀

Edited by MattWSM