IGNORED

If City were to fold

Unan

8 hours ago, TBW said:

Lead the charge in starting a Phoenix club from the ashes of the one we loved as per Wimbledon. 

Yeah this. No matter what happens there’ll always be a club that will carry on the fight, nicknamed the Robins, in Red and White, wether it be up the Downs or wherever. I’ll be there. 

11 hours ago, miser said:

Having lived the nightmare in 82, I'd still be in my period of mourning now.

funny is it not - we were "that" club - I still have the framed original shares I bought - worth nothing but the club survived - just

Support another club, no chance; I'd go on a murder spree, assassinate everyone who was involved in the diabolical failings of City - especially considering how healthy everything is now - and then I'd spend the rest of my time living under a new identity in Hawaii.

I'd also keep an eye on the rebirth of the new BCFC.

I may follow a team but I don't feel I could support any other team if you can understand the difference.

It is funny because I have been trying to recall how 1982 affected me. I think I just didn't face upto it at the time and didn't realise the severity of it all. It has also made me feel very fortunate to have SL and even more so that his son has been brought up a fan.

9 hours ago, DaveF said:

Might give Forest Green a little watch.

Me too. Would never ever be able to replace the only club I've (1964 to present day) supported but as FG are just up the road

from me and I remember when they were in the Stroud League then that's the only alternative for me.

Golf ? :gaah:I'll stick to taking the dog for a walk.

10 hours ago, TBW said:

Lead the charge in starting a Phoenix club from the ashes of the one we loved as per Wimbledon. 

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

Yeah this. No matter what happens there’ll always be a club that will carry on the fight, nicknamed the Robins, in Red and White, wether it be up the Downs or wherever. I’ll be there. 

Exactly this.  It's a nice thought exercise - the standard response to which is watching your local non-league club instead - but any club with a decent support will always exist.

Bury for example hasn't "died"; Bury 2019 FC will be back in non-league next season and back in the League proper in a decade.

Even Gretna - a tiny borders club propelled briefly to the Scottish Premier League on one man's money and that was liquidated August 2008 was replaced by Gretna 2008 in July 2008.

Successor club

The Gretna Supporters Society, (a Supporters' trust) formed a new club, Gretna 2008 on 2 July 2008 and applied to join both the East of Scotland Football League and the South of Scotland Football League.[31] They were accepted into the East of Scotland League, though they initially played their matches at the Everholm Stadium in Annan. The club returned to Raydale Park in May 2009 which it now leases from the Raydale Partnership, a community group of which Gretna Supporters Society is a member.[32]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gretna_F.C.

Archived