IGNORED

If City were to fold

Unan

41 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Of course, we could all go to the rugby.

Section82 could rebrand as SectionABCDEFGHIJKLMNO as a reference to the bygone days of player identification.

Showing your vintage there Rob WTGR. Wasn't it Bris and Leicester who were the last to change to numbers in the mid 80's?

I remember going to the John Player final v Leicester in 1984 (?) when the Bris players linked arms and their shirts spelt 'UP BRISTOL'. A long time ago now and a totally different game.

I guess if we ever did fold (god forbid) we would have to start again in tier 7, which is where I believe Bury will have to start from. In our case, the Southern league along with this lot. It makes you feel for the Bury support I suppose. Imagine the clamour for away tickets? 

The club would start again in the lower leagues. Just as with any other club. They never die, they just start up again and the supporters muck in and they quickly elevate. You only have to look at the rise of Newport County. They were truly finished and playing in a park in Moreton-In-Marsh and 25 years later they were back in the Football League.

10 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I guess if we ever did fold (god forbid) we would have to start again in tier 7, which is where I believe Bury will have to start from. In our case, the Southern league along with this lot. It makes you feel for the Bury support I suppose. Imagine the clamour for away tickets? 

Fixed for you ???

I go to watch Worthing often now, it’s fun but not the same.  I don’t have the emotion.  Rather weirdly, even at that level, watching the match I’ve learnt far more about the ‘game’ than in all the years of chewing my nails and flailing my limbs at City matches. So different when you’re a step removed.

Phoenix club for me if it came to it.

Archived