IGNORED

Buying Tickets

RedRock

Only took twelve separate attempts to fill in the payment fields tonight!

Last match it was twenty, gave up and phone ordered the tickets. 

Clearly, the ‘continuous improvement’ ethos is now even permeating the IT Department. Welcome to 1998 lads, only 20 years behind the rest of the field now.  

How difficult must it be to set up a payment page FFS.

Imagine loads of potential ‘customers’ just give up and abandon their attempt to attend matches. If only we had a SLO who’d sort such a nonsense out eh. 

1 hour ago, RedRock said:

Clearly, the ‘continuous improvement’ ethos is now even permeating the IT Department. Welcome to 1998 lads, only 20 years behind the rest of the field now.  

Imagine loads of potential ‘customers’ just give up and abandon their attempt to attend matches. If only we had a SLO who’d sort such a nonsense out eh. 

I’ve never had a problem. Are you using an up to date server..?

49 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Must be an iPad-related problem. 

The whole process is fine, apart from payment. Just won’t allow more than 2 of the 4 fields to be entered before it freezes not allowing any further entry.

If it keeps happening to you, one one device - and not to anybody else - then it’s probably an issue at your end. 

4 hours ago, RedRock said:

Must be an iPad-related problem. 

The whole process is fine, apart from payment. Just won’t allow more than 2 of the 4 fields to be entered before it freezes not allowing any further entry.

I use an iPad, and I wouldn’t say it’s been optimised well for safari.  Maybe try chrome, or do on a pc.

12 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Their poxy website is ok once you get used to it but it's still a crap website.

It is.

It is my real bugbear with the club, they do so many good things but when it comes to customer facing IT systems - oh dear!

As you say, it works when you get used to it and I have had no difficulty the last couple of times I have used it but it should be simple to a first time user, the number of people who comment on here about difficulties using the site seems high.

It took me a little while to notice the tiny red pen that lets you change your method of delivery!

I still haven't worked out how, if you buy 2 tickets, to have one as an e-ticket and the other to print. In fact I'm still not sure if you can.

I like mine on my phone. If I get one for my 83yo old man he can't cope with that. So he likes them printed. Couldn't seem to split the method when I tried though so had to print both!

15 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

If it keeps happening to you, one one device - and not to anybody else - then it’s probably an issue at your end. 

Bizarrely, the Bristol Sport payment page is the only one out of the dozens used that freezes. Sad, but true. 

Technology was never City’s strong point. 

Bring back Beryl I say, far more efficient than any IT system the Club employ. 

On 29/08/2019 at 22:54, RedRock said:

Twitter- @BristolCitySLO

Email- slo@bcfc.co.uk

Seems rather puzzling they are not on the forum though, however it's the way of things now it seems and accepted it.

Archived