IGNORED

Boro Forum

BcFcOneLove

One of the engineers in my team is a 'Boro fan and the Pulis era has made him very suspicious of any decision made at their club. He was almost as unpopular there as he still is here.

The other overwhelming factor is the amount of £££ they're spending. They've been used to spending big dollar and last season was the last year of doing that. Now they have to cut their spending, it's been met with reluctant / realistic acceptance by the vast majority but some fans still want to spend big when they clearly can't anymore due to the end of / last year of parachute payments. Woodgate is perceived as a 'cheap' option, at least by my colleague anyway.

I watched their first fixture against Luton and was quite impressed TBH, they're not a bad side at all.

14 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

One of the engineers in my team is a 'Boro fan and the Pulis era has made him very suspicious of any decision made at their club. He was almost as unpopular there as he still is here.

The other overwhelming factor is the amount of £££ they're spending. They've been used to spending big dollar and last season was the last year of doing that. Now they have to cut their spending, it's been met with reluctant / realistic acceptance by the vast majority but some fans still want to spend big when they clearly can't anymore due to the end of / last year of parachute payments. Woodgate is perceived as a 'cheap' option, at least by my colleague anyway.

I watched their first fixture against Luton and was quite impressed TBH, they're not a bad side at all.

The price of doing it right I guess- which Gibson says he's determined to do. Credit to him, and the bulk of their fans.

Get that impression too- I see posts on here saying 3-0, let's get into it and go at and I'm not at all convinced by that view- if we win it'd probably be 2-1 I reckon. Some good players and I am sure they play more football than under Pulis- won't be easy!

49 minutes ago, phantom said:

Good to see

image.png

I think it's great when away fans are given such good advice in advance of a match.  Lull them into a false sense of security and then hit them with the snippet of parking up by 1pm to ensure a spot.  That'll keep the away end quieter than was originally expected until at least the second half!

2 minutes ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

I think it's great when away fans are given such good advice in advance of a match.  Lull them into a false sense of security and then hit them with the snippet of parking up by 1pm to ensure a spot.  That'll keep the away end quieter than was originally expected until at least the second half!

Cut and paste has its down side..

5 hours ago, stevep38 said:

I work with loads of boro fans, there  a boro mafia of scaffolders on the rig I'm on, to man I've always found them loud obnoxious wa...rs, they still see city as punching above their weight and are confident  of a result.  As Keegan once said  I will love it if we beat them.

Cant stand the arrogant condescending pricks.

Possibly more representative of scaffolders than boro fans. I appreciate there are probably some nice polite considerate scaffolders about. But my perception is that they are in the minority.

With our injuries currently running to 20% of the squad I think it will be a very difficult game. I would fancy our chances more if tiny penis was still in charge with his anti football approach.

The key for me is the defence and being in control of the ball. If the defence is solid then I can see us winning. Controlling the ball will keep us moving forward and will take the pressure off the defence.

2 hours ago, milo1111 said:

Possibly more representative of scaffolders than boro fans. I appreciate there are probably some nice polite considerate scaffolders about. But my perception is that they are in the minority.

After working on building sites the last 20 years I often think they are a different breed ( sorry herby ) 

3 hours ago, phantom said:

Good to see

image.png

I've lived in and around Bristol all my life and even I'm confused by all this travel advice ?

No mention of Portway P&R? I'd also argue it's potentially quicker to continue down to the next junction on the M5. The Portway can be a nightmare at times. 

Why are we directing away supporters around the ground? Surely we want them to pass through the stadium and spend their money in the stadium?

10 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Yeah whether we like it or not, assombalonga is one if the most dangerous strikers in the championship, and consistently scores goals. If we stop him scoring we have a chance to win the game.

I’m certain I read somewhere he has a similar goals to game ratio as Fammy. 

Hes a good striker no doubt about that, however there are plenty of other strikers around who I’d be more wary of. 

It certainly isn’t a case of just stopping him from scoring, they have quite a few players who know where the net is

59 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I’m certain I read somewhere he has a similar goals to game ratio as Fammy. 

Hes a good striker no doubt about that, however there are plenty of other strikers around who I’d be more wary of. 

It certainly isn’t a case of just stopping him from scoring, they have quite a few players who know where the net is

According to Soccerbase his career average goals per game is 0.41 compared to Fammy's 0.31.

Certainly Assombalonga has never scored 20 goals in in a Championship season. Whether he is worth £10m more than Fammy (and allegedly £55k a week) is at least arguable.

6 minutes ago, chinapig said:

According to Soccerbase his career average goals per game is 0.41 compared to Fammy's 0.31.

Certainly Assombalonga has never scored 20 goals in in a Championship season. Whether he is worth £10m more than Fammy (and allegedly £55k a week) is at least arguable.

In the championship, Fammy has a 0.33 goal per game ration compared to Britts 0.375. Not a major difference, especially considering Britt has played 90 more games at this level

17 hours ago, stevep38 said:

I work with loads of boro fans, there  a boro mafia of scaffolders on the rig I'm on, to man I've always found them loud obnoxious wa...rs, they still see city as punching above their weight and are confident  of a result.  As Keegan once said  I will love it if we beat them.

Cant stand the arrogant condescending pricks.

Just tell them Emerson had shit hair

Archived