IGNORED

Peter Godsiff RIP

bcfc01

RIP Peter, I grew up with your reports and articles which were always informed and interesting. You were a proper journalist back when being a reporter for a local paper was an honourable profession. In those pre social media days you were our only reliable source of news about our beloved club and I thank you for it.

You will be fondly remembered.

Very sorry to hear this. Very much part of my memories of supporting City as a kid. Used to eagerly devour his match reports, regardless of whether I had actually seen the game for myself or not. He made a great contribution to local sports journalism and deserves all the respect he's being shown on the forum, which is good to see. Condolences to his family and friends. He will be fondly remembered.

Very Sad.

Like many on here, I am sure, I always used to look forward to his articles and match reports in the The Evening Post and, in particular, in Saturday's 'The Green'Un'.

Just like his late Bristol Rovers reporting colleague, Robin Perry, his articles were always well-researched and the match reports devoured with enthusiasm.

GregorMcG would do well to approach his standards.  

For those of us who started supporting City in the 1960's he was THE definitive Bristol City reporter, knew what was going on and wrote a column everyday in the Post and of course - the Green 'un - which was our only source of. CITY news in those days.....no internet, no Radio Bristol, no OTIB !, no club media P R. 

RIP Peter

RIP Mr Godsiff , great reporter for BCFC , had a picture taken by Peter on the front of the Green Un in about 1968/9 we had travelled away to mighty Tranmere Rovers by steam train from Bristol Temple Meads and on arrival it was chucking it down with snow , my cousin and I were walking out of the station unknowingly by the side of his two sons  just to confirm the game was cancelled , Peter  took some photos and they made the front page !

1 hour ago, Lichfield eastend said:

RIP Mr Godsiff , great reporter for BCFC , had a picture taken by Peter on the front of the Green Un in about 1968/9 we had travelled away to mighty Tranmere Rovers by steam train from Bristol Temple Meads and on arrival it was chucking it down with snow , my cousin and I were walking out of the station unknowingly by the side of his two sons  just to confirm the game was cancelled , Peter  took some photos and they made the front page !

Would have been a lot earlier than that , steam died in 67-68 and we last played them in 1961 until we next played them in 1982 .

Archived