IGNORED

Ads on forums

glastonred

Just now, glastonred said:

Just had a quick look at the Boro forum (they seem to be fearing a thrashing!). Anyway, I nearly always check out the forums before a game,and I must say I am so pleased ours doesn't have any adverts popping up every few seconds! Long may it be so....

What helps us having no adverts as I understand is 

*cough*

Posters contributing £5 to be a member and support the running of the site (Thanks @TomF)

Im amazed so many arn’t 

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

What helps us having no adverts as I understand is 

*cough*

Posters contributing £5 to be a member and support the running of the site (Thanks @TomF)

Im amazed so many arn’t 

We also subsidise they running costs in work so that the ST just pay basic outlay costs. Run for a love of BCFC not profits. 

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Unlimited likes etc too- £5 per year, no ads, a great platform form debate about the club but INDEPENDENT OF the club, absolute bargain.

I like to have a read of others forums (Not the Prem teams ) and OTIB is the best I’ve encountered by a mile for the way it’s run , content , humour , interesting posters 

47 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Actually, it wouldn't bother me much if we did have the odd ad on this forum, so long as there were not too many of them and it helped to pay to run and perhaps improve the site/forum/bandwidth etc.  I've rather got used to them on other forums, though some do seem to have too many.

Is it too much for people to find the cost of a pint once a year ? 

3 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Any chance of a non PayPal way of paying & without having to create a PayPal account?

Yes - you follow the link then it gives you an option to pay by credit card instead of using a paypal account. At least that was the case last year.

Just now, Barkhamred said:

Yes - you follow the link then it gives you an option to pay by credit card instead of using a paypal account. At least that was the case last year.

Yes but then it asks you to create a PayPal account & tick the boxes for agreeing to their terms, it won’t allow to not tick the box or to not register for a PayPal account.

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Actually, it wouldn't bother me much if we did have the odd ad on this forum, so long as there were not too many of them and it helped to pay to run and perhaps improve the site/forum/bandwidth etc.  I've rather got used to them on other forums, though some do seem to have too many.

No need tho - as a company we use about 20% of our bandwidth. 

3 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I’d hate it, quite happy to lob in a fiver a year for it.  Enough bloody ads everywhere, this seems to be the only place on the internet without them, just cough up a fiver if you can afford it. 

@TomF maybe add an option for an extra donation when you renew. I have just renewed as I had my reminder.  Add an extra £5, £10, £20 option.  I’ve renewed on payday at 11 o’clock on a Friday night, you might have done well!

At least that way we can subsidise those that can’t/are too tight to keep this site ad free.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

You have been selected as our thousandth poster , yes really, as a recipient for a season’s  supply of 

Isewater’s Squeaky Bum Oil .

( now baby seal free ) 

To obtain your free gift just send us your banking details and a chèque for £ 50 to cover postage. 

I don’t want to put my bank details online but they are clearly stated on banking cheques so you’ll have them as soon as you receive the cheque in the post.  If you could confirm the full name I need to make the cheque out to, and your postal address I’ll have it to you in a ‘jiffy’

• SC&T Board Members

You can buy an OTIB Supporter subscription via the 'Subscription' tab at the top of the page.

If you don't want to use PayPal and/or would like to make an additional donation, you can use this link:

Go Purple and/or Donate to OTIB Running Costs to Keep the Forum Ad-Free

Note: paying for OTIB Supporter this way will mean a slight wait until you 'turn purple' and your subscription won't automatically renew / prompt you to renew, as with the PayPal option, which is directly integrated into the OTIB operating system.

48 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

You can buy an OTIB Supporter subscription via the 'Subscription' tab at the top of the page.

If you don't want to use PayPal and/or would like to make an additional donation, you can use this link:

Go Purple and/or Donate to OTIB Running Costs to Keep the Forum Ad-Free

Note: paying for OTIB Supporter this way will mean a slight wait until you 'turn purple' and your subscription won't automatically renew / prompt you to renew, as with the PayPal option, which is directly integrated into the OTIB operating system.

I’ve donated a little extra, so if there are a couple of posters you know can’t afford it please feel free to hand out the purple to them too. 

10 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

Any chance of a non PayPal way of paying & without having to create a PayPal account?

I’m sure with PayPal you can pay as a guest, without creating an account. (I may be wrong)

Archived