IGNORED

Cardiff v Fulham

Slippin cider

Mitrovic was class and so was Joe Bryan. Aden Flint was Cardiffs most creative player. Thought the post match interview of Scott Parke was weird and he defended their football as he should. The question that should have been asked was of Warnock " how many hours a season do your players spend wiping the ball Neil?"

Seriously, we know Warnock has a great record at Championship level but I honestly believe if we were watching that type of “football” every week then win, lose or draw there would be empty seats all over Ashton Gate. I would rather watch WSM FC than City winning 1-0 like that every week.

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Seriously, we know Warnock has a great record at Championship level but I honestly believe if we were watching that type of “football” every week then win, lose or draw there would be empty seats all over Ashton Gate. I would rather watch WSM FC than City winning 1-0 like that every week.

It was on my TV so I watched it. It was as was the last time I watched Cardiff intriguingly poor. Comically poor at times as Cardiff's professionals struggled to keep the ball/were instructed not to keep the ball. Lowest passing accuracy in the division. lowest ball in play time in the division. It can be a case of what you think football should be. That was not it for myself. 

7 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

It was on my TV so I watched it. It was as was the last time I watched Cardiff intriguingly poor. Comically poor at times as Cardiff's professionals struggled to keep the ball/were instructed not to keep the ball. Lowest passing accuracy in the division. lowest ball in play time in the division. It can be a case of what you think football should be. That was not it for myself. 

Sometimes a team plays badly and wins a game in a similar manner to that (but without the deliberate tactics being used). It’s horrible to watch and we would all claim “sign of a good team winning when playing like that”.

But imagine if that is the Managers way of playing. Once that became obvious to me I would be out regardless of wasting the season ticket!!! As you say, Championship players who barely pass the ball in 90 minutes.

49 minutes ago, Three Lions said:

Mitrovic was class and so was Joe Bryan. Aden Flint was Cardiffs most creative player. Thought the post match interview of Scott Parke was weird and he defended their football as he should. The question that should have been asked was of Warnock " how many hours a season do your players spend wiping the ball Neil?"

You're right about Mitrovic. Worked and moved very well for their goal. The bit I liked best was when he brought the ball down with his shoulder to get a shot in. Joe Bryan got beat by his man a few times, but his passing and forward movement were pretty good. All I remember about Flint was his dive  - why wasn't he booked like Arter? And if that was Tomlin's best, I don't think we have that much to worry about from him when we play them. He'll have probably thrown a tantrum or two by then anyway.

Archived