IGNORED

Take 6th?

Charlie0016

3 minutes ago, mozo said:

I've got to say no to 6th! 

I just feel there's the potential for this team to do better and I'm willing to risk it.

Get that, but of course it’s not a card game where we can stick or twist.

I always think these questions are better phrased as ‘How would you feel if we finished 6th’. Me? Pretty good. 

Much depends on how we do up to March next year. It would very disappointing to finish 6th having been in and around the promotion places pretty much all season.

On other hand a late run of good results elevating us into the 6th pray off spot would be a good season.

Probably better to ask the same question in the spring of next year.......

47 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Much depends on how we do up to March next year. It would very disappointing to finish 6th having been in and around the promotion places pretty much all season.

On other hand a late run of good results elevating us into the 6th pray off spot would be a good season.

Probably better to ask the same question in the spring of next year.......

League tables must look very different for you.

How were we in the play offs last season?

18 minutes ago, Judda said:

3 wins in a row and people think we're top 2... Optimism goes through the roof! Let's wait until Xmas before we have any idea of where we might be...

Well we were 2nd at Christmas a couple of seasons ago and we all know how that season turned out, so waiting till Christmas for any idea will tell us nothing. This is city we are talking about.

To the question set by the OP, nah? We have the potential to finish higher.

Is the top 2 a justified target? Why not but 3rd or 4th is where we should be aiming and the top 2 is possible given a fair wind injury wise and potential additions in January.

Why not eh? 

5 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

If we are in top 6 come January and still have a chance of top 2 then I think we will strengthen again by adding a couple more decent signings for a big push.

Hope so. A good January could be the difference. We’ve got it wrong in the last couple of years and faded when it truly mattered. Not for the want of trying I’m sure. Just hope we’ve learnt from it.

1 hour ago, Colemanballs said:

I appreciate you have a compunction to respond negatively to any Robbored post but suggest you try to at least make some sense. 

Your appreciation is wrong as that's simply not true.

Your reading comprehension must also be off as well. The part I highlighted in his post said "the 6th pray off place".

Quite simply (and this really shouldn't need explaining, but hey, apparently it does for you) there aren't 6 play off places. If that were the case, we would have been in them last season.

'Twas merely a light hearted joke, which evidently soared so far over your head it may as well have been in orbit.

Fair enough.

51 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Your appreciation is wrong as that's simply not true.

Your reading comprehension must also be off as well. The part I highlighted in his post said "the 6th pray off place".

Quite simply (and this really shouldn't need explaining, but hey, apparently it does for you) there aren't 6 play off places. If that were the case, we would have been in them last season.

'Twas merely a light hearted joke, which evidently soared so far over your head it may as well have been in orbit.

Fair enough. Your subtlety was indeed lost on me.

Archived