IGNORED

Take 6th?

Charlie0016

9 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

not according to this

when did they start having 6 play off spots?

:facepalm:.........it works like this - the top two in the Championship get automatic promotion. The four other clubs in 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th go into the pray offs 

3rd plays 6th home and away. 4th plays 5th home and away. The winners of those matches reach the pray off final and the winner gets promoted to the PL.

As City finished 8th last season we missed out on automatic and the pray-offs.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

:facepalm:.........it works like this - the top two in the Championship get automatic promotion. The four other clubs in 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th go into the pray offs 

3rd plays 6th home and away. 4th plays 5th home and away. The winners of those matches reach the pray off final and the winner gets promoted to the PL.

As City finished 8th last season we missed out on automatic and the pray-offs.

No, no. 
You said "the sixth pray off spot".

So everyone down to 8th must have been in them. Just using what YOU said.

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

No, no. 
You said "the sixth pray off spot".

So everyone down to 8th must have been in them. Just using what YOU said.

Wasting your time James. But don't worry, every single person reading this is laughing with you and at RR

8 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Or he means finishing 6th, which is a pray off spot.

He may have meant that, but it's patently not what he said; and now that it's been pointed out he is responding in typically idiotic troll-style by attempting to cast the blame on the lack of understanding of others instead of admitting his error. All that's missing is the ****ing sunglasses emoji...

1 minute ago, P'head Red said:

Seems a pretty pointless disagreement to me.. Pretty clear what he meant, even if he didn't type it..

And I made a joke, which was pretty clear- and I did type it.
Only became a disagreement when someone jumped on my post to make an accusation at me.

Weird you're deciding to have a go at me for that (and for Robbored being too arrogant to actually acknowledge that what he typed was wrong)

7 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Then he should have typed that, and not something with a completely different meaning.

He also wrote:

much depends on how we do upto march next year. It would be very disappointing to finish 6th having been in or around the promotion places pretty much all season.

you then replied with:

how were we in the playoffs last season.

if you disagree with what he thinks on here then its a forum, thats what its here for.

But it looks like you are criticising him for typing something with a completely different meaning, then why are you asking him how we were in the playoffs last season, which is a completely different meaning to what he wrote in the first place. Unless when he wrote upto march next year, he actually meant upto march last year, and you are the only one who knows what he really meant.

3 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

He also wrote:

much depends on how we do upto march next year. It would be very disappointing to finish 6th having been in or around the promotion places pretty much all season.

you then replied with:

how were we in the playoffs last season.

if you disagree with what he thinks on here then its a forum, thats what its here for.

But it looks like you are criticising him for typing something with a completely different meaning, then why are you asking him how we were in the playoffs last season, which is a completely different meaning to what he wrote in the first place. Unless when he wrote upto march next year, he actually meant upto march last year, and you are the only one who knows what he really meant.

Jesus ******* Christ.

IT WAS A JOKE!

That's why I highlighted a specific section. 

It wasn't a criticism of him at any point until I mentioned his arrogance in a much later post.

Still maybe when I made that light hearted comment it was actually a scathing deconstruction of him and you are the only one who knows what I really meant.

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Jesus ******* Christ.

IT WAS A JOKE!

Bloody hell Simon, you deliberately acting thick?

Back peddling now eh James?.............

It seems everyone but you understood my post...............:cool2:

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Jesus ******* Christ.

IT WAS A JOKE!

Bloody hell Simon, you deliberately acting thick?

Oh yes, i can clearly see now it was a joke, you weren’t actually giving the guy unnecessary grief at all, and he was in on it the whole time, he just tried to explain himself further to make the joke even funnier. Yes it all makes perfect sense.

5 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Oh yes, i can clearly see now it was a joke, you weren’t actually giving the guy unnecessary grief at all, and he was in on it the whole time, he just tried to explain himself further to make the joke even funnier. Yes it all makes perfect sense.

Amazing how if you take out the completely obvious sarcasm there, you'd actually be correct. 

Note that once again I have highlighted a specific section to denote that I was responding to that bit.

5 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

and he was in on it the whole time

Well, no. Quite obviously not. Only an utter moron would think that, even in sarcasm (and yes, that is a dig at you for trying to make this into a bigger deal that what was- for the 5th time- a light hearted comment).

Luckily now we have all established this was the funniest joke the world has ever seen and next years Edinburgh fringe funniest joke contest isnt even going to be run because it would fade into insignificance compared to the genius that we have just witnessed.

i think we would definitely take 6th now if it was offered.

Back on topic...

Finishing sixth means in order to get promotion, you need to have 3 good (ok two good and one non disastrous) results against three teams that were better than you over the course of a season. So your chances of completing the job aren’t great.

On that basis, with promotion being the aim, and any one of 24 results still being available now, I don’t take finishing 25% of the way down the table as what we should take if given now. Different question if we’re 13th in March.

Do I think Swansea and Charlton will be in top 6 in 10 games time, probably not. Could we stay in there until may, too early to say as I don’t think we are one of the better teams in this league

I would take top 6 now but who knows, we could surprise ourselves and get top 2 providing we don’t continue losing players to injury and we don’t flip into a long run of defeats

Forest, Reading, Fulham, Leeds look good sides based on games so far this season WBA will be around the top 6 again so we will see but lots of twists and turns to be had

9 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

If we are in top 6 come January and still have a chance of top 2 then I think we will strengthen again by adding a couple more decent signings for a big push.

You’d like to think so however if January 2008 and 2018 are anything to go by when we have been in great positions in this league then I wouldn’t hold my breath..

Archived