IGNORED

Oasis

Henry

Also 25th anniversary of Dummy - we’ll never have it as good as the 90s music imo. 

Was listening to Columbia on way home.. absolute masterful tune from a simple rift

4 minutes ago, TomF said:

Also 25th anniversary of Dummy - we’ll never have it as good as the 90s music imo. 

Was listening to Columbia on way home.. absolute masterful tune from a simple rift

Belter of a song about absolutely nothing! 

When you see a thread about Oasis and and its not about a reunion...

Masterpiece of a album but man where the hell did the 25 years go?

I watched Liam Gallaghers recent movie As it was the other day, must watch for any Oasis fan....and of course the Supersonic movie is bloody brilliant.

I like to think/hope they will get back together one day, surely there will be too much money on the table for them to refuse? I can see this happening but it how many decades grrrr

1 hour ago, yardy said:

When you see a thread about Oasis and and its not about a reunion...

Masterpiece of a album but man where the hell did the 25 years go?

I watched Liam Gallaghers recent movie As it was the other day, must watch for any Oasis fan....and of course the Supersonic movie is bloody brilliant.

I like to think/hope they will get back together one day, surely there will be too much money on the table for them to refuse? I can see this happening but it how many decades grrrr

I can’t see it a reunion happening and I’m not sure I want it. Liam is unhinged, I just don’t see why Noel would want to work with him and stand at the side of the stage.

however it is rather convenient there music and tours always coincide... 

• Admin
8 hours ago, TomF said:

- we’ll never have it as good as the 90s music imo. 

That’s a generational thing, for me some the 90’s music is OK, but not as good as that of the late 60’s/70’s.  Zeppelin, Stones, Hendrix, Zappa, Floyd, and too many more to mention.

6 hours ago, Henry said:

I can’t see it a reunion happening and I’m not sure I want it. Liam is unhinged, I just don’t see why Noel would want to work with him and stand at the side of the stage.

however it is rather convenient there music and tours always coincide... 

You know as the years have gone on I’m starting to see more and more that Noel is just as petulant.  I can’t see it ever happening after the last few rows - Noel doesn’t even use social media and yet he took to it to have a row with him. 

9 hours ago, Henry said:

This week has seen the 25th anniversary of definitely maybe and 10 years since they split.

How this country needs a new working class band singing songs of hope and freedom right now!

It will always be one of my top 5 albums. Such a shame they couldn't do a definitely maybe tour.

Personally I feel that the more angsty rock n roll of Idles and Fontaines DC sum up the current zeitgeist.

1 hour ago, mozo said:

It will always be one of my top 5 albums. Such a shame they couldn't do a definitely maybe tour.

Personally I feel that the more angsty rock n roll of Idles and Fontaines DC sum up the current zeitgeist.

They did, in 1994. I saw them at the Fleece. Was less than half full! 

10 hours ago, TomF said:

I was never bothered about Columbia or Bring It On Down

10 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

They did, in 1994. I saw them at the Fleece. Was less than half full! 

I was never bothered about Columbia or Bring It On Down

Thing is there is so many non singles/b sides that everyone can individually appreciate. 

10 hours ago, TomF said:

It’s age determined Tom - my favourite music decade is the 70s but like every decade there's a lot of great music as well as a lot of dross.

First album I remember buying when I was younger. Awesome then, still awesome now. 

Only saw them once. Good job it was when it was too as it was one of the Wembley Stadium gigs just before they finished. Amazing day that was. Finished the night sharing a kebab with the drummer of enter shakiri in St Albans. 

3 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

That’s a generational thing, for me some the 90’s music is OK, but not as good as that of the late 60’s/70’s.  Zeppelin, Stones, Hendrix, Zappa, Floyd, and too many more to mention.

The great thing about the 90s was that you had all the great music from the 60s/70s and all the great music from the 90s before the 00s and 10s started stinking things up.

4 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

The great thing about the 90s was that you had all the great music from the 60s/70s and all the great music from the 90s before the 00s and 10s started stinking things up.

As the musical decades pass each new one will have been influenced by all the previous ones and I’d say the most important decade of them was the 60s - the decade of the Beatles and the Stones whose music influenced pretty much every songwriter - just look at Oasis for example.

Archived