IGNORED

Extinction Rebellion Protests Tomorrow

Mrdc

I am going to be bombing down the M4 from Swindon tomorrow and have just noticed that there have been protests today.

The very unreliable Bristol Post website has no mention of anything tomorrow.

Has anybody heard of any plans for protests tomorrow? If I get a whiff of anything I will go M4, M5 and portway.

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Those b@stards can just bugger off - the last time recently they thought it was clever to block the M32 my mate’s mum had an urgent and vital operation at the BRI cancelled because the surgeon was stuck in the traffic chaos those absolute tossers caused ..

They are protesting about Boris and his closure of parliament, whilst I agree that it’s w shocking decisions I hate their tactics.

i just hope they won’t hit the roads round Ashton tomorrow and stop people getting to AG, With the game being on sky it could give them a bit of extra publicity.

• Admin
7 hours ago, boatman said:

I am going to be bombing down the M4 from Swindon tomorrow and have just noticed that there have been protests today.

Has anybody heard of any plans for protests tomorrow? If I get a whiff of anything I will go M4, M5 and portway.

Protests was only Friday. 

They've all gone home 

My understanding is that the demo against Bozo shutting down Parliament is at 1pm on College Green, so shouldn’t affect anyone heading to AG. 

As for Extinction Rebellion, they were all dressed up outside the BBC on Whiteladies Road yesterday, but I don’t think it affected the traffic unlike previous demos. Not heard that they have anything planned for today.

Anyone remember the 'rebellion style' protests down the gate in days of old?People used to gather outside the director's entrance behind the grandstand shouting abuse. But a bit like otib opinion was often divided so whilst some were shouting sack the board etc they were just as likely to get a right hander from somebody who didn't agree or a soaking of beer thrown at them from the supporters club above.

9 hours ago, boatman said:

Sadly football is off for me, youngest child has been sick everywhere.

1 hour ago, Dr Balls said:

As for Extinction Rebellion, they were all dressed up

I assure you, Doctor, that if they were 'dressed up' Extinction Rebellion they were not. That mob wouldn't look out of place at The House Of Tents.....

1 hour ago, the red rules said:

Anyone remember the 'rebellion style' protests down the gate in days of old?People used to gather outside the director's entrance behind the grandstand shouting abuse. But a bit like otib opinion was often divided so whilst some were shouting sack the board etc they were just as likely to get a right hander from somebody who didn't agree or a soaking of beer thrown at them from the supporters club above.

I recall people standing there shouting ‘Dicks out’ - I didn’t hang about too long after I heard that...

6 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

You need to get your priorities right sunshine. Poor little mite, but could of done that on a Sunday 

At lest it’s on TV.

But your right my first reaction was why today.......we have two other kids and now it’s fingers crossed, they don’t get it as well.

10 hours ago, boatman said:

They are protesting about Boris and his closure of parliament, whilst I agree that it’s w shocking decisions I hate their tactics.

i just hope they won’t hit the roads round Ashton tomorrow and stop people getting to AG, With the game being on sky it could give them a bit of extra publicity.

If those people weren't such tossers in the first place and allowed democracy to happen boris wouldn't be doing what hes doing. Simple as that. Cry like little babies then more choas ensues well done boris i say

11 hours ago, boatman said:

You could come off at J18 for Bath, along the A46 turn right onto the A420 down Tog Hill for about 6 miles to the Ring Road and follow that all the way around to the back end of South Liberty Lane, park up and nip into the Robins for a quick refreshment. 

10 hours ago, boatman said:

That is today on college green, starting at midday (so I've just Googled).

No idea how long they are planning on protesting for, but it is possible it will be busier around that area for those planning on getting there later, and there is the possibility that the area might still be congested after the game.

Add to that, road closures around the Downs for the music festival, and things could be a bit more chaotic than usual.

Maybe today should be PARSON STREET DAY.

12 minutes ago, Red DNA said:

You could come off at J18 for Bath, along the A46 turn right onto the A420 down Tog Hill for about 6 miles to the Ring Road and follow that all the way around to the back end of South Liberty Lane, park up and nip into the Robins for a quick refreshment. 

Blimey, you must like driving!

40 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

If those people weren't such tossers in the first place and allowed democracy to happen boris wouldn't be doing what hes doing. Simple as that. Cry like little babies then more choas ensues well done boris i say

Not quite sure who you mean by 'those people' . The people who stopped us leaving in March were Jacob Rees Mogg and his chums. I'm not sure they are the people out on the streets today. Half of them are in the cabinet. 

2 hours ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Probably the thickest thing I've ever read on here. That's some going mate.

Archived