IGNORED

Brentford's new seats

A Horse With No Name

Not sure if this has been discussed before, but the new seats are being installed in the Bee's new stadium, and are mostly red, with yellow, green and white ones heavily dotted around. Red ones already installed and if it ends up anything like the artists impression it will look really weird, and would really bug me if I was sat in there. Any ideas why they are doing this ?

Screenshot_20190831_080142_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

When the stadium s half empty it notices more if there is a seas of empty red seats. Being broken up by different coloured seats makes it less noticeable.

That's my guess, for what it's worth.

Either that or the person in charge of purchasing got the numbers wrong for red seats, and they made up the order with odd colours they had lying spare!

12 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Red ones already installed and if it ends up anything like the artists impression it will look really weird, and would really bug me if I was sat in there. Any ideas why they are doing this ?

I presume this was completely intended? 

5 minutes ago, downendcity said:

When the stadium s half empty it notices more if there is a seas of empty red seats. Being broken up by different coloured seats makes it less noticeable.

Either that or the person in charge of purchasing got the numbers wrong for red seats, and they made up the order with odd colours they had lying spare!

Was sort of my thoughts as well, except I would have thought black ones would be less noticeable in a half full stadium. Watching the latest drone tour of the stadium on YouTube, it really isn't all that , and the shape, to fit in the triangle footprint is kinda odd.

Just now, RedRaw said:

I presume this was completely intended? 

No but I will claim it.

2 hours ago, downendcity said:

It has a capacity of 17,250 so to try to hide empty seats seems a bit unambitious or not confident they'll sell the seats.

They average just over 11k in the current stadium which has a capacity of just over 12k so they must be close to a home sell out each game ? I know that its difficult finding land in West London and it is really expensive but its a shame its just 17,250. 

2 hours ago, pongo88 said:

The same principle is used at the Gabba cricket ground. The pattern of colours was decided by a computer algorithm to give the impression of a crowd even when only half full.

C972C7A6-C8BE-4A1D-A796-F82CB4A811C5.jpeg

See Ashes 2011 series 

44 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

It has a capacity of 17,250 so to try to hide empty seats seems a bit unambitious or not confident they'll sell the seats.

They average just over 11k in the current stadium which has a capacity of just over 12k so they must be close to a home sell out each game ? I know that its difficult finding land in West London and it is really expensive but its a shame its just 17,250. 

They will know what they capacity they need, what they can afford, and what any site can accommodate. It's always a case of compromise. Better to bite off what you know can chew though.

Archived