IGNORED

Bristol City v Middlesbrough Match Day 6

Septic Peg

Started in a weird shaped 442 and ended more 3142. Last season we were 451 a lot and people called it boring and wanted more attacking football. Well that is what happens when you go more at teams. They get more chances. Thought both sides were dangerous and considering they were closer to full strength that we were that is a decent result and entertaining to watch. With a more competent lineman reckon we see that out

5 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

2-2 FT. Bit of a slow start for us second half and caught out with 2 goals in 2 mins, but 2nd one was clearly offside - can only think lino didn't give it cause Taylor Moore headed on.

Probably a fair result overall. 

Hope international break can see Hunt, Massengo & Nagy all fit ready for Stoke.

Yes Owers and Twentypence on RB agree that the linesman allowed it because of Taylor Moores heading on.

3 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

A point from a game we could have won and should have lost. Boro looked dangerous everytime they came forward at the end

Boro will be up there fighting when it counts imo and so will we. That was no easy game, ignore their start.

1 minute ago, Keith Welch said:

Did Wing chop him down the 2nd time as well?

Thought it was Clayton.

Don't think their goal is actually offside. Taylor Moore gets a clear intentional touch with his head which puts Assombalonga onside. You could maybe argue Assombalonga is interfering with play but it's a bit of a stretch. If you look in the build up you can see Pereira knows hes off but either doesn't comunicate that or Taylor doesn't hear him. 

1 minute ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Yes Owers and Twentypence on RB agree that the linesman allowed it because of Taylor Moores heading on.

Personally think the linesman got it wrong as the Moore touch shouldn't equate to a different phase of play. Assombalonga was clearly offside for the whole phase but in all honesty all three officials were awful today.

From the beeb site.

shows we did well to get something out of the game .

‘ Han-Noah Massengo won't be able to shake off that knock and will have to be replaced, with Antoine Semenyo coming on in his place.

In the last 15 minutes Bristol City have conceded twice and lost two players through injury. Not ideal for head coach Lee Johnson.’ 

1 minute ago, Busterrimes said:

Personally think the linesman got it wrong as the Moore touch shouldn't equate to a different phase of play. Assombalonga was clearly offside for the whole phase but in all honesty all three officials were awful today.

you might be right not sure on the exact details of that part of offside. 

6 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

you might be right not sure on the exact details of that part of offside. 

Me either, to be honest. I think the offside law needs revision and all this first phase, second phase nonsense should be removed.

I always remember Brian Clough saying how can a player not be interfering with play if he is on the pitch ?

1 minute ago, Busterrimes said:

Me either, to be honest. I think the offside law needs revision and all this first phase, second phase nonsense should be removed.

I always remember Brian Clough saying how can a player not be interfering with play if he is in the pitch ?

Better to be on the pitch!

Just now, handballbygordonparr said:

Sky seem to think just one team playing again

They never seem to think much of us, probably because of the part of the country we are located in and that we have never been in the Prem. Hopefully one day City will show them.

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Think Semenyo killed us a bit personally. Hardly got stuck in at all and hardly broke into a sprint the whole time he was on. Was a real chance for him to flourish too in such an open game 

I'm still waiting to see something from him that justifies the hype. So far he's shown very little in the games I've seen.

Maybe he needs that breakthrough moment to get his confidence up?

2 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Assombolonga was offside when ball was played originally so surely when it comes to him he’s offside phases or not.

Yea such a weird rule because TM could argue he has to head it not knowing if a mate is keeping him on. If BA is not there he doesn’t have to try and head away. 

2 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

They never seem to think much of us, probably because of the part of the country we are located in and that we have never been in the Prem. Hopefully one day City will show them.

I think people in this part of the world are too sensitive is probably nearer the mark.

5 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Woodgate on Sky is saying Boro dominated the game from start to finish. What a prat. Let's hope he is as successful as his predecessors. 

Their fans seem way more sensible. General consensus on their forum is 2-2 was fair - a few disappointed not to get the win, a few saying they would have taken a draw before the game. A few nice comments about our players, compliments for Bentley and Palmer in particular, also a few saying they feel sorry for Moore and the OG. Most unsensational and balanced Oppo forum I've seen this season. 

4 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

I'm still waiting to see something from him that justifies the hype. So far he's shown very little in the games I've seen.

Maybe he needs that breakthrough moment to get his confidence up?

Agree. He’s so raw it’s untrue. Can’t see what he adds hugely, but prepared and hoping to be proved wrong! 

15 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

I agree it shouldnt

but the law says it does!!!!

Archived