IGNORED

Bristol City v Middlesbrough Match Day 6

Septic Peg

4 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

I'm still waiting to see something from him that justifies the hype. So far he's shown very little in the games I've seen.

Maybe he needs that breakthrough moment to get his confidence up?

Honestly think he needed to stay on loan. He is so raw not having come through an academy. He basically has half a season of organised football in his life whereas everyone he is playing with has been in a setup for 10 years or more. 

You can see the quality he has though. The vision for passes. The way he glides on the ball. He just lacks the experience of when and where to make plays. Also lacks instinct in the box. He may be a career winger because of this

11 points from 6 games is good, especially given the injuries and new lads settling in.

Disappointing that is was so open and Boro had so much of the game, something for LJ to sort out in the next couple of weeks.

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Honestly think he needed to stay on loan. He is so raw not having come through an academy. He basically has half a season of organised football in his life whereas everyone he is playing with has been in a setup for 10 years or more. 

You can see the quality he has though. The vision for passes. The way he glides on the ball. He just lacks the experience of when and where to make plays. Also lacks instinct in the box. He may be a career winger because of this

Yes, I think Lee only had him back because of our lack of strikers, now that Afobe is here, he should be out on loan to a League One club in January to gain more experience.

5 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

I agree it shouldnt

but the law says it does!!!!

Kind of? The rule says you are onside if the opponent deliberately plays the ball, which Moore did.

Equally, he is offside if 

“A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by...(eg) clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent.”

I would argue he was trying to run on to the ball, which impacts on what Moore does.

It is debateable I suppose rule wise, but still seems nonsense to me.

2 minutes ago, handballbygordonparr said:

Or you could just look at the post match airtime given to Middlesborough players and their manager compared with the couple of minutes available to Lee

But other times such as when we won at Sheffield United on Sky we got all the air time?

Thought Palmer should have been brought off earlier than he was. Really struggling after that hard shift he put in first half. Shame he can't do that for longer. Hope he continues to work on his fitness. Was superb first half. No surprise the equaliser game down our left side.

26 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

I'm still waiting to see something from him that justifies the hype. So far he's shown very little in the games I've seen.

Maybe he needs that breakthrough moment to get his confidence up?

Give the kid a break?..........He was on for under 20 minutes, he had to get used to the pace of a game that we were losing 2-1, and Boro were mainly in the ascendancy in the later stages. I am certain given time and playing minutes, he will be a great striker.

To be fair Semenyo was very poor when he came on. Looked half asleep at times. These experiences will help him though. Would have been ideal to have Walsh on the bench I reckon. Or Nagy obviously.

2 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Give the kid a break?..........He was on for under 20 minutes, he had to get used to the pace of a game that we were losing 2-1, and Boro were mainly in the ascendancy in the later stages. I am certain given time and playing minutes, he will be a great striker.

As a fan base we seem to be very harsh on a team of pretty much strangers amassing 11 points in their last 5 games. If we get it right we should be winning this league by 30 points??

Happy with a draw in the end. In the first half we looked pretty good going forward but were too open when they had the ball. In the second half we were lack-lustre and didn’t seem to have much energy. After their second goal I thought we’d lose so it was good to see that equaliser go in. 

10 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Perhaps they worked out that MORE Boro fans might be watching the match on television? Most BCFC fans would have either been at the Gate or goading the Tramps in Burton’s finest car park.

I do agree that Sky may have worked out MORE(?) away fans might be watching than home fans - this is often the case for televised games.

I also understand the benefits of staying 'under the radar' but there are also huge advantages in projecting the club on TV. Sky's approach underlines their 'small club' view of some teams and may not be doing us any favours.

Pretty decent game and fairly even. Either team could have edged it so a draw probably fair.

If we had not gone to sleep from the 60th to yhe 70th minute, it could have been different.

Whole defence looked a bit shaky but I suppose bus only to be expected with Dasilva Wright and Kalas all out.

Not sure whether we have a solution for the LB issue. Rowe has done well going forward, but a LB he aint.  Teams can see the weakness and are constantly attacking us down that wing. Not so bad when you have 3 centre backs, but there was a big hole where a LB should be today.

Still, happy with 11 points going into the break, though 13 would have put us joint top.

1 hour ago, BCFC Richard said:

Don't think their goal is actually offside. Taylor Moore gets a clear intentional touch with his head which puts Assombalonga onside. You could maybe argue Assombalonga is interfering with play but it's a bit of a stretch. If you look in the build up you can see Pereira knows hes off but either doesn't comunicate that or Taylor doesn't hear him. 

That’s bullocks.

the ball is clearly played to him and at that point he is offside.

17 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Pretty decent game and fairly even. Either team could have edged it so a draw probably fair.

If we had not gone to sleep from the 60th to yhe 70th minute, it could have been different.

Whole defence looked a bit shaky but I suppose bus only to be expected with Dasilva Wright and Kalas all out.

Not sure whether we have a solution for the LB issue. Rowe has done well going forward, but a LB he aint.  Teams can see the weakness and are constantly attacking us down that wing. Not so bad when you have 3 centre backs, but there was a big hole where a LB should be today.

Still, happy with 11 points going into the break, though 13 would have put us joint top.

Agree 100%. And I was quite impressed with O'Dowda there when he moved there. Much quicker, can get up and down the line better. 

Interesting that it looked to me that Boro tactics changed when O'Dowda moved left back. They constantly started attacking the other side. I would go with O'Dowda there. Been saying it a while now. Forest were after him as a left back, and would not surprise me if that's where he ends up playing in the future.

1 hour ago, BCFC Richard said:

Don't think their goal is actually offside. Taylor Moore gets a clear intentional touch with his head which puts Assombalonga onside. You could maybe argue Assombalonga is interfering with play but it's a bit of a stretch. If you look in the build up you can see Pereira knows hes off but either doesn't comunicate that or Taylor doesn't hear him. 

Tbf as a centre back you wouldn’t ever leave it unless you knew for certain, he needs to get himself in a better position to attack that header though rather than getting lost under it and heading backwards. That said if you watch the way the Boro player kicks the ball it was a very good pass

1 hour ago, Bizyer said:

At 1-2 I would have taken a point and at 2-2 it looked as if Boro were most likely to get a third so, all in all. probably a fair result and now we have time to get some of the injured players fit for Stoke.   

And that sir is exactly how I saw, it the injuries mean we are constantly having to make substitutions for the wrong reasons, am very happy considering that and am pleased with the point going into the international break.

13 minutes ago, 054123 said:

That’s bullocks.

the ball is clearly played to him and at that point he is offside.

Unfortunately (as LJ and all the other pundits acknowledged) that’s simply not the rule. The linesman would have waited to see where the ball ended up and he would be offside at the point he plays the ball. The only line in the rules that you could possibly argue makes him offside is:

• making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball

I wouldn’t say he impacted the ability of TM to play the ball - note it doesn’t say anything about effecting the judgement of the opponent

3 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Unfortunately (as LJ and all the other pundits acknowledged) that’s simply not the rule. The linesman would have waited to see where the ball ended up and he would be offside at the point he plays the ball. The only line in the rules that you could possibly argue makes him offside is:

• making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball

I wouldn’t say he impacted the ability of TM to play the ball - note it doesn’t say anything about effecting the judgement of the opponent

That’s complete bullshit if so.

what an unnecessary and pointless rule change.

pathetic is strong enough when trying to describe it.

Archived