IGNORED

Taylor moore

Banjo Island

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

No.

I consider them of a pretty similar standard.

Both are solid at this level, both could be improved on.

Not in my book,

BA will finish a higher percentage of chances that FD ever will ,  

Opinions I guess 

And maybe not as clinical as BA but , as an all round package I’m fine with Afobe over both 

BA &.....BA.  Together would rip up the Championship

2 hours ago, BigAl&Toby said:

Wasn’t there so can’t comment but can you explain to me how a defender plays someone onside? 

Ta.

By heading directly to him.

I thought the og was just bad luck TBH. Could've been anyone stood there. Just happened to hit Moore.

After it, he seemed to lose confidence for a spell though and as well as the disastrous header back, also contrived to pass to a white shirt just outside our box: but fortunately we got that one away.

That said, he had a tough job marking a prolific goal poacher and he is an improving player who shouldn't be judged on a couple of incidents taken in isolation.

However, I think as @shelts said, we'll see Ashley Williams alongside Baker next match. He didn't play today because he is not  match fit. He'll almost certainly be in a couple of weeks.

2 hours ago, Lez said:

I think we need to be realistic. For 89 minutes of games he has been excellent....however he clearly has a howler in him. Getting caught at QPR. Missing the header for their first goal and positionally for their 2nd.

Yes he is making progress, great, but we are team wanting promotion now that is the aim....and we cannot afford these lapses in concentration and mistakes that he is making.

so we never play the younger players who will obviously make mistakes ?

4 hours ago, bexhill reds said:

There's some total shite being posted on here. Assombalonga is a handful and Moore handled him reasonably well.

Sure there's things the lad need to improve on, but overall he's not looking out of place as a championship defender.

It's clear we play better throughout the team as a back 3

Agree - Haven’t read all the posts.

The Taylor Moore I saw v Leeds / Bamford is chalk and cheese to the Taylor Moore I've now seen over the last few games, and today v Assombalonga.

Being outmuscled by Bamford was poor, giving Assombalonga a right old battle (and yes, he got beat a few times) is no disgrace.  He didn’t shirk the challenge and it wasn’t as if it was man v boy.  He has learned quickly since Leeds.  Didn’t realise he scored the  og til just now, and yes, called for a ball he never got to.  But mistakes happen.  And they get amplified when you play so open as a team.

Did anyone see Afobe v Shotton?  Shotton is a physical defender, but how many times did Afobe roll-him, hold him off, etc.  Shotton battled away.  Just think we are over critical.

He’s gonna have dips.  Ideally, he’ll get game time, learn the more he plays.

Yep, he wasn’t fantastic today, but he wasn’t shite either.

I cane away from today thinking it was one of those games where everyone had good and not so good bits.

I think you have to consider that last year he wasn’t anywhere near the first team. 

He has done amazing so far - fair play to the lad. I love his confidence to play out and his decision making when passing will get better. He is strong as well and decent in the air. His experience will only grow of course and he continues to impress. 

Fair play to Johnson for trusting him and bringing him to to the first XI. Could easily be our next 15-20M asset

Whoever came in to replace Webster had very big shoes to fill. That the replacement is not the £10m "proven" centre back many expected and/or wanted but our our 22 year old only increased the pressure on Taylor Moore.

In addition, we have spoiled over the last few seasons by having centre backs of the quality of Kalas, Flint and ( at his best) Baker, against whom Moore will doubtless be measured. The fact that he has started the season as well as he has speaks volumes for his ability and attitude. Let's hope he continues his progress and proves his doubters wrong.

5 hours ago, Colemanballs said:

According to the commentary on ESPN he has scored more goals in the championship over the last five years than any other player.

I'd wager he's also played more games in the Championship than any other striker during that time.

53 minutes ago, Lez said:

Whatever you've been smoking sniffing injecting please can I have some.

Ok.

Have some nothing.

Their goal records are incredibly similar at this level.

6 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

I'd wager he's also played more games in the Championship than any other striker during that time.

Ok.

Have some nothing.

Their goal records are incredibly similar at this level.

There’s a lot more to being a striker than goalscoring, which is often overlooked. My issue with Diedhiou is as tireless he is, he’s very wasteful; in chances, in possession, in relieving pressure. And that’s why despite similar scoring records he’s a long way behind Britt  

As it was, I think we were out for a goal scorer primarily, and picked up the better player for us in the end. 

Boro put a lot of pressure on the two central defenders. This was mainly, IMO, due to an attacking midfield full of young players that did not provide enough defensive cover.

Every player in the side yesterday, contributed to an open, entertaining football match. Every player made mistakes, some tactical, some positional and some with the ball.

Taylor Moore was the one highlighted because of the two goals and that is only to be expected. But we should not forget how much he has improved and is now making a good contribution to the team's performances.

He was clearly upset at the end of the match by leaving the pitch on his own. He will take confidence from what he did very well in the game and work hard in training to minimise the errors.

Thought he had another good game. Own goal it just hit him couldn’t get out of way. He only lost Assombalonga once for the second goal. However the officials let him down as Assombalonga was offside when ball played. It’s a tough one and could be out for debate. Taylor Moore does head the ball but Assombalonga offside and active during first phase of play therefore offside. !!

This young player has stepped up and will get better as the season goes on. 

17 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

First was his fault in the build up. Called off Baker for a header and he lost it leading to the attack. From my angle Baker wins it and danger done but TM took responsibility by calling him off and lost his battle. A mistake. Maybe his only of the match but mistakes at this level cost you more often than not. He makes one or two a game. Kalas and Baker are that good because they make mistakes 1 every 2-3 games. That is the difference. Moore is growing for sure but he doesn’t have much more time to cut these out before Kalas and Williams are ready. 

I agree with this but we have to be careful. Moore is growing, like you said - and it’s HOW we/he deal with his mistakes that is key. We don’t want his confidence to be destroyed. He will be fully aware of the part he played in both the Boro goals today (aside from the lino’s Contribution) and we all want him to react positively. It’s also important to point out that Boro are a good side despite their indifferent start to the season and Assombalonga is a seasoned pro at this level. Moore isn’t the first and won’t be the last who will be undone by them. 

3 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

i know people wont agree but it is time for Williams to come in for Taylor Moore. The lad has done great but we need leaders and Williams is the man to have at the back.Taylor Moore looks very nervous to me. boro could have had a few goals yesterday. 

You have a point. I like TM but I think he looked nervous yesterday against Assombalonga(?). I would suggest bringing in Williams alongside TM and NB.

4 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

You have a point. I like TM but I think he looked nervous yesterday against Assombalonga(?). I would suggest bringing in Williams alongside TM and NB.

No room for Kalas ?

Nice problem for LJ if he plays a back three and Williams is fit to play.

Archived