IGNORED

Massengo Injury

MelksRed

Two nasty challenges on him today. Doubt it was a case of targeting a young lad, just poor challenges (credit to him for his quick feet). If he is ok and fit for the next game after international break, I wouldn't be surprised to see him benched and Nagy start. Played a lot of football in a physical division, would be wise to protect him slightly.

15 minutes ago, westred1 said:

Two nasty challenges on him today. Doubt it was a case of targeting a young lad, just poor challenges (credit to him for his quick feet). If he is ok and fit for the next game after international break, I wouldn't be surprised to see him benched and Nagy start. Played a lot of football in a physical division, would be wise to protect him slightly.

Shame WE have to protect him though isn't it.

23 minutes ago, mozo said:

Didn't look like one that we can't repair in the break. Having said that, I think Nagy will replace him for Stoke away.

I also think Williams will be brought into the back three to restore our preferred formation.

Is it our preferred formation, though? It seemed that LJ went three at the back at least partly as a response to the Dasilva injury. We are currently playing in whatever shape is dictated by the available resources. I don’t think he will know his best team or how he wants to set up for some time, until he has a more or less full squad to select from and has seen enough of the new signings to be sure who he most trusts.

5 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

He certainly got a kicking throughout the game,  deliberately or otherwise.... More so than any other player I would argue

Some players draw in the challenges; Massengo falls into this category.

Likes his close control and touches so he will attract kicks more than other players on the pitch.

1 hour ago, Midred said:

Does surprise me that Clayton didn't get booked for the second challenge, it looked worse than the first one that Wing went in the book for?

I saw the replay and it was a bad one,I'm not sure if the lad who committed the tackle had been booked but it was defo a yellow....

1 hour ago, Midred said:

Does surprise me that Clayton didn't get booked for the second challenge, it looked worse than the first one that Wing went in the book for?

There was one that Wing put in on him at the start of the second half which wasn't much better. Minimal protests from anyone but the sort of foul that might have got a yellow if he didn't already have one.

1 hour ago, westred1 said:

Two nasty deliberate challenges. The second was clearly done because of the knock he was already carrying.

I'm not apportioning any blame here and tbh it wouldn't be good for football as a whole. It's a physical League and Massengo would know- back sooner rather than later hopefully!

However am I the only one who thinks that bad/OTT/reckless challenges, given how much players cost now both as fees and wages, out injuries for x weeks especially at say Championship level where costs rose a lot quicker than revenue, will sew the emergence of interclub lawsuits?

Cold hard business point, these are multi million pound 'assets' getting paid multiples of £10k per WEEK.

3 hours ago, RackCity said:

I saw him come out of the players entrance/exit with all the other players after the game. He didn't have any boot/crutches and was happily posing for photos so?

This, I saw him outside the Ashton Road entrance, a good hour after the end of the game. 

He had no protection on his leg and looked perfectly happy, so hopefully nothing serious. 

4 hours ago, Harry said:

Was definitely targeted. 

Boro giving him a ‘welcome to the championship’ 

Absolutely he was. Noah was well known in footballing circles and the Boro would have been aware of this kid with special talent now playing for Bristol City.

LJ didn’t think that Messengo is badly injured. 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Absolutely he was. Noah was well known in footballing circles and the Boro would have been aware of this kid with special talent now playing for Bristol City.

LJ didn’t think that Messengo is badly injured. 

LJ didn't think that Massengo WAS badly injured...    or

LJ doesn't think that Massengo IS badly injured

Mixed tenses ffs

Come on Robbo, you're better than this    :laugh:

17 hours ago, CliftonCliff said:

Is it our preferred formation, though? It seemed that LJ went three at the back at least partly as a response to the Dasilva injury. We are currently playing in whatever shape is dictated by the available resources. I don’t think he will know his best team or how he wants to set up for some time, until he has a more or less full squad to select from and has seen enough of the new signings to be sure who he most trusts.

Agreed and that's what I mean... 3-5-2 is our preferred formation with the current injuries,  which is why Williams will come into a back 3 for Stoke away imo.

Playing O'Dowda or Rowe in a traditional left back role is really not ideal and I feel for LJ having to win tough games like yesterday with current injuries. 

In hindsight though we perhaps needed Pring this season. 

Archived