IGNORED

Swansea at Home (Merged)

JacktheJackoff

34 minutes ago, TuxHarry said:

Innit. Last time was the first time I’ve ever known a mob of Swansea turn up in Bristol, usually it’s us and Cardiff whilst they looked on with envy.

Envy at what ? Some idiots thinking they’re hard ? if people want to fight they should go and join the army and do some proper fighting. ?

I've a couple of very good friends who are Swansea fans, both fantastic quality gentlemen who have been supporting their team for many decades through all the shit times as well as the occasional highs.

Think I'd best not alert them to this thread, as I know they would be mortally embarrassed by this hoofwanking bunglec..t. 

23 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

I've a couple of very good friends who are Swansea fans, both fantastic quality gentlemen who have been supporting their team for many decades through all the shit times as well as the occasional highs.

Think I'd best not alert them to this thread, as I know they would be mortally embarrassed by this hoofwanking bunglec..t. 

Thought you'd had a stroke at the end there..

1 hour ago, JacktheJack said:

Envy at what ? Some idiots thinking they’re hard ? if people want to fight they should go and join the army and do some proper fighting. ?

Finally, some sense at last. It took a while, but something I can agree on. 

Everything else you've spouted though sadly, has been rubbish. Thinking you'll get an easy game, is asking for trouble. One thing no one should do in this league, is under estimate anyone. Championship is one of the toughest leagues around. Extremely unpredictable (unlike your gloating). 

We'll see you back on the forum I presume if we surprise you and beat you? No? Didn't think so.. 

8 hours ago, Akira said:

Finally, some sense at last. It took a while, but something I can agree on. 

Everything else you've spouted though sadly, has been rubbish. Thinking you'll get an easy game, is asking for trouble. One thing no one should do in this league, is under estimate anyone. Championship is one of the toughest leagues around. Extremely unpredictable (unlike your gloating). 

We'll see you back on the forum I presume if we surprise you and beat you? No? Didn't think so.. 

It’s called banter. If we play Man City, I’ll be say we’re going to easily beat them. It’s also called having a sense of humour ?

1 hour ago, JacktheJack said:

It’s called banter. If we play Man City, I’ll be say we’re going to easily beat them. It’s also called having a sense of humour ?

Oh, thanks for the heads up. Never heard of 'banter' or humour before. I'll try and get some at the next opportunity. 

BTW, saying you'll beat man City isn't 'banter', it's just daft. 

52 minutes ago, Akira said:

Oh, thanks for the heads up. Never heard of 'banter' or humour before. I'll try and get some at the next opportunity. 

A bit like us saying we would beat Man Utd..........Oh!Hang on.......

2 hours ago, Akira said:

That’s funny because I’ve seen us beat Man City and not long ago.

Oh and I’ve see Swansea beat Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and win a major trophy. Almost forgot seen us play and beat Valencia in Europe......or was just being daft.?

1 minute ago, JacktheJack said:

Oh and I’ve see Swansea beat Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and win a major trophy. Almost forgot seen us play and beat Valencia in Europe......or was just being daft.?

Stop living in the past. You are not a Premier League team any more.

Sorry to break it to you. 

5 minutes ago, JacktheJack said:

And yet here you are, getting your knickers in a twist over a trip to little old Bristol City.

Dunno if it's the right thread for objectivity but anyway- banter aside.

When clubs get success, move to new grounds and especially when these coincide, fan bases tend to rise and a chunk to a fair chunk stick with the side. Subject to wrangling with deeply unpopular owners- the core fanbase increases basically, though with varying loyalty. This has doubtless happened with Swansea and has absolutely happened with us as we've established ourselves and though it wasn't a move, it was a redevelopment- miss the East End though!

Neither side will "win easily". Expect a hard fought game, a good game between two sides who have started well. In fact, in some ways though less possession top heavy Swansea could be trickier- they seem to be both a possession based in some games and a counter attacking in others- but we have improved too and have plenty of players to return, and Afobe will be refreshed by then missing Stoke away, hopefully Nagy will be back and sharp. Fancy us to win if we setup right.

Is it a big game? Yeah. It's not the Bristol derby or Cardiff but it's next level down- there should be a good atmosphere, especially being 3pm and personally speaking am looking forward to it- good atmosphere good match. It's not a top level derby game but it's close enough to enhance than say some run of the mill neither big or middling Championship club! It is also a bit of an "international" even if minorly- England v Wales in close proximity.

21 minutes ago, JacktheJack said:

Nice to look back at past achievements. Not that you can do that ?

Would rather look forward myself, and let’s be honest with a better owner, bigger crowds, better squad we have more of a chance of being successful in the future than you

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Dunno if it's the right thread for objectivity but anyway- banter aside.

When clubs get success, move to new grounds and especially when these coincide, fan bases tend to rise and a chunk to a fair chunk stick with the side. Subject to wrangling with deeply unpopular owners- the core fanbase increases basically, though with varying loyalty. This has doubtless happened with Swansea and has absolutely happened with us as we've established ourselves and though it wasn't a move, it was a redevelopment- miss the East End though!

Neither side will "win easily". Expect a hard fought game, a good game between two sides who have started well. In fact, in some ways though less possession top heavy Swansea could be trickier- they seem to be both a possession based in some games and a counter attacking in others- but we have improved too and have plenty of players to return, and Afobe will be refreshed by then missing Stoke away, hopefully Nagy will be back and sharp. Fancy us to win if we setup right.

Is it a big game? Yeah. It's not the Bristol derby or Cardiff but it's next level down- there should be a good atmosphere, especially being 3pm and personally speaking am looking forward to it- good atmosphere good match. It's not a top level derby game but it's close enough to enhance than say some run of the mill neither big or middling Championship club! It is also a bit of an "international" even if minorly- England v Wales in close proximity.

It’s a shame that can’t have more tickets to add to the atmosphere but this subject has covered a million times in various ways 

2 hours ago, JacktheJack said:

Ere Jack, thats wonderful stats and well done!!!

That must make us European champions then as we beat you home and away last season!!!!! :laugh: ?

Archived