IGNORED

Pre Match Music?

BRISTOL86

Whatever I heard before kickoff was utter dross. Not sure if it's the song you refer too. 

Heard better sounding bags of spanners having been dropped down a long and winding staircase. 

Take the voice out of the track and all you were left with was similar to what an 8 year old creates when they get over enthusiastic with the presets on their first electric keyboard. 

38 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Whatever I heard before kickoff was utter dross. Not sure if it's the song you refer too. 

Heard better sounding bags of spanners having been dropped down a long and winding staircase. 

Take the voice out of the track and all you were left with was similar to what an 8 year old creates when they get over enthusiastic with the presets on their first electric keyboard. 

Thanks that’s super helpful :) 

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Trying to find out what one of the songs played before the game was today? Played fairly close to kick off, electronica type style, reminded me a bit of MGMT/M83. Anyone know?

Ta

There was one song close to kick off called 'beautifully unconventional' by wolf alice. Try that, amd hope that helps? 

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Trying to find out what one of the songs played before the game was today? Played fairly close to kick off, electronica type style, reminded me a bit of MGMT/M83. Anyone know?

Ta

Download Shazam mate. Sure it’ll play at the next game and the app tells you what song/artist it is 

20 hours ago, 054123 said:

The video montage to the Chemical Brothers is awesome.

I love it, I want to be able to download it.

I agree. Love the video and the Chemical Brothers are one of my favs. Whoever put this together did a great job. Shame I cant let the new SLO know my thoughts on here as someone is missing a bit of praise.

On 31/08/2019 at 19:17, BRISTOL86 said:

Ta

Pretty sure I heard The Wombats from the concourse before the game. 

Could be them? 

On 31/08/2019 at 19:33, CotswoldRed said:

Not keen then?

4 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

That’s sad news 

Was it the ginger lad who was in The army or the older one who flew helicopters?

With any luck the entire generation above them. Charles, hmm.  Andrew, not looking too good.  Edward, the one that organised Royal Celebrity Knockout.... (and then vanished).

The Queen is going to stick this out until Charles chokes on a Glacé cherry at Xmas imo.

On 01/09/2019 at 12:35, headhunter said:

I was wondering what track accompanied the video montage too and with some help from a younger person than me can advise it is Galvanize by Chemical Brothers.

Good video and the track makes it . Villa did something similar when I occasionally watched them in the past

Far better Chemical Brothers tracks than this tbh. I get that some like the video but as for the music, it doesn’t really work for me pre-football at AG. Preferred “Unfinished Sympathy” and Massive Attack are at least local....

14 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Didn't realise that people from OTIB having heard of a band was a pre-requisite to them being good or not!

If they were ‘great’ bands then in order to qualify for such an accolade then many would of heard of them.

Bands like Led Zeppelin,Fleetwood Mac, the Beatles, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, The Kinks,Black Sabbath.....it’s a pretty long list.

52 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Any more modern bands that you like? 

Music’s a strange one PF

You spend your early life listening your elders moaning about modern music and believe that you will be different

You begin to go to Clubs less and then one day you suddenly realise you never listen to Radio One anymore !

Then you realise that you hear,  more and more , music and artists discussed that you’ve never heard of !

Then you laugh , realise you are now ‘old’ and stick your Pink Floyd CD on again !

It will happen ......and have yourself a chuckle , when you realise it has !

( I don’t moan about modern music , I just couldn't get a single question correct about music rom last 5 years at least !)

56 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Nope!

Im stuck in a musical time warp PF. I rarely listen to modern music.

That said if in 20 years the music by MTGT has reached legendary status I’ll eat my hat..........:)

MGMT - Kids at Glastonbury in 2014 was outrageously good, never heard anything like it. 

Archived