IGNORED

Pre Match Music?

BRISTOL86

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Music’s a strange one PF

You spend your early life listening your elders moaning about modern music and believe that you will be different

You begin to go to Clubs less and then one day you suddenly realise you never listen to Radio One anymore !

Then you realise that you hear,  more and more , music and artists discussed that you’ve never heard of !

Then you laugh , realise you are now ‘old’ and stick your Pink Floyd CD on again !

It will happen ......and have yourself a chuckle , when you realise it has !

( I don’t moan about modern music , I just couldn't get a single question correct about music rom last 5 years at least !)

I'm still an Album guy, not in that I buy a lot of them but I can't really understand how artists can just rely on singles for any kind of longevity. Even with club music how are you supposed to find out what the tracks are called apart from buying the right compilation (if it's not the artist's own) or be lucky enough to bend a DJ's ear while he's on the job.

/Just about on the right side of 40

//Predator soundtrack would be a great football warmup

1 hour ago, sephjnr said:

I'm still an Album guy, not in that I buy a lot of them but I can't really understand how artists can just rely on singles for any kind of longevity. Even with club music how are you supposed to find out what the tracks are called apart from buying the right compilation (if it's not the artist's own) or be lucky enough to bend a DJ's ear while he's on the job.

/Just about on the right side of 40

//Predator soundtrack would be a great football warmup

There's plenty of phone apps out there for that very job... :farmer:

6 hours ago, Robbored said:

If they were ‘great’ bands then in order to qualify for such an accolade then many would of heard of them.

Bands like Led Zeppelin,Fleetwood Mac, the Beatles, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, The Kinks,Black Sabbath.....it’s a pretty long list.

Not sure that having heard of a band makes them great?   I've heard of Abba, Cliff Richards and New Kids on the Block

But would NEVER hold them in the same esteem as your list.

It's bugging me that the white stripes loop is out of time with itself. This results in our rendition becoming out of time with the speakers. If that makes sense. I phoned up to point this out. 

Let me say this another way. Whoever cut the 4 bar loop nipped off too much so its like 95% of the total length. Obviously it's then in time when the full track is played. 

Although it doesn't matter really I guess. 

2 minutes ago, Redcliffe1990 said:

It's bugging me that the white stripes loop is out of time with itself. This results in our rendition becoming out of time with the speakers. If that makes sense. I phoned up to point this out. 

Let me say this another way. Whoever cut the 4 bar loop nipped off too much so its like 95% of the total length. Obviously it's then in time when the full track is played. 

Although it doesn't matter really I guess. 

The main bass riff loops so that the drums kick in only when the players and ref are ready to go, and when the countdown goes to 0 the lead guitar comes in.

That both of these are looped separately is what's so grating.

5 hours ago, soultrader said:

Not sure that having heard of a band makes them great?   I've heard of Abba, Cliff Richards and New Kids on the Block

But would NEVER hold them in the same esteem as your list.

Two of that three are not musical  ‘greats’ but ABBA are imv.

When ABBA first became popular in 1974 it was considered seriously uncool and tacky to like their songs but over the years their songs have grown on me and I consider Bjorn and Benny a great songwriters.

Archived