IGNORED

Home v away results

Ska Junkie

Why do we get such good results away yet seem to struggle at home? I really can't put my finger on it.

Yes, I appreciate we get more space away from the Gate and opposition teams are more defensive in BS3 but we've had better results away from home quite consistently for a while now and we don't appear to be breaking the cycle. Not having a pop or being negative but it's a concern if we have aspirations to be right near the top.

Any ideas? 

3 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Agree with the above - but when one up today we should have bosses them and gone for the throat.

We sit back too much and this needs to change if we are to be serious contenders. I still reckon we need three in the middle of the park to control the game

I agree with both yourself and Rossi but how do we alleviate the issue? Other teams seem to manage better at home than we do and it IS a concern. Maybe the extra man in the midfield is the answer. :dunno:

5 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I agree with both yourself and Rossi but how do we alleviate the issue? Other teams seem to manage better at home than we do and it IS a concern. Maybe the extra man in the midfield is the answer. :dunno:

Think we need to wait awhile Ska

I think we have the players to not only get good results away from home but better results at home too 

Need some back fit and give LJ a chance to work with a newish squad

I suspect we will see more helter skelter games yet this season !

Maybe I’m wrong but atm I’m enjoying seeing some talented footballers , of a sort , that have been rare in BS3 over the decades , and entertaining football (Credit to Boro today as well)

Last season was chewy and painful at home 

19 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Teams sit back at AG, harder to break down

City playing away, teams tend to attack suiting our style - kind of opposite to above 

Think that’s a really basic way of summing it up 

Except for today or the other teams who came and  just played football.

7 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I think 3 in the middle will help although I’m torn, as this probably means no place for NE - our best crosser - probably one of the best in the league to be honest. On balance id go for 3 In the middle with Palmer behind AW and Afobe. So many times I’ve seen us not have bodies in the middle to collect the ball. 4312 for me so we can boss the game at home. 

13 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Think we need to wait awhile Ska

I think we have the players to not only get good results away from home but better results at home too 

Need some back fit and give LJ a chance to work with a newish squad

I suspect we will see more helter skelter games yet this season !

Maybe I’m wrong but atm I’m enjoying seeing some talented footballers , of a sort , that have been rare in BS3 over the decades , and entertaining football (Credit to Boro today as well)

Last season was chewy and painful at home 

I agree about last season Bob and maybe I'm jumping the gun a tad but it's a concern and something probably worth discussing. I've no doubt LJ is looking for a solution and injuries are playing a major part but we've consistently done better away from the Gate and I can't see why. No doubt LJ is on it. 

7 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I think 3 in the middle will help although I’m torn, as this probably means no place for NE - our best crosser - probably one of the best in the league to be honest. On balance id go for 3 In the middle with Palmer behind AW and Afobe. So many times I’ve seen us not have bodies in the middle to collect the ball. 4312 for me so we can boss the game at home. 

That could be the answer Tony, I genuinely have no idea but it's become a topic of conversation around where i sit so thought it worth bringing up on here.

Do we need to do anything yet as Bob says? Maybe the coaching team are awaiting the return of Nagy etc? I really don't know but it's a concern. We need good home results to be right up there IMHO.

6 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I agree about last season Bob and maybe I'm jumping the gun a tad but it's a concern and something probably worth discussing. I've no doubt LJ is looking for a solution and injuries are playing a major part but we've consistently done better away from the Gate and I can't see why. No doubt LJ is on it. 

That could be the answer Tony, I genuinely have no idea but it's become a topic of conversation around where i sit so thought it worth bringing up on here.

Do we need to anything yet as Bob says? Maybe the coaching team are awaiting the return of Nagy? I really don't know but it's a concern. We need good home results to be right up there IMHO.

I think it’s a fair question for debate Ska , but with new players and all the injuries we are almost starting afresh

It will be interesting and revealing how LJ sets up and picks once he has some returning and had time to work with a new squad and new approach 

I do think Nagy would have helped us greatly today and , personally , with the creative players we now have and a progressive midfield I’m  not sure we either need or should be pushing our full backs on and committing them to the degree we do

( In fairness I’m maybe less concerned than many because I’m not desperate to go up tbh and for various reasons just please to be enjoying watching them atm)

Archived