IGNORED

Jack Hunt

Alan Dicks

9 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Can’t recall JB ever playing right midfield but could be my memory going in my old age.

Well we did and we played him centre midfield on a couple of occasions, when I thought we were missing a trick not playing him there more often. Being two footed he looked very comfortable there.

On 01/09/2019 at 07:46, Red Right Hand said:

It was nice to see him get a good round of applause from the crowd when he had to go off today which doesn`t always happen.

I read this thread for the first time today and thought ‘fk it - not another injury....’ 

then I looked at the date........ ? idiot!!

Criticising full backs is a curse of the “modern game”......there’s no other position on the pitch where players are supposed to be world class going forward and at the back

No one says “that Abraham, decent finishers but if someone runs at him one on one he’s rubbish”....even midfielders who are creative but poor at the defensive element get a “yes but that’s not why he’s in the team”

Full backs however are supposed to be fantastic at everything despite quite often being the least expensive player.....Hunt suffered with it when at Wednesday and all our full backs have copped it for years (mind you, our current right back Odebayo, bloody deserves it!

Hunt has 4 assists in 7 league games.

Or 5 in 8 if you include the QPR EFL cup game where he scored a screamer.

Good solid player who gets stuck in when necessary and isn't averse to a bit of shithousery now and then.

Having Pereira as a backup is luxury.

12 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Good solid player who gets stuck in when necessary and isn't averse to a bit of shithousery now and then.

Hunt is starting to show consistency as our RB that I hoped he would when we signed him.  I’m pretty sure I was very happy when he signed and thought we had a “proper right back” (my words at the time), able to do all the bits a RB should. 

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Hunt is starting to show consistency as our RB that I hoped he would when we signed him.  I’m pretty sure I was very happy when he signed and thought we had a “proper right back” (my words at the time), able to do all the bits a RB should. 

Agreed.

But I was gutted that Pisano left - a real proper right back.

55 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Great number of assists so far and if he keeps it up it’d be 25+ assists for the season. 

He needs to continue with that ratio, add a few more goals and improve defensive positioning. If he does that he could legitimately claim to be the best right back named Hunt we’ve ever seen at City.

Great start to the season- wonder if the signing of Pereira has helped push him up a notch- strong competition for places can do this.

RB or RWB? With our current setup maybe a bit of the latter, may well be better for him due to his attacking instincts.

4 assists though? Unless I've missed one it's 3? That'd be one v Derby and 2 on Saturday.

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Great start to the season- wonder if the signing of Pereira has helped push him up a notch- strong competition for places can do this.

RB or RWB? With our current setup maybe a bit of the latter, may well be better for him due to his attacking instincts.

4 assists though? Unless I've missed one it's 3? That'd be one v Derby and 2 on Saturday.

Hunt delivered the cross which the defender put into his own net against Hull (2nd goal I think).

Is that not an assist despite it being an own goal ?

12 hours ago, Riaz said:

Most games he’s woeful going forward

He has been very good this season with a couple of poor/average games. We have to take on board that this will happen with all of our players - that is why they play in the Championship for us......Hoping it isn't a curse but Hunt seems to getting more consistent, and long may it continue.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Riaz doesn’t rate him. 

Not sure whether he’ll change his opinion if Hunt carries on playing well. 

If he puts in crosses like those on saturday i'll have no complaints.

But he did that last season - 2 assists in one game. But he needs to do it more often.

On 15/09/2019 at 11:25, East End Old Boy said:

Think this is real option for him, although I’m still having nightmares about his missed attempts to trap a ball, was it twice against QPR at home, towards the Atyeo, which went out for throw ins? 

To be fair he wasn’t the only one that day , the sun played havoc for those cross field balls .

Archived