IGNORED

Ticket checks.

marmite

8 minutes ago, marmite said:

Haven't seen this posted elsewhere but were there more stringent checks on tickets yesterday. It appeared so in the Lansdown. Was this to avoid swopped tickets being used by the wrong age groups?

Yeah it happens when people post on the forum asking what the colours mean and if they can use their unused season tickets for a mate etc.....

After the other thread during the week I was going in on my own fairly early today, there was nobody else going through the turnstiles at the same time, I noticed at least three stewards watching me.

I deliberately used my daughters U12 ticket, got a blue light and walked in.

Nobody said a word.

Does that mean they presumed I was over 65? Gutted if so!

4 hours ago, marmite said:

Haven't seen this posted elsewhere but were there more stringent checks on tickets yesterday. It appeared so in the Lansdown. Was this to avoid swopped tickets being used by the wrong age groups?

I had mine checked. Think it’s more to do with checking that you are in the right stand, ie paid the extra for the Landsdown stand ,rather than age group.

The thing is yesterday, OAPs and children were told to use a certain turnstile in the Lansdown where I entered. Even people who had reached the front of the queue were told to queue again at a different turnstile. There were 4 steward on our gate, 1 on each turnstile, as opposed to the usual 1 or sometimes 2 overseeing the lot. My mate, an OAP, had his ticket confiscated last season when he let his adult son use it. Watch out OTIB, they are scanning this forum!!!

27 minutes ago, marmite said:

The thing is yesterday, OAPs and children were told to use a certain turnstile in the Lansdown where I entered. Even people who had reached the front of the queue were told to queue again at a different turnstile. There were 4 steward on our gate, 1 on each turnstile, as opposed to the usual 1 or sometimes 2 overseeing the lot. My mate, an OAP, had his ticket confiscated last season when he let his adult son use it. Watch out OTIB, they are scanning this forum!!!

Of course- this section is open, anyone can read it. Easiest thing in the world.

On 01/09/2019 at 12:11, marmite said:

Saw two being let out of the Atyeo end of the Dolman at about 12:15 and being advised the cards they used were being “retained”!

On 01/09/2019 at 12:57, richwwtk said:

After the other thread during the week I was going in on my own fairly early today, there was nobody else going through the turnstiles at the same time, I noticed at least three stewards watching me.

I deliberately used my daughters U12 ticket, got a blue light and walked in.

Nobody said a word.

Does that mean they presumed I was over 65? Gutted if so!

No, it means your daughter will be shown as ever-present on the ticketing system and will get first dibs on a Playoff Final ticket.

Whilst you, my friend, will have to sweat it out... ?

I mistakenly used an u-12 ticket to get into the Dolman last season, I was collared by a Steward and directed to the ticket office to pay for an upgrade, I used my own ticket to come back in so all was well, however, I am 63, so I assume there must be a colour difference between u-12 and 65+ ticket or I doubt I would have been picked up.

1 minute ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

I mistakenly used an u-12 ticket to get into the Dolman last season, I was collared by a Steward and directed to the ticket office to pay for an upgrade, I used my own ticket to come back in so all was well, however, I am 63, so I assume there must be a colour difference between u-12 and 65+ ticket or I doubt I would have been picked up.

You don't look a day over 60 Whitchurch1966.

Archived