IGNORED

One song from yesterday

bristoldan19

1 hour ago, bristoldan19 said:

There was a song sung relatively quietly by some in S82 yesterday, I couldn't make out all the lyrics but some of them were 'f$@k the pope and the IRA' 

What's the connection to City and why was it sung? Pretty sure Rangers were fined and had a reduced capacity because if this? 

I suggested ages ago substituting that last line with “...f@ck the gas and Holloway...” - still woefully childish but less emotive than referring to religion, politics and terrorism ...

Putting aside the fact it appears to be some kind of Old Firm type thing?

It's possibly NOT what we need right now given the fact there are the perceived issues with standing and of course the pyro v QPR.

Football and politics, football and religion too- not terribly good partners.

That aside, having looked if up the tune is not bad.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Putting aside the fact it appears to be some kind of Old Firm type thing?

It's possibly NOT what we need right now given the fact there are the perceived issues with standing and of course the pyro v QPR.

Football and politics, football and religion too- not terribly good partners.

That aside, having looked if up the tune is not bad.

To be honest Politics and Religion aren’t good partners to anything!!

Why anyone would be interested in Scottish football (apart from the Scottish) is beyond me utter sh*te

3 hours ago, MrBibs said:

It was the 50p Flute song and as far as I know it has absolutely nothing to do with City.  Hope it doesn’t catch on. 

Indeed. Young and no sense.

2 hours ago, Martin89 said:

Because of Randolph in goal for Boro I think? I know the song from following England away.

I would doubt it. More likely heard it from their Rovers acquaintances and thought it big and clever.

From their description, I suspect they were too young to have experienced the IRA atrocities, even those in Park Street, and almost certainly too unintelligent to associate Randolph with Ireland etc.

Young and no sense more likely in my view.

9 hours ago, Martin89 said:

Randolph in goal for Ireland is what I thought it was about. 

I genuinely don't understand any part of this thread.

I wasn't at the match, as I live in Cork.  

But if a group of fans are singing it because Randolph is Irish. 

Does the song somehow exclude the Irish players in the City squad?

:facepalm:

It was nothing to do with Randolph. The people singing it knew what they were singing. We have no more of an affiliation with Rangers than any of the other 89 EFL clubs (Milwall and Chelsea not included). It was being sung as a stance against UEFA/ SFA and various other football governing bodies for their mistreatment of Rangers fans recently, particularly the Union Bears group

Also, **** the pope and the IRA.

3 minutes ago, STeveOELlis said:

It was nothing to do with Randolph. The people singing it knew what they were singing. We have no more of an affiliation with Rangers than any of the other 89 EFL clubs (Milwall and Chelsea not included). It was being sung as a stance against UEFA/ SFA and various other football governing bodies for their mistreatment of Rangers fans recently, particularly the Union Bears group

Do we?

Couldn’t care less about rangers myself...

19 minutes ago, STeveOELlis said:

Err- under UEFA regs, if you're talking about the recent case, then yes that could well be classed as sectarian chanting.

It's UEFA who do nothing about racism/sectarianism except fine a few grand...except when they do? Which is more often, a lot more often than some like to claim!

The SFA, I'd be interested to know where their mistreatment has kicked in.

Rangers were warned about the chant in 2006, officially- if you research it.

Click

Bit more

Further reading

Given they were warned in 2006, I have little sympathy about their charge.

18 minutes ago, STeveOELlis said:

The problem is, we could get fined and the S82 sanctioned of reported, we have nothing to do with rangers and the sectarian song has no place in Ashton gate! 

22 minutes ago, STeveOELlis said:

What utter rubbish

Archived