IGNORED

Afobe v Stoke (Merged)

Jerseybean

With Weimann our most productive player so far this season (2 goals, 2 assists?), he simply has to play. But I still think he'll be somewhere wider right side with Famara up top. I just think Johnson will want that extra aerial strength.

57 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Almost always it's a no- can't remember any in the League playing against parent club.

Given how this was seemingly rushed out this loan, I cannot see it myself.

I can remember David Seal playing against us for Northampton (IIRC) whilst on loan.... He scored at least one! 

55 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

A clause has to be activated to allow the player to play. I see absolutely no benefit for the Parent club in this so I'd think he's unavailable.

I find it funny how a club can deem a player not good enough for them so loan him out but then not want them to play against them!

Can you imagine if we had loaned out Nicky Hunt and refused him the chance to play against us?!

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Almost always it's a no- can't remember any in the League playing against parent club.

Given how this was seemingly rushed out this loan, I cannot see it myself.

Ha ha, we once let David Seal who was on loan at Northampton from us play against and he scored and we lost 2-1

27 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I find it funny how a club can deem a player not good enough for them so loan him out but then not want them to play against them!

Can you imagine if we had loaned out Nicky Hunt and refused him the chance to play against us?!

To be fair, we made it very clear Jamie Patterson ain’t playing against us

24 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

Ha ha, we once let David Seal who was on loan at Northampton from us play against and he scored and we lost 2-1

3/1 wasn’t it. Colin Cramb scores for us. A long way to go to lose to your own player. I was ******* fuming.  So nothing definitive but most on here think he is not available!

50 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I think it was mentioned before, didn't we loan David Seal to Northampton and he scored against us as they beat us. There is always that chance, and is it worth risking when you don't have to?

21 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I think it was mentioned before, didn't we loan David Seal to Northampton and he scored against us as they beat us. There is always that chance, and is it worth risking when you don't have to?

True, but there is as much chance of the player that is forced to play as the replacement scoring the winner than there is the one on loan?

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Seal

Good finisher 

Scored against against us whilst on loan at the Cobblers

Remember that game well,

feeling devastated with hundreds of other city fans in the away end as Seal on loan from us at the time scored against us. 

Has this happened to anyone else?

To be honest I do think it’s rich of a club to say ‘pay wages (or a proportion we accept) but the days leading up to our two fixtures this bloke is redundant’. 

It could bite our arse like Seal, and others, but the league rules should not be in favour of the loaning out club

3 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

We don't need him to beat Stoke. Let him have a rest..... 

It's a weird one because I think the expectation will be that we beat Stoke. If that doesn't happen, we'll have lost momentum and we all start doubting ourselves again...

16 minutes ago, mozo said:

It's a weird one because I think the expectation will be that we beat Stoke. If that doesn't happen, we'll have lost momentum and we all start doubting ourselves again...

Stoke away is a hard game despite the form they are on. It would be crazy of them to let him play against us, why would they do that? Has anyone mentioned what happened when we stupidly allowed David Seal to play against us?

Archived