IGNORED

Lee Johnson leaves in my dream.

Major Isewater

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

That’s a shame! Sorry Robin, I couldn’t resist and thought so would get in before your usual detractors do.

The benefits/harm of psychoanalysis is a topic close to my heart. In my career I saw far more people damaged by it than benefitted from it. 

In fact I’m struggling to remember any that said that they actually benefited from such an approach.

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Very strange that in my dream ( and that I remember it ) there was an announcement on the radio ‘Lee Johnson has left Bristol City ‘ .

:shocking:

I’m off to the psychoanalyst this morning and the clairvoyant this afternoon ( perhaps the bookies )

How odd .

Do any of you ever dream about the club ?

We all, every man woman and child, run our daily lives fearing two basic things: being abandoned, and being overwhelmed.

For the Bristol City fan, this means: 1. "What will we do/how on earth will we cope without Steve Lansdown/Lee Johnson/Adam Webster?" (fear of being abandoned), and 2. "How on earth will we/the Atyeo/Ashton Gate cope with the next Bristol derby, whenever that shall be?" (fear of being overwhelmed).

2 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

We all, every man woman and child, run our daily lives fearing two basic things: being abandoned, and being overwhelmed.

For the Bristol City fan, this means: 1. "What will we do/how on earth will we cope without Steve Lansdown/Lee Johnson/Adam Webster?" (fear of being abandoned), and 2. "How on earth will we/the Atyeo/Ashton Gate cope with the next Bristol derby, whenever that shall be?" (fear of being overwhelmed).

You should be a psychoanalyst MoP...................:rofl2br:

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Never.

I do think about the club a great deal tho but you won’t see me anywhere near a psychoanalyst chair.

Psychoanalysts everywhere are breathing a collective sigh of relief. :) 

My recurring dream, maybe once a year, is that I'm a long way from Ashton Gate with very little time to get there for kick off. Every way I go to travel, car, bus, train and running always leads to a dead end.

And it actually happened once. Taking wife to Weston before a game, car drive belt broke at about 1.15 for a 3.00 pm kick off. By the time breakdown arrived and hire car provided, it was 2.20. Breakdown driver agreed to drop wife in Weston and I got to the game as we kicked off.

Lost of course!

13 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

I have a dream quite often that I'm playing for City at left back ?? but we are actually playing in a gym with the goals painted on the walls, and its about 20 a side. I always score a screamer from way out and it genuinely feels amazing at the time.

Could your dream self fill in for DaSilva please...?

I dream about City results quite often.

4 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Very strange that in my dream ( and that I remember it ) there was an announcement on the radio ‘Lee Johnson has left Bristol City ‘ .

I’m off to the psychoanalyst this morning and the clairvoyant this afternoon ( perhaps the bookies )

How odd .

Well, you've seen the future for sure, because Lee Johnson will one day leave City, even if it's his retirement party after managing here for another 30 years!

Coincidentally, I also had a City dream last night, bit of a recurring one for me where I arrive late at the game, find I don't have a ticket and it is sold out, so I have no way of gaining entry.

Each and every time Ashton Gate always looks completely different and ramshackle  in places, with some of the stands even replaced by large barns.  Last night, I refused to miss the game and found a large open corner where I could just stroll in.   I was amazed that I had never seen the opening before.  I remember sneaking around, terrified of being caught by a nosey steward, until I left the ground at half time and started roaming the dark streets.  I got back to my car and found a homeless man asleep in my driver seat, with his young daughter sat in the back, in one of my kid's car seats.  He apologised reservedly for breaking into my car and scarpered in such a hurry he almost left his girl behind.  Much to my horror, I then remembered my Dad was still at the City game and I had to rush back to pick him up, whilst trying to avoid the traffic.  Bit of a ramble, but an interesting dream, I'd say.  No mention of Lee leaving his job, though!

I dream every night, sometimes lucidly. Very regularly I'm either watching city or playing for them. It's always at the old Ashton Gate though, and I've scored many a goal in front of the east end - for real.

Sometimes I'm even standing in the east end at the same time as watching myself score.

Most often I'll dream about an upcoming game the night before. Last weekend, the night before the Hull Game, I dreamt we won 4-2, and one of them was indeed an own goal. The friday just gone, before the Boro game, I dreamt we lost 2-1, but wrote it off as a glitch in the dream-time because in the dream we were playing not Boro for some reason but Doncaster. Sometimes the dreams are fairly close to reality, other times not so.

6 hours ago, Robbored said:

The benefits/harm of psychoanalysis is a topic close to my heart. In my career I saw far more people damaged by it than benefitted from it. 

In fact I’m struggling to remember any that said that they actually benefited from such an approach.

I'm not overly familiar or experienced enough in this area to defend my own views particularly strongly, but if I was asked my view would be very close to your own. 

7 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Coincidentally, I also had a City dream last night, bit of a recurring one for me where I arrive late at the game, find I don't have a ticket and it is sold out, so I have no way of gaining entry.

Each and every time Ashton Gate always looks completely different and ramshackle  in places, with some of the stands even replaced by large barns.  Last night, I refused to miss the game and found a large open corner where I could just stroll in.   I got back to my car and found a homeless man asleep in my driver seat, with his young daughter sat in the back, in one of my kid's car seats.

Are you sure you didn't sleepwalk to the Mem last night?

12 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

How odd .

Did he eat and shoot first Major?

Archived