Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Major Isewater

Lee Johnson leaves in my dream.

Recommended Posts

Very strange that in my dream ( and that I remember it ) there was an announcement on the radio ‘Lee Johnson has left Bristol City ‘ .

:shocking:

I’m off to the psychoanalyst this morning and the clairvoyant this afternoon ( perhaps the bookies )

How odd .

Do any of you ever dream about the club ?

Edited by Major Isewater

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never.

I do think about the club a great deal tho but you won’t see me anywhere near a psychoanalyst chair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Never.

I do think about the club a great deal tho but you won’t see me anywhere near a psychoanalyst chair.

That’s a shame! Sorry Robin, I couldn’t resist and thought so would get in before your usual detractors do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

That’s a shame! Sorry Robin, I couldn’t resist and thought so would get in before your usual detractors do.

The benefits/harm of psychoanalysis is a topic close to my heart. In my career I saw far more people damaged by it than benefitted from it. 

In fact I’m struggling to remember any that said that they actually benefited from such an approach.

  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Very strange that in my dream ( and that I remember it ) there was an announcement on the radio ‘Lee Johnson has left Bristol City ‘ .

:shocking:

I’m off to the psychoanalyst this morning and the clairvoyant this afternoon ( perhaps the bookies )

How odd .

Do any of you ever dream about the club ?

We all, every man woman and child, run our daily lives fearing two basic things: being abandoned, and being overwhelmed.

For the Bristol City fan, this means: 1. "What will we do/how on earth will we cope without Steve Lansdown/Lee Johnson/Adam Webster?" (fear of being abandoned), and 2. "How on earth will we/the Atyeo/Ashton Gate cope with the next Bristol derby, whenever that shall be?" (fear of being overwhelmed).

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

We all, every man woman and child, run our daily lives fearing two basic things: being abandoned, and being overwhelmed.

For the Bristol City fan, this means: 1. "What will we do/how on earth will we cope without Steve Lansdown/Lee Johnson/Adam Webster?" (fear of being abandoned), and 2. "How on earth will we/the Atyeo/Ashton Gate cope with the next Bristol derby, whenever that shall be?" (fear of being overwhelmed).

 

You should be a psychoanalyst MoP...................:rofl2br:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Never.

I do think about the club a great deal tho but you won’t see me anywhere near a psychoanalyst chair.

Psychoanalysts everywhere are breathing a collective sigh of relief. :) 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Robbored said:

you won’t see me anywhere near a psychoanalyst chair.

Explains a lot, and why people are still saying "get help"! :laughcont:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My recurring dream, maybe once a year, is that I'm a long way from Ashton Gate with very little time to get there for kick off. Every way I go to travel, car, bus, train and running always leads to a dead end.

And it actually happened once. Taking wife to Weston before a game, car drive belt broke at about 1.15 for a 3.00 pm kick off. By the time breakdown arrived and hire car provided, it was 2.20. Breakdown driver agreed to drop wife in Weston and I got to the game as we kicked off.

Lost of course!

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

I have a dream quite often that I'm playing for City at left back ?? but we are actually playing in a gym with the goals painted on the walls, and its about 20 a side. I always score a screamer from way out and it genuinely feels amazing at the time.

Could your dream self fill in for DaSilva please...?

I dream about City results quite often.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a dream last night.....

ola.jpg.681d4d663122a985e14df8e3e3b61f88.jpg

Don't worry though, she's useless in a back three and isn't quick enough to play wing back!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Very strange that in my dream ( and that I remember it ) there was an announcement on the radio ‘Lee Johnson has left Bristol City ‘ .

:shocking:

I’m off to the psychoanalyst this morning and the clairvoyant this afternoon ( perhaps the bookies )

How odd .

Do any of you ever dream about the club ?

Well, you've seen the future for sure, because Lee Johnson will one day leave City, even if it's his retirement party after managing here for another 30 years!

Coincidentally, I also had a City dream last night, bit of a recurring one for me where I arrive late at the game, find I don't have a ticket and it is sold out, so I have no way of gaining entry.

Each and every time Ashton Gate always looks completely different and ramshackle  in places, with some of the stands even replaced by large barns.  Last night, I refused to miss the game and found a large open corner where I could just stroll in.   I was amazed that I had never seen the opening before.  I remember sneaking around, terrified of being caught by a nosey steward, until I left the ground at half time and started roaming the dark streets.  I got back to my car and found a homeless man asleep in my driver seat, with his young daughter sat in the back, in one of my kid's car seats.  He apologised reservedly for breaking into my car and scarpered in such a hurry he almost left his girl behind.  Much to my horror, I then remembered my Dad was still at the City game and I had to rush back to pick him up, whilst trying to avoid the traffic.  Bit of a ramble, but an interesting dream, I'd say.  No mention of Lee leaving his job, though!

  • Hmmm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rarely dream about the club but a few nights ago I dreamed we were 1--0 up against (I think) Sheffield Wednesday and went onto lose 12 - 1.

Really hope that isn't a premonition...

Edited by LondonBristolian
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Between the Man U and Man City games, I had a dream that Matty Taylor scored the most important goal in Bristol City’s history.

It was a night game and we were in a black kit.

Edited by SydneyCity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dream every night, sometimes lucidly. Very regularly I'm either watching city or playing for them. It's always at the old Ashton Gate though, and I've scored many a goal in front of the east end - for real.

Sometimes I'm even standing in the east end at the same time as watching myself score.

Most often I'll dream about an upcoming game the night before. Last weekend, the night before the Hull Game, I dreamt we won 4-2, and one of them was indeed an own goal. The friday just gone, before the Boro game, I dreamt we lost 2-1, but wrote it off as a glitch in the dream-time because in the dream we were playing not Boro for some reason but Doncaster. Sometimes the dreams are fairly close to reality, other times not so.

 

Edited by OneCity
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Robbored said:

The benefits/harm of psychoanalysis is a topic close to my heart. In my career I saw far more people damaged by it than benefitted from it. 

In fact I’m struggling to remember any that said that they actually benefited from such an approach.

I'm not overly familiar or experienced enough in this area to defend my own views particularly strongly, but if I was asked my view would be very close to your own. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over the years I've had many City related nightmares but I've always been wide awake at the time, head in hands muttering 'ohh, for fox sake'  or similar.

Cant remember too many nocturnal dreams though tbh.. 

Edited by WhistleHappy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

I'm not overly familiar or experienced enough in this area to defend my own views particularly strongly, but if I was asked my view would be very close to your own. 

…. Yes, yes Napoleon, you're quite right, now take two of these and settle down for your afternoon nap.  ;) 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Coincidentally, I also had a City dream last night, bit of a recurring one for me where I arrive late at the game, find I don't have a ticket and it is sold out, so I have no way of gaining entry.

Each and every time Ashton Gate always looks completely different and ramshackle  in places, with some of the stands even replaced by large barns.  Last night, I refused to miss the game and found a large open corner where I could just stroll in.   I got back to my car and found a homeless man asleep in my driver seat, with his young daughter sat in the back, in one of my kid's car seats.

Are you sure you didn't sleepwalk to the Mem last night?

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Very strange that in my dream ( and that I remember it ) there was an announcement on the radio ‘Lee Johnson has left Bristol City ‘ .

:shocking:

I’m off to the psychoanalyst this morning and the clairvoyant this afternoon ( perhaps the bookies )

How odd .

Do any of you ever dream about the club ?

Did he eat and shoot first Major?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dreamt I had Benik Afobe's jizz in my hair.

  • Confused 1
  • Hedgehog 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I beg your Panda ? 

It's not that black and white , but I'm bamboo-zled by your response.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

I drempt I was @Rudolf Hucker once..... I woke up in a sea of my own fluids.

Cyril, I’m deeply honoured and at the same time, a tad creeped out but not really surprised that I appear to have turned you on. Don’t blame yourself though mate; you’re not the first and you surely won’t be the last.  :cool:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Cyril, I’m deeply honoured and at the same time, a tad creeped out but not really surprised that I appear to have turned you on. Don’t blame yourself though mate; you’re not the first and you surely won’t be the last.  :cool:

.....but is he your everything?  :) 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I did have a dream that Alan Dicks had died a few months back.  That was a bit of a weird one.  can anyone psychoanalyse that for me?

AD , quite possibly, represents a father figure for you and is also associated with certain ‘ highs ‘ that came with the success of that period .

You fear the passage of time and feel vulnerable now that this ‘ protection ‘ is no longer there.

You are , perhaps, in the process of taking on the ‘ father ‘ role in your life .

There .

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...