IGNORED

O'Dowda

Clutton Caveman

I don't know if it is me but why does this guy keep getting game time when he wants away.

If he was a Webster or something I could understand but a part from a 5 game burst a while ago he has been very average. Clearly suffers from having a pushy Dad as his agent but I would think this does not go down well with the rest of the squad

3 minutes ago, Clutton Caveman said:

I don't know if it is me but why does this guy keep getting game time when he wants away.

If he was a Webster or something I could understand but a part from a 5 game burst a while ago he has been very average. Clearly suffers from having a pushy Dad as his agent but I would think this does not go down well with the rest of the squad

Yep , No impact,

why did he come on Saturday ?

Not like he stood up the defender before picking out Rowe with a beautiful measured cross on Saturday 

LJ does seem to want him to stay, seems to being treated differently to players in the past in similar  circumstances that's for sure. Personally I wouldn't have him in the squad until he signs but no big loss if he goes in January. Never seemed the same player after he got his injury against Hull away.

3 minutes ago, Clutton Caveman said:

Apparently CoD is unhappy that he’s not getting enough game time and that’s why he’s not signing a new deal. No doubt he wants to prolong his Ireland career and to do that he needs game time.

Add to that a pushy father and you have an uneasy situation. Imv it would better for all involved for him to move on.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Apparently CoD is unhappy that he’s not getting enough game time and that’s why he’s not signing a new deal. No doubt he wants to prolong his Ireland career and to do that he needs game time.

Add to that a pushy father and you have an uneasy situation. Imv it would better for all involved for him to move on.

“Apparently”..? What’s that supposed to mean..? 

I’ve certainly not seen that quoted on the OS. 

Actually, I think he wants to stay as he likes it here. The problem is his advisors and I think the time will come when HE has to put his foot down.

I think he's seeing how the season pans out for the club. I think both party's have a lot to offer each other. I dare say the contract talk will rear its head again when the next window opens.

I think he's a terrific player and I really hope he commits to the contract offer and knuckles down to concentrating on improving his game still further. I think LJ's coaching will make him an even better player. 

It's a difficult situation but I think LJ is handling it really well, and deserves credit for it.

If he throws his toys out of the pram and refuses to play O'Dowda then he's wasting wages and a decent championship player, not to mention potentially making himself look like a bit of a ***** to anyone that likes O'Dowda.

He's said that he wants O'Dowda to stay, thinks it's the best place for him to further his career somewhere that "he's loved" and "nurtured" and loads of other Johnson-isms.

I get why O'Dowda might not be desperate to stay though.   In the 3 years we've had him we've never really given him a proper run in the team for whatever reason and if I were in the same position I'd be frustrated too.

27 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Imv it would be better for all involved if he signed the contract and cemented a place in the 1st team.

27 minutes ago, Clutton Caveman said:

Clearly suffers from having a pushy Dad as his agent but I would think this does not go down well with the rest of the squad

18 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Apparently CoD is unhappy that he’s not getting enough game time and that’s why he’s not signing a new deal.

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

“Apparently”..? What’s that supposed to mean..? 

6 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Genuine question.  Do we genuinely know that his Dad is having any influence, or is this all hearsay thats now been taken as fact? 

I've seen loads of people making up their own narratives regarding COD.

Because of the situation, people are analysing way too closely. He set up our equalising goal on Sat, but apparently he doesn't care and isn't putting in effort.

I get being in the dark and trying to read between the lines of what's happening, but people straight-up invent opinions that COD has, when we don't know at all what he thinks about any of it -- and then pass it around as fact.

Add in the stuff about his dad, teammates... So much imagination. Why don't people just write a piece of fanfiction, call it what it is, and be done with it?

I was watching him in the warm ups, before the game and particularly at half time. No sign he wasn’t part of the squad. At the end of the game he appeared to be discussing movement and positioning with Semenyo, again not the act of a disinterested player.

Whatever is going on, LJ clearly trusts him and the squad don’t seem bothered, you would imagine they know more about it than we do. I don’t know why he is holding out on the contract, but it clearly seems to be a different problem to previous players.

Finally, I thought he played well when he came on, he looked like he had fully embraced the wingback role, which had been my only reservation up until Saturday.

I struggle with COD. I don’t know his best position to be honest, and he is streaky. He clearly has ability - he can score a worldie of a goal in the Norwich game last year, and next game be utter dog s**t and fail to make a 5 yard pass. Doesn’t work hard enough as well.

He is nowhere near consistent enough to warrant a regular place in the first XI IMHO. If someone offered >6 million I’d take it 

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I struggle with COD. I don’t know his best position to be honest, and he is streaky. He clearly has ability - he can score a worldie of a goal in the Norwich game last year, and next game be utter dog s**t and fail to make a 5 yard pass. Doesn’t work hard enough as well.

He is nowhere near consistent enough to warrant a regular place in the first XI IMHO. If someone offered >6 million I’d take it 

I think he’s a player that performs better when he’s afforded space and can get himself running with the ball. 

In a tight midfield I don’t think he’s at his best. 

He can get you up the pitch with his running with the ball. 

Is he the finished article?  No way. 

Could he become a key player here?  Yes

Thought he was very comfortable at left back with no real support with the narrow midfield. Boro started targetting the other side once that change was made. Set up the goal too. He is our player, why not play him. It got us a point which we didn't look like getting. Well done Callum.

17 hours ago, Clutton Caveman said:

caveman, I think you need to check your facts. His agent is from Key Sports - who also work with Vardy, Walcott, Mings and also Marlon Pack. I guess they  know what they are doing. It’s fairly obvious that Callum is very popular about the club and LJ has gone on record saying what a great fella he is. 

Shock bloody horror - footballer is hesitant to tie himself to a club that rarely plays him!!

Totally understandable and respectable. No need to Express outrage or to slag him off or bring his father into it.

Would you prefer he be happy in the stands stealing a wage like Gareth Bale?

17 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I think he’s a player that performs better when he’s afforded space and can get himself running with the ball. 

In a tight midfield I don’t think he’s at his best. 

He can get you up the pitch with his running with the ball. 

Is he the finished article?  No way. 

Could he become a key player here?  Yes

I still believe this lad is real quality , a very athletic & capable ball carrier with the quality to provide end product and IMHO ideal for the modern game

The irony Dave is I see him being at his most effective in a pacy counter attacking side that moves the ball quickly ......

........Exactly the sort of side we are morphing into !

32 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

Shock bloody horror - footballer is hesitant to tie himself to a club that rarely plays him!!

Totally understandable and respectable. No need to Express outrage or to slag him off or bring his father into it.

Would you prefer he be happy in the stands stealing a wage like Gareth Bale?

To be fair he’s only stopped being played since he asked for a certain wage, we agreed and then he didn’t sign.

14 hours ago, spudski said:

Well we are definitely going to have to be on our guard down the left side against Stoke, as 42% of their play comes down that side and then into the middle.

I’m sure the clubs analysts have fully briefed LJ on that and every other stat Spudski.

We have to remind ourselves that LJ is an impressive manager/Head Coach. He certainly knows his stuff.

Archived