IGNORED

O'Dowda

Clutton Caveman

1 hour ago, Brooko said:

caveman, I think you need to check your facts. His agent is from Key Sports - who also work with Vardy, Walcott, Mings and also Marlon Pack. I guess they  know what they are doing. It’s fairly obvious that Callum is very popular about the club and LJ has gone on record saying what a great fella he is. 

out of interest, are you related to O'Dowda or a close friend of his? Most of your post's on here have been responding to threads/posts about him. 

Very similar fashion to the likes of Benni with Magnússon & then GaryCPOs with Jonny Smith. 

30 minutes ago, Selred said:

To be fair he’s only stopped being played since he asked for a certain wage, we agreed and then he didn’t sign.

24 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

That’s not true Selred

He's never been a sustained favoured pick , like some , many

He hit one really good spell of form where he looked as though he was going to be an important member of the team. Then he got injured before he had had a long run.
He's not managed a run since then, not really deserved it TBH. He is a good player, and disciplined too, but just hasn't forced his way into the team.

22 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I’m sure the clubs analysts have fully briefed LJ on that and every other stat Spudski.

We have to remind ourselves that LJ is an impressive manager/Head Coach. He certainly knows his stuff.

Oh for sure Robbo...was just putting it out there, for those who might be interested.

Like others, I look at how the opposition play, their strengths and weaknesses, how they set up etc.

I then look at who we have available and think who I'd play, and how, against them.

I know it's fruitless as we don't know what goes on in training and behind the scenes...however based on what we see match day, it can be fun to do.

Tbh... Judging people on matchday imo is very worthwhile. What players show in training often doesn't transpire on matchday.

Take last game as an example. LJ implied post game that we didn't play how he had coached that week. Way too open. Obviously expecting certain players to have been more organised as he put it.

Yet as a fan...and seeing who he put out in the starting line up, the game we witnessed was exactly as I'd expected it to be, based on players performances in previous games. Way too open and end to end.

It's a catch 22 sometimes as a coach. You hope you can trust certain players to do the job you see them do in training on matchday. Often that doesn't happen.

It'll be interesting to see who we play against Stoke.

7 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

He hit one really good spell of form where he looked as though he was going to be an important member of the team. Then he got injured before he had had a long run.
He's not managed a run since then, not really deserved it TBH. He is a good player, and disciplined too, but just hasn't forced his way into the team.

I’d agree 

Unsure what the issue is , but it appears that COD thinks he should have had more games than LJ does 

I would agree that since injury forced him out he’s not knocked the door down claiming a place, 

Im still not sure that he’s ever felt a regular pick , but possibly sees it himself , as what he can do as opposed to what he’s done

Its a shame as , if we could get him focused there’s a fine player there , 

10 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I’d agree 

Unsure what the issue is , but it appears that COD thinks he should have had more games than LJ does 

I would agree that since injury forced him out he’s not knocked the door down claiming a place, 

Im still not sure that he’s ever felt a regular pick , but possibly sees it himself , as what he can do as opposed to what he’s done

Its a shame as , if we could get him focused there’s a fine player there , 

I can understand his confusion, first choice, or regular pick for your national side and can't command a place for your club. Can also see LJ's quandary , the need for results and a player that won't commit his future to the club, why play him ahead of players that will? 
I really think if he signed. new contract he would get more game time, he would then be able to get some consistent form and be a real asset . Sadly I see him running his contract down and going in the summer.

LJ, fully qualified Championship level head coach, doesn’t think COD earns a place in the team week in, week out. 

COD refuses to sign a new contract and seeks a move. 

No other fully qualified Championship Head coach/manager sees fit to make a bit for him. 

I think that says a lot, personally. 

COD DOES have talent and ability, but I don’t think he’s as good as he seems to think he is himself. 

I’d like him to sort it out and sign, but if it doesn’t resolve itself, then I’m not going to lose any sleep over it. 

I said even in the midst of his contract dispute that I want him to stay.  He is a quality player at this level.

With the position City are in at the moment, I'd be gobsmacked if he doesn't want to stay with the club.

If he is being paid by City, then he should still be ready and able to play and do a job, which he did on Saturday.

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

I can understand his confusion, first choice, or regular pick for your national side and can't command a place for your club. Can also see LJ's quandary , the need for results and a player that won't commit his future to the club, why play him ahead of players that will? 
I really think if he signed. new contract he would get more game time, he would then be able to get some consistent form and be a real asset . Sadly I see him running his contract down and going in the summer.

I think this is half the problem. His international call ups. 

He needs to realise that I’d probably get game time for ROI, if I made up some long lost family connection. 

It’s hardly (not his fault) difficult to get Ireland caps. They have very few genuine international quality players. 

20 hours ago, Robbored said:

Apparently CoD is unhappy that he’s not getting enough game time and that’s why he’s not signing a new deal. No doubt he wants to prolong his Ireland career and to do that he needs game time.

Add to that a pushy father and you have an uneasy situation. Imv it would better for all involved for him to move on.

This isnt on the city website and is pure speculation. HOW DARE YOU

13 minutes ago, UK0wnag3 said:

COD won’t sign a new deal because he isn’t getting any game time.

LJ won’t give him any game time because he won’t sign a new deal. ?

This is probably close to the truth, and now COD can probably see a free move in the summer for decent wages . Not sure ,as it's gone on so long, he's going to commit any time soon.

The club can almost see the millions of £££'s circling the plug hole.

2 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

out of interest, are you related to O'Dowda or a close friend of his? Most of your post's on here have been responding to threads/posts about him. 

Very similar fashion to the likes of Benni with Magnússon & then GaryCPOs with Jonny Smith. 

Not remotely - just like to bring balance 

4 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Really ?

Well Thats news :facepalm:

If you bother to read for once , the point is he was never a sustained pick at any point in his time here

I’d argue he has been but his injuries have played a massive part in his lack of minutes. Now he has this contract situation which I am positive is affecting his minutes.

1st season - making a division jump made 34 appearances in the league with over 1800 minutes which is the equivalent to over twenty 90 min matches

2nd season - 24 appearances 14 starts but missed 21 games with ankle surgery. So won the starting job, injured and worked back into a starter

3rd season - 31 appearances and missed 10 due to injury. 19 starts and a regular starter before the injury

So yea think his minutes is down to his injuries not particularly LJ. He is a much more regular starter than Eliasson and I reckon Elisson would get the popular vote on here. I think LJ rates Callum very highly but frustrated with this contract situation(much of it on CODs part) and frustrated he can’t count on him for seemingly more than 10 starts at a time. 

On 02/09/2019 at 13:54, NNSnse said:

I've seen loads of people making up their own narratives regarding COD.

Because of the situation, people are analysing way too closely. He set up our equalising goal on Sat, but apparently he doesn't care and isn't putting in effort.

I get being in the dark and trying to read between the lines of what's happening, but people straight-up invent opinions that COD has, when we don't know at all what he thinks about any of it -- and then pass it around as fact.

Add in the stuff about his dad, teammates... So much imagination. Why don't people just write a piece of fanfiction, call it what it is, and be done with it?

Amusingly, some of the worst flights of fancy written on this forum about him, occur on this thread, after this post...!

• Admin
6 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

Shock bloody horror - footballer is hesitant to tie himself to a club that rarely plays him!!

Totally understandable and respectable. No need to Express outrage or to slag him off or bring his father into it.

Would you prefer he be happy in the stands stealing a wage like Gareth Bale?

Looking on as an outsider, I wonder if the connection with O'Neil being at Forest last season turned his head in any way last season?

He's perfectly within his rights to not sign a contract, and I certainly have no problem with him being picked on merit for us as he is still honoring his contract.

Whether he stays or not who is to know, I'm not sure what relevance his dad has in all of this. I am assuming he is not his agent, just a parent looking out for his son?

PS Bale played, scored twice and then got sent off at the weekend for Madrid

If I were him I would have thought signing last season was a no go, how many times was he not selected when a consistent non performer was (I am not the first to suggest this)? 

He obviously has international ambitions, to date hampered by fitness and not playing in the first team, hopefully that will change and we will see the best of him.

Archived