IGNORED

Nagy v Messenga

WECANDO

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Realistically, we have three central midfielders competing for two or three places depending on the game. I'd quite like to see Nagy and Massengo play together on occasions to give Brownhill a rest.

Good shout, Brownhill seems a bit lost not having to cover for Marlon, both of them could be a real number 8, something  we have missed for a long time, more chance of attacking rather than cross field or back passing

14 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Realistically, we have three central midfielders competing for two or three places depending on the game. I'd quite like to see Nagy and Massengo play together on occasions to give Brownhill a rest.

This. We`ve not had the luxury over the last few seasons of not having to flog our two CMs half to death week in week out so let`s make the most of it.

Massengo has already played more Championship minutes this season than for his whole Monaco first team career.

I don’t want the lad to burn out so would be tempted to start with him and then get Nagy some minutes around the 70 minute mark if both are fit .

After the international break it’s a fantastic problem for LJ to have .

I’d still be tempted to introduce Massengo more slowly into regular first team starts .If he can get 25/30 this season then maybe next year he can get up to 40 + .

Can they both play in the first team ?

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

At Senior Reds LJ pronounced Nagy as ‘N a d g e’  and when I used that on here I got slated.............:facepalm:

Nagy himself pronounced it a cross between Naahj and Nohj, just depends quite how you say you ah’s and your oh’s.  It’s a bit softer than Nagy (as in Madge or Badge). 

For all Massengo's promise, I feel Nagy is the best midfielder we have. He shouldn't automatically get his place back but I think the midfield in our best XI is Nagy and Palmer plus Massengo or Brownhill. I like Brownhill but I don't think he is undroppable and I think, once everyone is fit, he faces a real fight for his place.

Durung the 2017/8 season, we frequently played Pack and Smith in the centre of midfield, and Brownhill on the right of midfield.

So we could play Nagy and Massengo in the centre of midfield, Brownhill on the right of midfield, and Eliasson on the left. Not a bad midfield four, if you want to play 4-4-2.

30 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

For all Massengo's promise, I feel Nagy is the best midfielder we have. He shouldn't automatically get his place back but I think the midfield in our best XI is Nagy and Palmer plus Massengo or Brownhill. I like Brownhill but I don't think he is undroppable and I think, once everyone is fit, he faces a real fight for his place.

On what I’ve seen of Nagy (granted, that’s very little so far) he looks like he has everything needed to become the best midfield player we’ve ever had. 

Vision, movement, touch, direction, leadership, shooting, passing. 

Literally the only thing he naturally lacks is height. Having him back will be a massive boost. 

21 minutes ago, Boston Red said:

Durung the 2017/8 season, we frequently played Pack and Smith in the centre of midfield, and Brownhill on the right of midfield.

So we could play Nagy and Massengo in the centre of midfield, Brownhill on the right of midfield, and Eliasson on the left. Not a bad midfield four, if you want to play 4-4-2.

Agreed. That would actually be a pretty good likeness to it- dunno about 4-4-2 though, a 4-4-1-1 at Stoke with that and say Palmer-Weimann in a 4-4-1-1...I'd consider that.

Still it would be quite asymmetrical, and it would offer a nice balance too.

12 minutes ago, spudski said:

_______________Bentley_____________________Kalas____Baker____Moore_____Pedro___________Nagy________DaSilva

______Brownhill_______Messengo_____

______________Palmer_______________

_______________Afobe_______________

If you are going to play both, I'd like to see how this could work when all fit.

Pedro and DaSilva both have good defensive and offensive attributes.

Messengo although the tin says defensive attributes, has got good box to box skills and a fine engine. Good cover for Palmer as well, who we know can be glorious offensively, but still needs improving elsewhere. Centrally would have the freedom of a number 10 and has an eye for that killer pass to Afobe.

Brownhill wants more goals, is solid when shooting, good engine and link up.

On paper...and in my head, that team has skills ?

Looks a touch unbalanced to me. Not convinced Bentley is best positioned so close to the corner flag. ?

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

On what I’ve seen of Nagy (granted, that’s very little so far) he looks like he has everything needed to become the best midfield player we’ve ever had. 

Vision, movement, touch, direction, leadership, shooting, passing. 

Literally the only thing he naturally lacks is height. Having him back will be a massive boost. 

They're working on that - a new bit pf gym equipment has been installed.

rack.jpg.6e2cfe53f82eed795143562f7be3ccf7.jpg

Archived