IGNORED

Nagy v Messenga

WECANDO

If, big if, everyone was fit: [4312 as an option]

Bentley (Mäenpää)

Hunt or Pereira | Kalas (Williams) | Baker (Moore) | Dasilva

Brownhill | Nagy (Smith) | Massengo (Rowe)

Palmer (Szmodics)

Weimann (Semenyo) | Afobe (Diedhiou)

it leaves both Eliasson and O’Dowda in a difficult position.  Wright, Adelakun, Bakinson and Watkins out in the cold.

3 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

For all Massengo's promise, I feel Nagy is the best midfielder we have. He shouldn't automatically get his place back but I think the midfield in our best XI is Nagy and Palmer plus Massengo or Brownhill. I like Brownhill but I don't think he is undroppable and I think, once everyone is fit, he faces a real fight for his place.

Massengo can play a more offensive midfield role I believe

He does not stop running and is very good at hunting down the ball and is technically very good on the ball. I would like us to try 433 and play a similar style to Arsenal but would want Williams & Baker as CBs 

Having a midfield 3 of Nagy, Massengo & Brownhill 

A front 3 of Afobe, Weimann & Palmer/Eliasson 

Nagy seems to be physically stronger, goes in harder and is less likely to be bullied.

Massengo is only 18 and can gain experience from the bench, through injuries, perhaps as a result of rotation and resting, etc.

A few games in the under 23s should help him to keep sharp too.

That said, Massengo looks like he is going to be one hell of a player in 2 or 3 years time.

5 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Stan. Anyone got a response from LJ yet regarding how to say "Nagy"? 

Great podcast, BTW ?

Its pronounced Nardg.. The fella said so himself and anybody who knows their East European history will remember Hungary's 1956 uprising resulted in the then Premier Imre Nagy being executed by the Soviets in 1958... A documentary about him always pronounced his name as above.. Nardg.

I don’t wanna overreact but from what I’ve seen I think Nagy is the best midfielder on the planet......

If fit Nagy surely plays. Massengo has so much ability but is young so in a fully fit squad I think he is probably best for last 30 mins or maybe further forward in the Palmer role. Quite happy to be in a place where we have to pick 3 of those 4 (Nagy, brownhill, Massengo and Palmer) to play each week. And that’s with Korey injured! 

19 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Nagy seems to be physically stronger, goes in harder and is less likely to be bullied.

Massengo is only 18 and can gain experience from the bench, through injuries, perhaps as a result of rotation and resting, etc.

A few games in the under 23s should help him to keep sharp too.

That said, Massengo looks like he is going to be one hell of a player in 2 or 3 years time.

Think Massengo will surprise a few by becoming one hell of a player a lot quicker than that.

1 hour ago, Xspence said:

I don’t wanna overreact but from what I’ve seen I think Nagy is the best midfielder on the planet......

If fit Nagy surely plays. Massengo has so much ability but is young so in a fully fit squad I think he is probably best for last 30 mins or maybe further forward in the Palmer role. Quite happy to be in a place where we have to pick 3 of those 4 (Nagy, brownhill, Massengo and Palmer) to play each week. And that’s with Korey injured! 

With these two, it makes me wonder if smith will ever play for us again to be honest!

8 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

With these two, it makes me wonder if smith will ever play for us again to be honest!

He is going to have to work extremely hard to earn a new contract from whenever his injury lay off is over. With Morrell and now Walsh playing regular football in League 1 they will be knocking on the door as well, tough times ahead for Korey but really hope he comes through it. Only silver lining is Massengo will likely go for BIG money if he has a good season so that could free up a place in the squad if we are still a Championship side this time next year.

Archived