IGNORED

Walsh

JBFC II

1 minute ago, Roe said:

Bit of a shame as I like Walsh but he hasn't even been getting a spot on the bench despite being the only other fit midfielder.  Hope he does well.

With Nagy coming back to fitness we’ll have him, Brownhill and Massengo. Walsh is seemingly behind them so makes sense.

Think he’s a good player.

I sat through the under 23s game yesterday  vs Leeds, the guy has so much quality on the ball but he has to play and make his mistakes at a lower level to us. There are times when he lets up defensively and his decision making is poor, and the way to fix that is to go play football somewhere else. Fully on board with this decision. It's up to him if he makes it with us, has the ability, show the consistency and desire.

30 minutes ago, Prinny said:

I sat through the under 23s game yesterday  vs Leeds, the guy has so much quality on the ball but he has to play and make his mistakes at a lower level to us. There are times when he lets up defensively and his decision making is poor, and the way to fix that is to go play football somewhere else. Fully on board with this decision. It's up to him if he makes it with us, has the ability, show the consistency and desire.

I agree in your observations, my only reservations are that he's not fast enough, both mentally and physically...more so the latter. He certainly has technique and an eye for a pass. But fast energy and engine...seems a lot less to how we are trying to play imo 

Hope he proves me wrong.

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

I agree in your observations, my only reservations are that he's not fast enough, both mentally and physically...more so the latter. He certainly has technique and an eye for a pass. But fast energy and engine...seems a lot less to how we are trying to play imo 

Hope he proves me wrong.

I think he can play in a three at this level in a manner to how LJ played and I bet that's what LJ sees/wants to see too. You need the runners around him and he needs to be better and more consistent at what he's good at. The technique level, the desire to play the ball forwards rather than sideways and back and his set piece delivery are why I think he has the tools to have a chance here. People often bring up Barry Bannan as an example of not needing pace to be a good player at this level, but Walsh doesn't have his consistency or smarts yet. He's currently our asset so I hope he improves on loan and either comes back and is useful for us or increases his sale value!

I actually think he won't make the grade with us as the club progresses faster than he does. But I do think if he maximises his potential he can be a very good championship midfielder. IF.

22 minutes ago, Prinny said:

I think he can play in a three at this level in a manner to how LJ played and I bet that's what LJ sees/wants to see too. You need the runners around him and he needs to be better and more consistent at what he's good at. The technique level, the desire to play the ball forwards rather than sideways and back and his set piece delivery are why I think he has the tools to have a chance here. People often bring up Barry Bannan as an example of not needing pace to be a good player at this level, but Walsh doesn't have his consistency or smarts yet. He's currently our asset so I hope he improves on loan and either comes back and is useful for us or increases his sale value!

I actually think he won't make the grade with us as the club progresses faster than he does. But I do think if he maximises his potential he can be a very good championship midfielder. IF.

Your last paragraph sums up how I feel too.

34 minutes ago, Prinny said:

I think many see him as a Barry Bannan type in future.  I think most of that is based on similar stature, not ability.  He has good technique in space but I don’t think he is quick enough both physically and mentally when pressured.  Barry Bannan at a young age had tonnes more ability imho and had played 30-40 games in the Prem at a similar age.  He (BB) wasn’t heading into a Lg1 loan at 21.  I accept players can improve, I just think the comparison is not based on football ability.  Harsh?  Probably!!

I don’t think he’s good enough to build a midfield that does his leg work for him.

Top Championship?  I don’t see it.

Worrying for his future that he’s going in a season long loan and NOT extended his contract beyond this summer.  Leaves City little protection.

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Worrying for his future that he’s going in a season long loan and NOT extended his contract beyond this summer.  Leaves City little protection.

I guessing we have a years option.

When we signed Bailey Wright and Matty Taylor they were also 2 1/2 year deals with no reported option. But there was the option in there. Pretty terrible decision to pay the fee and only have him for 2 1/2 years if not and doesn't line up with what we were doing before. Just a guess though.

Tweeted Gregor MacGregor to ask, and to ask LJ if he doesn't know!

8 minutes ago, Prinny said:

I guessing we have a years option.

When we signed Bailey Wright and Matty Taylor they were also 2 1/2 year deals with no reported option. But there was the option in there. Pretty terrible decision to pay the fee and only have him for 2 1/2 years if not and doesn't line up with what we were doing before. Just a guess though.

Both were reported with 1 year option.....it’s in my spreadsheet too (and on OS) ???

3B3DFA5A-59AD-43B3-A8E9-D00E479EFE8F.jpeg

B3F15AF6-E5FB-4710-AF57-1D914CE0A07C.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Prinny said:

My bad, I checked the BBC. 

Ha ha.  I’m know I’m a right old Excel saddo, but I keep the dates of the official site announcements, just in case ???, otherwise searching is a nightmare.

of course he may have a year option.  They never used to give us all the info.

Let’s not forget that Moore was seemingly ‘never going to make it’ etc etc and now is a first team starter out of nowhere. Our model isn’t always signing players to instantly be starting every game. 

Good move, if he does well he’ll either play here or we’ll get our money back. Rather he be playing and developing somewhere than getting splinters. 

Sad to see him leave but he needs game time. I really like him and he has a lot in his locker. Absolutely great with the ball. If there was one criticism of him it's tracking runners.

That half last season v Stoke will live long in the memory, he absolutely dominated them.

Boy needs to play, so this works out.

He’s 21 and isn’t breaking into the side; better he goes and gets games, and we get to assess him at a later time.

Might be frustrating at times, but if we are going to find and improve potential gems, sometimes they have to take a step back to move forwards, and hopefully this is one of those time.

Moore clearly improved his game on loan, and while still the finished article, that’s the process; fine and improve potential, and augment that with proven players.

Rome wasn’t built in a day and all that.

3 hours ago, Prinny said:

You're spot on. I watched him last week v Barnsley U23s. A long way from starting in a decent Championship side, but the potential is there. If he can get 25+ starts at Coventry it's going to push him on much better than sitting in the U23s. A win all round I'd say.

Archived