IGNORED

Ryan Kent

Mark barton

It is about time the media stop referencing this lad as Bristol City flop it is slightly embarrassing now and gone on to long. Yes he did not work out but then the team at the time were under performing and people thought Kent was going to solve it. So he goes on to have a long career and achieves a certain amount of success will he still be BC flop in 8 years time.

1 minute ago, Meh said:

He is a good player and continued reference is boring and helps nobody.

The Bristol Post love to tag him as a flop for us which sums them up 

He wasn’t a good player for us - he was utter garbage.  The fact that he was a flop for us relatively recently doesn’t seem irrelevant when discussing him.

12 minutes ago, ZiderMeUp said:

The fact he’s signing for rangers in that Scottish league says it all.

He was a flop for us but the fact he’s ended up going back there suggests he was a flop more to do with him than it was to do with us.

Didnt he turn down a move to the championship? Obviously Klopp doesnt see him as good enough for Liverpool but he can certainly have a good career.

13 minutes ago, ZiderMeUp said:

The fact he’s signing for rangers in that Scottish league says it all.

He was a flop for us but the fact he’s ended up going back there suggests he was a flop more to do with him than it was to do with us.

I think the club were partly to blame, all the "due diligence " seemed to go out the window. When he was here we were trying to move the ball quickly, short passing and spread play. He would continually slow the play and hold the ball.
Now we should have known what sort of player he was. We should never have signed him, or he should have changed the way he plays, the former would have been the way to go. 

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I think the club were partly to blame, all the "due diligence " seemed to go out the window. When he was here we were trying to move the ball quickly, short passing and spread play. He would continually slow the play and hold the ball.
Now we should have known what sort of player he was. We should never have signed him, or he should have changed the way he plays, the former would have been the way to go. 

Didn't we have Leko on loan from WBA the first half of that season?  And did we still have that young Swede (I really have forgotten his name) on the books. We weren't thinking straight in them days.

7 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Him and Leko.

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

He's at Perth these days, not much hair left but still pointing.

Neil%20Kilkenny%20pointing%20-%20cropped

I was at that crap FA Cup tie away to Crawley - was in with the home fans sat behind our bench - Del Boy was getting dog’s abuse from the locals, after a sustained period of extra vicious stuff after we went one down out stepped Neil K from the bench and gave the Crawley fans both barrels for about two minutes - it was hilarious, he didn’t hold back, gave them some very honest and open feedback about their football club - even Del was laffing .... I really respected Neil K after that. Stuck up for his manager and gave it to the Poms ....?

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I was at that crap FA Cup tie away to Crawley - was in with the home fans sat behind our bench - Del Boy was getting dog’s abuse from the locals, after a sustained period of extra vicious stuff after we went one down out stepped Neil K from the bench and gave the Crawley fans both barrels for about two minutes - it was hilarious, he didn’t hold back, gave them some very honest and open feedback about their football club - even Del was laffing .... I really respected Neil K after that. Stuck up for his manager and gave it to the Poms ....?

Backs up my theory that Kilkenny was far better at giving verbals and pointing than he was playing football... One of my least favourite City players of all time!

As for Kent, Scottish football is about his level. One really big fixture against Celtic that they will play 3 or 4 times per year, a few fixtures equivalent to a playing a lower Championship team, and the rest at League 1 standard at best. Throw in struggling against a few teams from Europe’s less well known leagues  and that just about sums up Rangers season. He should do pretty well in most fixtures, play in front of big crowds at home and Glasgow shares a lot of similarities with Liverpool so he will probably feel at home. Good luck to him. If he does very well up there, he might just make it back to the Premier League eventually, but for every Virgil Van Dijk, there are plenty more who drift into obscurity (Scott Sinclair for instance).

10 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Didn't we have Leko on loan from WBA the first half of that season?  And did we still have that young Swede (I really have forgotten his name) on the books. We weren't thinking straight in them days.

10 hours ago, spudski said:

Him and Leko.

That seemed to be a strange time when it came to players in, players we had and players we chased. We didn''t really play with natural wingers, and yet we had wingers and signed more  on loan . Though we didn't see much from Kent at all, Leko at least promised much. I think it was Reading away he came on and looked exciting. Backed it up the following game, can't remember what one that was, but faded after. 
Lets not forget, we already had Paterson, ODowda and Eliasson here full time before these 2 loans came in. Plus Marley Watkins comes in after. Seems very muddled thinking.

6 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

Backs up my theory that Kilkenny was far better at giving verbals and pointing than he was playing football... One of my least favourite City players of all time!

As for Kent, Scottish football is about his level. One really big fixture against Celtic that they will play 3 or 4 times per year, a few fixtures equivalent to a playing a lower Championship team, and the rest at League 1 standard at best. Throw in struggling against a few teams from Europe’s less well known leagues  and that just about sums up Rangers season. He should do pretty well in most fixtures, play in front of big crowds at home and Glasgow shares a lot of similarities with Liverpool so he will probably feel at home. Good luck to him. If he does very well up there, he might just make it back to the Premier League eventually, but for every Virgil Van Dijk, there are plenty more who drift into obscurity (Scott Sinclair for instance).

Nail on head!  Rangers and Celtic players only have to perform half a dozen times a season..........the rest of it is coasting against the equivelant of EFL league one sides. The Scottish Premiership Is where footballers go for a nice rest, slippers optional? ?

Archived