IGNORED

did any one collect Match Shoot magazines?

Never to the dark side

18 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Just trying to collate any of the above type football magazines that had Bristol City or  players pics and articles in them.

I have got a few,not sure how many there might be.

Any help most wellcome

Plenty turn up on eBay and Amazon John. 

Just Google ' Shoot Bristol City' and look at Google images.

5 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Theres a magazine called retro, which features a lot of city players.

Was a article on david tong recently, hes a cabbie in blackpool now.

How spooky - I was only thinking about David Tong the other day and wondered if anyone remembered him !

Clearly so :thumbsup:

He only played a handful of games for us too 

It was brilliant when as a12 year old we got promoted to the top flight, all of a sudden we had players featuring in Shoot on a regular basis. Anything City related in a national paper or magazine or on national TV was a real thrill 

The Q&A in Shoot seemed to always have the same answer to the question- Which famous person would you most like to meet?  Muhammad Ali

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

It was brilliant when as a12 year old we got promoted to the top flight, all of a sudden we had players featuring in Shoot on a regular basis. Anything City related in a national paper or magazine or on national TV was a real thrill 

The Q&A in Shoot seemed to always have the same answer to the question- Which famous person would you most like to meet?  Muhammad Ali

Don’t forget the Annual Free ‘League Ladders ‘ ! 

fiddly bloody things ! :grr:

17DDF203-6723-4CE0-8F52-F87F5288CC2C.jpeg

I had Match, then I went with 90 minutes which was a far better magazine. I reckon they must be in the attic at my mothers house in a Suitcase.  I'll have to go up there one day and see if I can find them.

I remember a big article in one of them Concerning Biff and is record number of consecutive appearances in the league, which was better than the nearest goal keeper.  Outstanding achievement seeing he played in Midfield, defense and sometime up top.

Hi John. Yes I collected both Shoot & Match and also spent a fortune trying to fill the Panini albums. Found some cut outs that have been stashed away in the garage which may interest some. Team photos below. More to follow.

City 78-79.jpg

City 79-80.jpg

City 88-89.jpg

City 91-92.jpg

Archived