IGNORED

Nagy fit enough for Internationals ?

DT The Optimist

Seems like he's off over the International break to represent his homeland, Hungry, or at least 'called' up.  Having been crocked for a few weeks, and being totally selfish,  I wish the club could say 'NO'  he has not been fit  and is not match fit?  I would rather he was here getting himself up to speed for Stoke away and the Swans at home...    

At least you hope the Hungarians would not 'push' an unfit player into the fray ?  And ones a friendly game the other a qualifier

When LJ talked about this (can't remember which interview) he said he'd should be available for their 2nd game and I remember getting the impression he was pleased as this woud help him get back up to match fitness for us. But I can't find the interview to check how accurate that memory is. 

2 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

When LJ talked about this (can't remember which interview) he said he'd should be available for their 2nd game and I remember getting the impression he was pleased as this woud help him get back up to match fitness for us. But I can't find the interview to check how accurate that memory is. 

Yes, that’s what he said.

1 hour ago, DT The Optimist said:

Seems like he's off over the International break to represent his homeland, Hungry, or at least 'called' up.  Having been crocked for a few weeks, and being totally selfish,  I wish the club could say 'NO'  he has not been fit  and is not match fit?  I would rather he was here getting himself up to speed for Stoke away and the Swans at home...    

At least you hope the Hungarians would not 'push' an unfit player into the fray ?  And ones a friendly game the other a qualifier

Probably not a good idea to stop a key new player from representing his country though. 

He won't travel to Montenegro for the friendly, it was announced yesterday. It's still 50/50 if he will be fit to start against Slovakia. I think however it goes the main thing he got called up is because that he's a vital character for the team. And not to mention that if he can't play a total rookie will play in his place earning his very first cap and I'm sure he's lurking around Ádám all day with a sharp pencil and a notebook...

8 hours ago, Hunsupport said:

He won't travel to Montenegro for the friendly, it was announced yesterday. It's still 50/50 if he will be fit to start against Slovakia. I think however it goes the main thing he got called up is because that he's a vital character for the team. And not to mention that if he can't play a total rookie will play in his place earning his very first cap and I'm sure he's lurking around Ádám all day with a sharp pencil and a notebook...

Start of the Hungarian branch of the Bristol City Overseas supporters club?  :) 

9 hours ago, Hunsupport said:

Welcome to the forum Hunsupport,  I presume you joined up, as your a fan of Nagy?  Have you followed his career, and do you have an opinion of our new midfielder and his influence on your national team?

16 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Welcome to the forum Hunsupport,  I presume you joined up, as your a fan of Nagy?  Have you followed his career, and do you have an opinion of our new midfielder and his influence on your national team?

If you look back (I have no idea how to do so), you will see that @Hunsupport's first post confirmed that this is, indeed, the case.

19 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Thanks! I think You'll find all necessary outsider info here. ?

15 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Strange that when some players are not fit to play for us, they suddenly get over their injuries to play in internationals though. I seem to remember Callum O'dowda suddenly recovering from injury to make an appearance for Ireland.

Yes, that's clearly whats happening here.?

21 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Think he is a key player in national team, but he strikes me as being totally professional....so guess we just gave to trust the right conversations have been had.  Nor do you want to piss off a new signing either.

Equally a new signing wouldn't want to piss off his new employers by taking any sort of risk.

Especially when he's already missed a number of games so early in his City career.

You'd have to assume the player will actually have no say in it - he will either be passed 100% fit to play by a doctor or he won't play.

Any doubt medically whatsoever and he surely doesn't play, however keen he is to do so, and I suspect that's the condition attached to BCFC allowing him join up with the squad.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Equally a new signing wouldn't want to piss off his new employers by taking any sort of risk.

Especially when he's already missed a number of games so early in his City career.

You'd have to assume the player will actually have no say in it - he will either be passed 100% fit to play by a doctor or he won't play.

Any doubt medically whatsoever and he surely doesn't play, however keen he is to do so, and I suspect that's the condition attached to BCFC allowing him join up with the squad.

Yeah, was more thinking about the scenario that AN is fit, but we’ve asked him to stay here.  As you say, professional decisions will be made here.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yeah, was more thinking about the scenario that AN is fit, but we’ve asked him to stay here.  As you say, professional decisions will be made here.

Think I’m right in saying if we claim he’s not fit Hungary could have him examined by their medical team if they believe he is 

Nagy is quite rightly clearly proud to represent his country , he’s also clearly intelligent , and I’d trust the player 

11 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Think I’m right in saying if we claim he’s not fit Hungary could have him examined by their medical team if they believe he is 

Nagy is quite rightly clearly proud to represent his country , he’s also clearly intelligent , and I’d trust the player 

That is correct.

5 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Strange that when some players are not fit to play for us, they suddenly get over their injuries to play in internationals though. I seem to remember Callum O'dowda suddenly recovering from injury to make an appearance for Ireland.

I usually feel it’s the other way around with most players. They suddenly appear to have picked up niggles as soon as the international break appears on the horizon.

On 03/09/2019 at 20:40, DT The Optimist said:

The club can’t say no, it’s not allowed under the rules.

As an example Eden Hazard, who has not played for RM in a competitive game, had to physically turn up to join Belgium this week to then be declared unfit and return to Spain.

The club and the player have no choice - madness, but then that is football.

Archived