IGNORED

Nagy fit enough for Internationals ?

DT The Optimist

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

You really do deserve something out of this game. Hungary have played some great football, you just lose your heads when you get a sight of goal.

Thanks. I'm too realistic tbh: if we get to the Euros twice in a row that would be awesome. But contesting it for the last minute is more important for me as we usually fell out of the race by the 3rd game... at least we did a few years ago. And this a is a tough group. 

33 minutes ago, Hunsupport said:

Thanks. I'm too realistic tbh: if we get to the Euros twice in a row that would be awesome. But contesting it for the last minute is more important for me as we usually fell out of the race by the 3rd game... at least we did a few years ago. And this a is a tough group. 

Thanks for all the information. Highly appreciated, by all City fans I’m certain. Definitely taking an interest in your qualifying games.

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

That's weird. I read this thread suggesting he played well, didn't suffer from his injury and got a good 65 minutes. Then I read that article which is the complete opposite...

In between is probable.

He was always going to be under 100% after a lay off and still getting over the injury.

I watched the game and him in particular and he did ok imo. He didn't look as dynamic as he has done for us but he controlled the tempo for Hungary all the time he was on the pitch and it was against international players rather than the Championship. Seems his country and the media over there expect a lot more from him given his previous performances. 

Not sure if he will be fit enough for Stoke but he has four days to recuperate.

53 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

In between is probable.

He was always going to be under 100% after a lay off and still getting over the injury.

I watched the game and him in particular and he did ok imo. He didn't look as dynamic as he has done for us but he controlled the tempo for Hungary all the time he was on the pitch and it was against international players rather than the Championship. Seems his country and the media over there expect a lot more from him given his previous performances. 

Not sure if he will be fit enough for Stoke but he has four days to recuperate.

I think this is the most accurate observation. I don't know why would anybody expected him to be MOTM when the day before the game he was officially injured... And his subsitute (who was in the same position, went on carrying a little injury) said it was planned this way, they knew Ádám's leg won't last for 90 mins. So it's natural I think that was a little distressed by the end of that 60 mins. He looked calm after the game so I don't think more happened there then a little fatigue, really hoping he didn't strain his ankle.

17 minutes ago, Fatalist said:

Do we know how much game time Massengo had in the U-19 internationals? Is he likely to be raring to go on Saturday, in which case Nagy can have another week off?

Did he go with the squad after his knock on Saturday? 
I can't believe how hard it is to find information on their games or squad.

29 minutes ago, Fatalist said:

Do we know how much game time Massengo had in the U-19 internationals? Is he likely to be raring to go on Saturday, in which case Nagy can have another week off?

68 minutes on saturday.

Not sure if he played last night.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-city-international-watch-magnificent-3302570

Very interesting piece by a Hungarian football journo on Bristol Post site today.   In essence saying that Nagy was obviously not 100% fit, and struggled to play his normal game, but the Hungarian manager and public were desperate for him to play, as he is so highly regarded and a Talisman for the National side.  Just hope no long term damage was sustained.  Completely understand, as I can recall Beckham and Rooney  playing for England when not fully fit, as they were deemed so important to our side at that time?

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

Very interesting piece by a Hungarian football journo on Bristol Post site today.   In essence saying that Nagy was obviously not 100% fit, and struggled to play his normal game, but the Hungarian manager and public were desperate for him to play, as he is so highly regarded and a Talisman for the National side.  Just hope no long term damage was sustained.  Completely understand, as I can recall Beckham and Rooney  playing for England when not fully fit, as they were deemed so important to our side at that time?

It's a very interesting discussion. I agree he wasn't 100% fit that was obvious. But not playing his game is false: he was playing that only much slower because of the fitness issue. What I fully disagree is that "the public was desperate for him to play". They weren't.  Rossi and his teammates were. It's the main issue I tried to write about in my info topic: as I think 7 managers of 10 can't understand how important he can be / how to utilise him the same goes to like 80% of Hungarian fans. Most of our fans don't like him just state the fact that he is there and plays. It's a "downside" of his role and how he interprets it: he's not a big fella who seems to destroy everyone around him, he doesn't play the spectecular side of  a DM. Also doesn't make asthonising assists so the same goes for a playmaker role. For me this is exactly why his unnatural DM / deep lying playmaker role will shine in England where combined with his speed and pace it will be spectecular. 

As the guy who started this  thread I wonder what the management at BCFC will think if he’s been asked to play the international and still struggling with injury? Or is it only match sharpness ? 

I think the player himself would have a say but an end of the day BCFC pay his wages and if his return  to the fray was delayed due to international  football needs , we suffer.  Perhaps we might hear more this week as they return 

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Why not? Why should we pander to an employee and tread on eggshells just because he’s new?!

Agreed, had this discussion above.

The player should have no say whatsoever - he's either passed 100% fit by a doctor, and can play, or he isn't, and immediately becomes unavailable for selection.

The idea BCFC, or the Hungarian manager, would pander to a players (quite natural) wishes to play for his country if he's not 100% recovered from an injury that has seen him miss club matches is ridiculous and no doubt contrary to any agreement between BCFC and Hungary when they allowed him to go.

National associations have the power to force clubs to release players they deem unfit so they themselves can validate that is the case but it works the other way round too - if he is found not fit on arrival the country must not play him, and in normal circumstances would send him back to continue treatment.

Any decision must be totally removed from the player himself, however much it might piss him off!

It sounds like, at the very least, Nagy was not 100%, and playing may have set back his recovery.

I'd expect BCFC to be very upset with Hungary, and quite possibly the player himself, if that proves to be the case, and rightly so in both cases imo.

17 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Agreed, had this discussion above.

The player should have no say whatsoever - he's either passed 100% fit by a doctor, and can play, or he isn't, and immediately becomes unavailable for selection.

The idea BCFC, or the Hungarian manager, would pander to a players (quite natural) wishes to play for his country if he's not 100% recovered from an injury that has seen him miss club matches is ridiculous and no doubt contrary to any agreement between BCFC and Hungary when they allowed him to go.

National associations have the power to force clubs to release players they deem unfit so they themselves can validate that is the case but it works the other way round too - if he is found not fit on arrival the country must not play him, and in normal circumstances would send him back to continue treatment.

Any decision must be totally removed from the player himself, however much it might piss him off!

It sounds like, at the very least, Nagy was not 100%, and playing may have set back his recovery.

I'd expect BCFC to be very upset with Hungary, and quite possibly the player himself, if that proves to be the case, and rightly so in both cases imo.

I wrote earlier, during the match that the commentator said BCFC sent a list of exercises, Nagy passed all of them and BCFC gave him the green light to play. It will turn out if he had any setback or just tired a bit than usual.

• Admin
8 minutes ago, Hunsupport said:

I wrote earlier, during the match that the commentator said BCFC sent a list of exercises, Nagy passed all of them and BCFC gave him the green light to play. It will turn out if he had any setback or just tired a bit than usual.

May actually benefit us in that he has had an hour match time under his belt

Better he did that in the week than only get an hour out of him in Stoke

Archived