IGNORED

Huddersfield Town

morris

Hello everyone,

I have recently written a book about my team Huddersfield Town which charts what happened next for each and every player that has ever played a game for the club. Where Are They Now is a comprehensive guide to what happened next for all the favourites over the years and also the least favourite ones!! 

I know that this is probably a niche thing but I know that there’s a lot of football fans out there that collect football books and their collections are not necessarily limited to the team that they support. There's a fair few former Bristol City players in the book including Alan Walsh, Phil Jevons, Jamie McCombe, Gordon low and Jack Connor to name a few. Perhaps your favourite player is in the book too!

I thought I’d let you know of the book’s existence and if you’d like a copy the link is here; https://www.amazon.co.uk/Where-Are-They-Now-Huddersfield/dp/1912027607

Thanks for your time and if you manage to get a copy of the book, you won’t be disappointed!!

Good luck for the season

LSM

@morris interested in your views of Huddersfield for this season and beyond. 

I live in West Yorkshire and a few locals in the pub are season ticket holders. The general view appears to be that all is not well both on the field and off. Concerns over the club financially and been mentioned the current chairman has used the practised payments to pay off the old chairman.

Be interested in your views 

27 minutes ago, daored said:

@morris interested in your views of Huddersfield for this season and beyond. 

I live in West Yorkshire and a few locals in the pub are season ticket holders. The general view appears to be that all is not well both on the field and off. Concerns over the club financially and been mentioned the current chairman has used the practised payments to pay off the old chairman.

Be interested in your views 

Not been well for the last 18 months in all honesty. Recruited badly and spent loads of money on the bad recruits, Wagner's arse fell out and he decided to play risk averse football and set out every game not to lose or at best to keep the score down. Our chairman fell ill in October and almost died, this was when everything started to fall apart. Jan Siewert was brought in as manager but didn't work out for a number of reasons, he was out of his depth but was at a disadvantage because; he wasn't Wagner, he'd inherited a bag of shite on the field,  he had no money to spend and a had a snake behind him in the dugout (Mark Hudson). Hoyle sold the club in May to Phil Hodgkinson, the owner of Southport F.C. and there have been a lot of mistrust over him and although he's a businessman, he doesn't seem to have much money. Combine this with many statements made at the beginning of the season, some of which he's already gone back on, and a general aloofness that people don't like. He's not a popular man down there at the moment and its not helped by the fact that the team have won 4 games in 18 months. 

1 hour ago, morris said:

Not been well for the last 18 months in all honesty. Recruited badly and spent loads of money on the bad recruits, Wagner's arse fell out and he decided to play risk averse football and set out every game not to lose or at best to keep the score down. Our chairman fell ill in October and almost died, this was when everything started to fall apart. Jan Siewert was brought in as manager but didn't work out for a number of reasons, he was out of his depth but was at a disadvantage because; he wasn't Wagner, he'd inherited a bag of shite on the field,  he had no money to spend and a had a snake behind him in the dugout (Mark Hudson). Hoyle sold the club in May to Phil Hodgkinson, the owner of Southport F.C. and there have been a lot of mistrust over him and although he's a businessman, he doesn't seem to have much money. Combine this with many statements made at the beginning of the season, some of which he's already gone back on, and a general aloofness that people don't like. He's not a popular man down there at the moment and its not helped by the fact that the team have won 4 games in 18 months. 

I think the comment about lack of funds is the concerns from the people I know. They certainly fear relegation and that the football club is being played used to support his other businesses 

5 hours ago, morris said:

Hodgkinson is another 'fit and proper person' approved by the EFL then? Doesn't look promising.

6 hours ago, morris said:

Thank you, I had no idea about much of this.

I really like hearing about other clubs, but only in chunks of this size, all the info and nice and concise. I don’t want to go and read pages and pages. I have never been to Huddersfield, hope to go this season and tick off another ground. I know in the past it was one of the first new builds I think? I remember lots of commentators etc raving about it.

11 hours ago, morris said:

Hello everyone,

I have recently written a book about my team Huddersfield Town which charts what happened next for each and every player that has ever played a game for the club. Where Are They Now is a comprehensive guide to what happened next for all the favourites over the years and also the least favourite ones!! 

I know that this is probably a niche thing but I know that there’s a lot of football fans out there that collect football books and their collections are not necessarily limited to the team that they support. There's a fair few former Bristol City players in the book including Alan Walsh, Phil Jevons, Jamie McCombe, Gordon low and Jack Connor to name a few. Perhaps your favourite player is in the book too!

I thought I’d let you know of the book’s existence and if you’d like a copy the link is here; https://www.amazon.co.uk/Where-Are-They-Now-Huddersfield/dp/1912027607

Thanks for your time and if you manage to get a copy of the book, you won’t be disappointed!!

Good luck for the season

LSM

You left out johnny Quigley fantastic midfielder 

On 04/09/2019 at 12:55, morris said:

Think this does provide a slight reality check. The general view I believe is once you have made it to the premier league you are financially set for life. I know it comes down to the spending but how many times have people said (not referring to OTIB directly) that even if you come straight back down you reap the financial rewards.

Not got a lot against Huddersfield and was nice to see them get promoted a few years ago. Hopefully they sort out any issues they may have off the field.

2 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Think this does provide a slight reality check. The general view I believe is once you have made it to the premier league you are financially set for life. I know it comes down to the spending but how many times have people said (not referring to OTIB directly) that even if you come straight back down you reap the financial rewards.

Not got a lot against Huddersfield and was nice to see them get promoted a few years ago. Hopefully they sort out any issues they may have off the field.

You can ‘reap the rewards’ if you spend sensibly and expect to get relegated, become a yo-yo club, THEN, establish yourself.

You also have strong relegation clauses in players contracts - that may mean that some players won’t join but so be it.

That it isn’t going to happen if you do a ‘Fulham’ or you have an Oyston like character in charge.

If Huddersfield now have one of them they could be in trouble.

Adkins did well in similar circumstances at Hull last season, although they had better strikers than Huddersfield. He’s a decent manager at this level and a darn sight better than Siewert, but he will still have his work cut out to turn it around there. There are elements of Sunderland about Huddersfield and League 1 may still beckon - unless of course Stoke keep them out of the bottom 3!

50 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

SSN Now reporting Danny Cowley has agreed to become Huddersfield manager! Not sure what must of happened to change his mind.

Good appointment, they’ve managed every level they’ve stepped up to. See there both going, be interesting to see how they get on.

14 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Wow bet Lincoln fans shitting themselves now. Who could take that role i wonder.

1 hour ago, Tipps69 said:

SSN Now reporting Danny Cowley has agreed to become Huddersfield manager! Not sure what must of happened to change his mind.

I wonder how that will affect Morrell? Is our loan agreement with the club or with the Manager? I would imagine it was the latter that would have swayed our decision to send him there.

28 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I wonder how that will affect Morrell? Is our loan agreement with the club or with the Manager? I would imagine it was the latter that would have swayed our decision to send him there.

The new management team will see he has contributed well so far. Clubs who can afford it seem to bring in replacements that have similar ethos and style to the previous coach/manager. I'm sure he will be fine there but if not we recall him In January and loan him back out or bring him into the squad.

Lincoln get good crowds and are still on a terrific journey so I imagine there will be many interested in taking the role. Adkins would be a good shout for them and before anyone says it no Its not a job for cotts!

Archived