IGNORED

A Cider With: Jon Lansdown

Shtanley

"A Cider With: Jon Lansdown" is now out!

Me, Dave and Jon Lansdown talk all sorts of things.

We recorded this episode in the home dugout and the photo is from the infamous roof of Ashton Gate!

Cheers to Jon and the club for making this happen!

Unfortunately I didn't get to ask everything that I wanted to due to time constraints but I think we got more than enough content for one episode.

As always I appreciate hearing people's thoughts and their feedback!

Listen on you laptop via Libsyn

Listen through our iTunes page. (If you hit subscribe the episode will appear)

1227537707_85427621-cca5-40ce-ad0f-1fc39bd59a91copy.thumb.JPG.4523e29b8a7c04c727a5d05d3b7f6112.JPG

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

Wow, how did you manage to arrange that?  Very impressive.

Alas, I never have the time to listen to these, but I'm impressed you managed to arrange that with Jon Lansdown.

Supporter of the year perks, got the keys to the stadium too when he fancies a kickabout 

10 minutes ago, !james said:

Downloaded ready for the commute in the morning.

Have you found listening figures for OSIB have gone up a lot since the recent Cider Withs... and the publicity from the club? Seem to pick up new listeners who hopefully subscribe to OSIB after! 

Yes, the interviews have got double the amount a normal episode does. 

Episode listens gone up ~20% since interviews. Even the ones previous to the interviews are getting more listens as new people are going back through the archive.

Really excellent and insightful interview. I've always been a bit of a JL sceptic, never really seems to have had a public platform and I've wondered what he's offered, beyond being SL's son...and an association with some superficial and sometimes unsuccessful marketing. But he comes across well. I've not listened to the whole thing, like others I'm saving that for tomorrow, but you've asked questions I've enjoyed hearing answered.

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

Alas, I never have the time to listen to these, but I'm impressed you managed to arrange that with Jon Lansdown.

A media bloke messaged me saying JL was up for doing something, originally wanted to be one of the three on a normal episode but schedule clash lead to another Cider with.

Nice bloke.

The Cider With was a great listen. My ignorance is great and I hadn't appreciated how much of a fan Jon and his dad were back in the day. He spoke really well and quite openly at times. Obviously at others he was naturally reticent but there's some great insight into Ashton Vale, the rebrand and new badge, and the Bury/Bolton situation. Also thanks for asking the questions about away fans and international fans.

53 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

one of the three on a normal episode

Still some scope for this in the future?

3 hours ago, Shtanley said:

"A Cider With: Jon Lansdown" is now out!

Me, Dave and Jon Lansdown talk all sorts of things.

We recorded this episode in the home dugout and the photo is from the infamous roof of Ashton Gate!

Cheers to Jon and the club for making this happen!

Unfortunately I didn't get to ask everything that I wanted to due to time constraints but I think we got more than enough content for one episode.

As always I appreciate hearing people's thoughts and their feedback!

Listen on you laptop via Libsyn

Listen through our iTunes page. (If you hit subscribe the episode will appear)

1227537707_85427621-cca5-40ce-ad0f-1fc39bd59a91copy.thumb.JPG.4523e29b8a7c04c727a5d05d3b7f6112.JPG

Thanks for that, these sort of things go a long way towards changing peoples perceptions of managers, players. and club officials. Especially as it is such an easy going sort of interview - more of a chat really.

Nice one.

3 hours ago, reddogkev said:

You must listen to the previous ones. Interviews with Gary J, Louis Carey and Brian Tinnion. Really good interviews getting the guys to answer questions freely and openly. I’ll listen to the JL one tomorrow. I’m sure the questions will be what we’d ask but not so sure that Jon is the most interesting person to listen to. 

11 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Still some scope for this in the future?

I’d imagine so. I’m sure he’d be up for it. 

The ‘OSIB team’ were chuckling at the thought of us slating Johnson for a substitution or decision and then turning to JL for comment. 

• Admin
13 hours ago, Selred said:

Morning and evening commute listening sorted tomorrow!

Honestly @Shtanley thank you so much for all your time and effort - really love listening about our club, great interviews and incredible how you can make them 2 hours without them feeling dragged out. 

I hate to admit I am not sure how to download onto my phone

I've a Samsung S10, any advice would be much appreciated

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

I hate to admit I am not sure how to download onto my phone

I've a Samsung S10, any advice would be much appreciated

Just download yourself a free podcast app, such as Podcast Addict and then search for the podcast you want. Simples! 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bambuna.podcastaddict&hl=en_GB 

Archived