IGNORED

Club shop now v 80s

54-46

2 minutes ago, TBW said:

There's also some shit there... lampshades, aprons, dart flights, mirrors, rosettes. Can't imagine them being big money makers.

I’d love to deck my whole house out in BCFC gear

Cook my tea in my apron, wash it down with a cuppa out my mug. Then down the pub for a game of arrows using my BCFC flights, back home to brush my teeth using my BCFC mirror then slip into my BCFC PJs and get into bed with BCFC bedside lampshade reading the massively reduced History of Bristol City

4 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

Cook my tea in my apron, wash it down with a cuppa out my mug. Then down the pub for a game of arrows using my BCFC flights, back home to brush my teeth using my BCFC mirror then slip into my BCFC PJs and get into bed with BCFC bedside lampshade reading the massively reduced History of Bristol City

You forgot use the bathroom before bedtime remembering to use your Bristol Rovers toilet paper!

I'm old enough that I should know the answer to this but why does everything have a postage price?

Did people call up and order or send a form? If it was in the programme surely the supporter was at the ground and could just call in the shop and buy?

I've no idea why I'm asking questions about this. But equally not sure I can sleep without the answers.

10 hours ago, 54-46 said:

I know nostalgia isn’t what it used to be but I was looking through some old programmes the other day and noticed the quality items you could buy off the lovely smiling Beryl back in the day

791248C2-9447-4EC9-B54C-97510118B3A1.jpeg

Are you saying, nostalgia isn't nostalgic?

10 hours ago, 54-46 said:

Reminds me of this classic

Last week, myself and the boy went “groundhopping” round London and visited five grounds in the day. We went in the various club shops and by god, some tat is available:

- In Fulham’s club shop you can get a Scott Parker bobble head - about a foot tall

- In Spurs shop they sell Tottenham bra and panties sets, embossed with the cockerel logo (although disappointingly “To Dare is to do” is not across the gusset)

- Loftus Road. You can buy a QPR HGV truck. Just bizarre.

- Spurs also sell half and half scarves...

What were the more impressive items were in Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs. All had reasonable “retro” ranges, some score draw stuff but some not, example of Chelsea had commodore shirts (from the Robbie Turner game!) and 60’s/70’s kit. What was also done, which I think could be done here was a scale puzzle of the ground for £25-£30. Example below of the Emirates. Now Ashton has a fairly unique and recognisable look, could be a seller?

(I’d also love to see a version of the Memorial Ground for sh!ts and giggles...)

16BF4BFA-3EB7-4977-8CD8-CAD2129566DF.jpeg

Used to love the City Shop back in those days. IIRC it was always open on a Sunday in the 80s when they had the market in the car park behind the Williams. You'd have boxes of old programs on the counter at something like 3 for 20p. Most were old City 1st Div ones but there were older ones and other teams. I used to have quite a collection of randoms. I also STILL have BCFC Dart Flights, thank you very much. 

10 hours ago, CHIPLEY RED said:

Whatever happened to the silk scarf only £1.20. Lettering guaranteed to disappear before the end of the season.

10 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Season? During the rain you were lucky it lasted till the end of the game!

That's not 100% correct :laughcont: and the later ones were slightly better.

scarf2.jpg.80d97d46cd776ba659f3e5bbbd86e8a8.jpg

1 hour ago, Unan said:

Are you saying, nostalgia isn't nostalgic?

Well,  it's not what it used to be.

11 hours ago, TBW said:

There's also some shit there... lampshades, aprons, dart flights, mirrors, rosettes. Can't imagine them being big money makers.

BCFC dart flights s***? Sacrilege.

I loved the 80s: football training / darts matches mid week and playing footy / watching City at the weekends. I had hardly any money and only purchased essentials - remember receiving my first wage packet and delightfully going to the shop, where I decadently bought City darts flights. I was really proud to use them in my local - where they were admired.

The items described as s*** would not have appeared as such to many people back in the day. Conspicuous consumption was less common in the 80s - different times.

Loved my flights so much that I've still got them.

DSC_0020.JPG

13 minutes ago, bcfcshorey said:

Couldn't buy a Bristol City embossed suitcase by in those days!

That was my old mans business idea back in the 80s (not embossed), but nobody took him up on it. There were no clubs in the country with them back then, think that could’ve made any investor a very rich person.

1 hour ago, Champion Dung Spreader said:

BCFC dart flights s***? Sacrilege.

I loved the 80s: football training / darts matches mid week and playing footy / watching City at the weekends. I had hardly any money and only purchased essentials - remember receiving my first wage packet and delightfully going to the shop, where I decadently bought City darts flights. I was really proud to use them in my local - where they were admired.

The items described as s*** would not have appeared as such to many people back in the day. Conspicuous consumption was less common in the 80s - different times.

Loved my flights so much that I've still got them.

DSC_0020.JPG

I also had the dart flights, but the white version. Wouldn't say they were s***, they were well made, but I found them too thick and heavy and never got on with them. 

Archived