IGNORED

Fifa 20

James54De

8 hours ago, TBW said:

Agree entirely. I didn't get FIFA '19 and won't be getting '20 either. I also waited until January to get FIFA '18 (secondhand). I'm done with seeing the same game every year.

Career mode was my main mode of entertainment so player ratings and stuff mattered for the first season or two. Ultimate Team, I'm not sure I ever played more than about 80 games on it each year and some people do that in a weekend.

When laws finally come in regarding the game being perceived as gambling, then maybe I'll look at things a bit more... But I'd still want to see more Career Mode development too.

I’ve done about 250 games this season on FIFA 19 FUT. And I don’t like the league system either. It seems like they set you up to play easier/harder opponents to keep your record fairly even. I’ve practically won/lost 100 games and drawn 50.

Seen many comments relating FUT to gambling or Freemium addiction.

You can tell people must be spending serious money to have the best team full of special edition players. It’s almost quite sad they’ve done this to draw people in so much in an unhealthy way. I bet there’s kids all over the world who rinse their parents’ money!

2 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

You can tell people must be spending serious money to have the best team full of special edition players. It’s almost quite sad they’ve done this to draw people in so much in an unhealthy way. I bet there’s kids all over the world who rinse their parents’ money!

The online community, YouTube especially, don't make it any better. Not one "YouTuber" warns people watching their videos that it can be addictive, or their spending is part of their business model so kids try to get the same level of team as these players who spend thousands. 

Either EA or PSN/XBL need to implement something to show clearly how much you're spending on the game so consumers can see the impact clearly. You never truly know the costs of something until the money is gone.

2 hours ago, tts_city said:

I agree its easy to get caught up with buying points/packs, It certainly feels like gambling, i'm determined this year to spend nothing more than the actual game costs and see where it takes me, I got quit good at buying and selling for profit in 19 the last few months.

Personally, I've never spent any extra money on FIFA as I found part of the fun of Ultimate Team was the grind of building up gradually through games and squad building challenges. Unfortunately because such a large volume of people don't also think that way, once you get to a certain level it gets very difficult to continue.

I did have +1m coins at one point in about FIFA '17/'18 through trading and such which game me a decent little team but it still wasn't quite enough.

Ironically, because of getting free copies of the game for six years, buying '18 secondhand and not getting '19/'20, I've likely spent £0 on FIFA in the last nine years so I probably owe them a small purchase of FIFA coins!

... the Data Editor pay is low though so I'll use that as my excuse.

22 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

@TBW I assume you wanted someone to respond with something like ‘how do you know’ or ‘go on...’

I’m not that guy asking btw.

Anyways, FIFA 19 has to be the worst in the last 10 years. Really only play FUT and the ability of the players in your team is only what matters now. Not the ability of the person playing the game. I swear too many people spend ££££’s on this game now. Think the term for FUT would be “Freemium”.

Too many Specials, plus the addition of legends ruined FIFA/FUT.

I’ll probably buy FIFA 20, but will see how it’s received initially before committing.

This year's game has been the worst ever! Everyone was basically world class at defending because the AI would do it for you. I went back and played FIFA 17 the other day and really enjoyed actually having to defend. 

They did go ott with the special cards this year, seemed every 3 days there was something new. I pretty much have a team of unreadables.

13 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

I’ve done about 250 games this season on FIFA 19 FUT. And I don’t like the league system either. It seems like they set you up to play easier/harder opponents to keep your record fairly even. I’ve practically won/lost 100 games and drawn 50.

Seen many comments relating FUT to gambling or Freemium addiction.

I absolutely hate Rivals. All other FIFA's I've been div 1 but in rivals I've been unable to get out of Div 3. Essentially div 3 is div 1 as it's full of Div 1 players who are constantly coming up against each other so neither are able to progress. The better players are also choosing to be in the lower divisions to pick up the easier rewards. 

I've not spent a penny but I have a shit hot team.

18 hours ago, TBW said:

Personally, I've never spent any extra money on FIFA as I found part of the fun of Ultimate Team was the grind of building up gradually through games and squad building challenges. Unfortunately because such a large volume of people don't also think that way, once you get to a certain level it gets very difficult to continue.

I did have +1m coins at one point in about FIFA '17/'18 through trading and such which game me a decent little team but it still wasn't quite enough.

Ironically, because of getting free copies of the game for six years, buying '18 secondhand and not getting '19/'20, I've likely spent £0 on FIFA in the last nine years so I probably owe them a small purchase of FIFA coins!

... the Data Editor pay is low though so I'll use that as my excuse.

That's the way I like to do it also. I'll get it free too but even with that I'm debating even getting involved if it's anything like the last. Within just a few weeks I would match up against ridiculous squads practically every game. You can see why people feel like spending a load of money is the only way to compete. 

If they aren't forced to remove FIFA points in the near future, it would be great if they could have a separate UT mode in which FIFA points aren't featured as some form of compromise. 

Last year on FIFA i was quite lucky, early in the game I packed Eusebio, which meant i had a good team throughout fifa through trading a bit etc. Although did mean whenever I faced people who's team weren't as good and I won. I ended up getting messages telling me how sad I was and that I must of spent thousands on the game. However I was lucky and it won't happen again. The Problem is on Ultimate team once somebody has a good team they will always have a good team if they have a bit of awareness and trade a little, also with the better team means making Elite on Fut Champs easier which means you get more and more coins.

On 06/09/2019 at 12:14, Carey 6 said:

I only really play Pro Clubs, some really simple things they could add to that to improve it but I doubt they've done anything to it again. 

I haven't tried that mode. Do you only play as one player? Is everyone else NPCs?

1 hour ago, boadle said:

I haven't tried that mode. Do you only play as one player? Is everyone else NPCs?

You play as one player, get a few others online and you can have 11 people playing as 1 team, or if you have 3 players you can have 2 playing as 1 player and one player playing as the whole team or NPC as 8 and 3 people as 1 if that makes sense.

2 hours ago, boadle said:

If you can get a few mates on to play with you, it's by far the most enjoyable mode on there imo. @dihajh explained it well. 

Only thing I'll add is you have to level up your virtual pro, think you start off at around 81/82 but can rise to 92, so playing well in games will gain you skill points to put on your player. 

If you do give it a try, ensure you have the options to match Goalkeepers & Any on. 

There are also online leagues that you can play in such as the VFL/XOFG where you can sign for teams full of randomers & compete against the best. I've taken part in a few of these over the years, not as fun but far more competitive. 

As I said in previous post, clubs has been the same for a few years now, I'd like to see them add a few new things to it such as substitutes & customisation of CPU player names.  

They've got Taylor down as being quicker than Afobe, that's interesting! They've also got him at 68 still, I'd have put him down to about 65/66 this season!

I think the ratings are pretty fair, Walsh was 63 last season, he did nothing to improve upon that so stays the same. 

EDIT: I have however just seen they have Flint down at 73! Kalas should be 75!

I said I wouldn’t buy this game but I may just get it and play FUT or career mode with a city team and sell it when I get bored. You can build half the teams online a few days before anyway so I’ll try and get the whole city squad.

heres hoping they release someone like Afobe as a Championship player, however I think it’s rare we will ever see a city player there 

Archived