IGNORED

Fifa 20

James54De

Moving swiftly on... 

After doing some hunting around, as not bought a fifa game for a few years, decided to take the plunge and get this years game, mainly for the career/manager mode. 

Disappointed that the cheapest I could find was at base.com for 44 quid, I swear a few years back asda, tesco etc used to sell fifa games at midnight for like 35 quid? Now they're selling it for 50!

Everything seems to be going up, apart from my wage sadly ?

Is it actually out now? I'm on 18 still, I seem to get it every couple of years, 16 being the previous version I had, which was in a deal when I bought the console.

If there's quite a bit of change, I may delve into it. Failing that I'll just stick what I have....

Certainly won't be paying £50 for it though.

33 minutes ago, The Batman said:

Apparently career mode is buggered. Anyone notice anything? 

Haven't got the game but read loads of bugs all reported to ea and theyve ignored them and at least won't be in the next patch if not more, they couldn't give a **** about career mode 

2 hours ago, The Batman said:

Apparently career mode is buggered. Anyone notice anything? 

Go in to EDIT PLAYER within career mode, edit something and save the changes, see what happens.

Also, apparently the biggest problem is that once a team play a weakened side for a cup game or something, they then never stop playing a weakened side. Lots of people with Chelsea/Man City etc. in relegation zone.

Issues with scheduling too. Three games in five days and then a week off.

9 minutes ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

Not sure if anyone cares but we should be seeing an IF Famara this week, probably 80 rated but could be 79 (7 or 8 rating boost). 

Will look something like this 

753434856_Screenshot2019-11-20at09_58_57.png.e91c8be9a92c1c278222593feb490c96.png

Will get him and throw Mané and Keita Balde on each side of him in 4-3-3

That pace and passing tho 

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

This game is horrendous. 

Agreed, not sure where to begin but my current flaws:

1. Its almost Christmas and you cannot score headed goals. I have played 225 games and have scored 4 headers in total which usually are only scored when the header initially misses and bounces up off the crossbar on the way down and glances in. 

2. I am usually a div 3 player and I cannot get out of division 7 due to players in division 1,2,3 and 4 etc dropping down to do challenges which typically leaves me in some sort of div7-8 purgatory. 

3. Bristol City have a badge that cant be seen before the game with the fan TIFO, its just a bunch of red and white squares.

4. Career mode is completely broke. I Had a city career and once promoted to the prem Brighton won the league 3 years in a row with Arsenal relegated in the first season due to playing a team of under 23s. 

There are probably loads more, I am just happy there is a city IF currently

45 minutes ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

1. Its almost Christmas and you cannot score headed goals. I have played 225 games and have scored 4 headers in total which usually are only scored when the header initially misses and bounces up off the crossbar on the way down and glances in. 

2. I am usually a div 3 player and I cannot get out of division 7 due to players in division 1,2,3 and 4 etc dropping down to do challenges which typically leaves me in some sort of div7-8 purgatory. 

3. Bristol City have a badge that cant be seen before the game with the fan TIFO, its just a bunch of red and white squares.

4. Career mode is completely broke. I Had a city career and once promoted to the prem Brighton won the league 3 years in a row with Arsenal relegated in the first season due to playing a team of under 23s. 

I actually scored a header with scream Pique the other day in the WL and I couldn't believe it, a proper bullet header, I've saved the clip to watch back to see what I did but suspect it was just a fluke. If I do win a header I'll lose the second ball as my player doesn't direct it to one of my players.

My issues are -

1. AI defending, auto blocks, auto interceptions, drop back, 1 depth. Inspector gadget legs. I wouldnt mind as much if my players also did the same but they simply dont, my players will just stand there and let a ball go right past them. I can play against someone and absolutely batter them yet I cant break down their AI defence, shot after shot will be blocked by their AI defender flying his body in front of it.

After the AI defence of fifa 19 I was excited when they said manually defending will be rewarded, that lasted for one whole patch. They made AI defending even more rewarding. I was frustrated about it in Fifa 19 but at least you could score from long shots or with headers. By taking those away it benefits those who ai defend and then just run the whole length of the pitch with Saint-Maximin.

2. Fitness, despite people playing drop back and parking the bus they are also able to play high pressure, their players will run and run and run and chase me around and hound me and it have absolutely no effect on their fitness, their players bar could be empty and still they will run around with the same intensity as they did at the start of the game, my players are knackered after 60 mins even tho I play a possession game and dont run around a lot. High pressure and parking the bus should not be compatible. I feel like I don't get any time on the ball as surrounded by players high pressing me, yet when they have the ball, its impossible to get the ball off of them.

3. Passing. I like to pass it at speed, In previous fifas I've been great at this, could hit 95% passing accuracy pretty easy, this year I'm struggling to get above 85%. Probably a combination of things like the OP interceptions etc. I struggle to get any pace into my passes, passing just feels heavy and clunky, players take too long to pass, or they stumble and even a simple 5 yard pass can go somewhere completely different to where you have aimed it.

4. Through balls. Following on from passing I find through balls just as frustrating. Trying to slip a nice through ball past ai defender is almost impossible and if I do manage that then the AI will foul my player that's about to make the run, a little push or shove, just enough to make him stumble which sees the ball roll on through to the keeper. Player runs are equally as frustrating. I feel like I am forever having to trigger them to make runs as they dont try and get in behind themselves. They dont try and lose their marker and then when I do finally get them to run, just as I press the through ball button, instead of them running straight on to it, they change bloody direction or do a silly zig zag run. Through balls are also just as bad as passing, its completely random where they go.

5. Keepers punching the ball, most of the time that punch will go straight to their unmarked player on the edge of the box. ******* catch it.

6. Long balls forward, the majority of people I play ptb and then just lump the ball forward, every single Time that ball will reach their player up at the other end of the pitch.

7. The servers are absolutely terrible. I had a few weekends where they were amazing and the games were lovely to play, the last few weeks tho they have been horrid. Playing the WL on a friday is impossible. Oh and for some reason I keep getting matched with people in Germany, bloody match me with someone in the UK.

8. Pack luck, for 3 years now my luck has been awful. I did get a 200k player the other day but that is a rarity. Probably because I dont buy packs and because I trade. I do a fair amount of sbcs and get my WL rewards but get bugger all really. I have a friend who forever wastes their coins. They stopped playing for a month and then come back on and the first pack they opened, bang, blue Messi. Their luck is absolutely insane. 

Pre Fifa 19 I was a division 1 player, never won it but could get there. Rivals is completely broken and has been since its inception. I cant get past div 5 and this is due to what would be div 1 players parking themselves in 4 and 5 for the easy rewards. They need to make the rewards In the higher divisions more attractive so these players will bugger off back there. These icon objectives have ruined rivals completely as many have relegated themselves down to the lower divisions. I ain't even bothered to do the objectives as it's not worth the hassle. Icons dont seem to be OP this year anyways like they were in previous years.

Usually it takes me until about April or May to get bored of the game, this year it's taken until now. I struggle to even complete my 30 WL games as it is just so laborious playing the same ptb crap over and over again.

They have literally taken Fifa 19 and made it worse, and charged me £80 for it. 7 patches in and another due and still the game is completely broken. How is it possible to release such a broken game? 

I played on it for the first time in a while the other night, I think it's had a couple of title updates since.

The gameplay feels so different. Rivals games make me feel like I've got ADHD, it's so fast now. Before you could play a possession game with some nice realistic build-up play, but now it's just counter after counter after counter.

Btw I think career mode is a bit more fixed now by the looks of it, but you need to start a new one. Still has plenty flaws though, the transfer market is unrealistic still, just got Tammy back on loan.

2 hours ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

Not sure if anyone cares but we should be seeing an IF Famara this week, probably 80 rated but could be 79 (7 or 8 rating boost). 

Will look something like this 

753434856_Screenshot2019-11-20at09_58_57.png.e91c8be9a92c1c278222593feb490c96.png

Will get him and throw Mané and Keita Balde on each side of him in 4-3-3

Surely those won't be his stats. You can't be an 80 rated inform without any 80+ basic stats. His pace, defense and physical should definitely be higher

32 minutes ago, Nathandao said:

Surely those won't be his stats. You can't be an 80 rated inform without any 80+ basic stats. His pace, defense and physical should definitely be higher

They don't really care about silver upgrades and they most definetely don't watch championship games, I'll post a photo when it actually gets announced (if it does)

4 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I really wish we would send EA a high res image of our badge. It looks terrible when it's on the pitch before a game starts.

Those issues are almost never the developer not having access a high resolution or vector source, and almost always to do with the output size being clamped for memory reasons.

1 hour ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

They don't really care about silver upgrades and they most definetely don't watch championship games, I'll post a photo when it actually gets announced (if it does)

I watch City games mostly for my own enjoyment of course but secondly for EA and I certainly care about it. 

4 hours ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

I've practically given up on Rivals. Similar to you, I normally bounce between division 3/4 but this year I'm stuck down in 7 & 8, I'm either winning 5 or 6 nil or losing by the same - there's no in between. I'm still at around the same level in Weekend League, somewhere between 15 and 20 wins most weeks.

They've really screwed up having so many objectives reliant on Rivals games. Of course people are going to take the easy option and drop down several divisions to achieve the objectives. I've seen so many people boasting about doing it. Totally killed the game mode for any casual gamers. 

55 minutes ago, InCyder said:

I watch City games mostly for my own enjoyment of course but secondly for EA and I certainly care about it. 

I've practically given up on Rivals. Similar to you, I normally bounce between division 3/4 but this year I'm stuck down in 7 & 8, I'm either winning 5 or 6 nil or losing by the same - there's no in between. I'm still at around the same level in Weekend League, somewhere between 15 and 20 wins most weeks.

They've really screwed up having so many objectives reliant on Rivals games. Of course people are going to take the easy option and drop down several divisions to achieve the objectives. I've seen so many people boasting about doing it. Totally killed the game mode for any casual gamers. 

Mate I managed 3 wins last weekend, just couldn't get past the teams at all. 

I play to try and get some of the legends now, although may stop now I managed to get Schmeical. 

I play after work to relax usually, spending 2-3 hours max on the game and you're right - the game mode is definetely not made for casual fans, its just grinding for objectives and XP now

19 minutes ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

Mate I managed 3 wins last weekend, just couldn't get past the teams at all. 

I play to try and get some of the legends now, although may stop now I managed to get Schmeical. 

I play after work to relax usually, spending 2-3 hours max on the game and you're right - the game mode is definetely not made for casual fans, its just grinding for objectives and XP now

Much of the same here. I normally get a couple of hours in 2 nights during the week and have a bit of a marathon on a Saturday night if there's boxing worth staying up for at stupid o'clock. That's pretty much all of the free time I get.

Not sure how they resolve the Rivals issue. Offering better rewards for the higher divisions might help a bit but if there are easy ways to break the system, they'll always be abused. The idea behind Rivals was that you play players of a similar level/rating as yourself, I've barely had a single close game one way or the other. If I remember rightly, I think my skill rating last year was around 1300/1400. This year, I don't even think it's 500 ?

Archived