IGNORED

Fifa 20

James54De

10 hours ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

Agreed, not sure where to begin but my current flaws:

1. Its almost Christmas and you cannot score headed goals. I have played 225 games and have scored 4 headers in total which usually are only scored when the header initially misses and bounces up off the crossbar on the way down and glances in. 

2. I am usually a div 3 player and I cannot get out of division 7 due to players in division 1,2,3 and 4 etc dropping down to do challenges which typically leaves me in some sort of div7-8 purgatory. 

3. Bristol City have a badge that cant be seen before the game with the fan TIFO, its just a bunch of red and white squares.

4. Career mode is completely broke. I Had a city career and once promoted to the prem Brighton won the league 3 years in a row with Arsenal relegated in the first season due to playing a team of under 23s. 

There are probably loads more, I am just happy there is a city IF currently

They’ve fixed that and tbf to them. Career mode is very enjoyable for me at the moment now all of the good players are starting.

5 hours ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

Yep Fam got in, 79 rated 

EJx_fVTUcAAC0ct.png

Is FIFA a card game now? Surely Fam has been in the game since it was released? Last game I bought was FIFA 2003 - Davids, Giggs and Bobby Carlos graced the front cover and it was quality.

Yes, yes I know I am old and shouldn't care about this, but I'm genuinely wondering why everyone is excited? 

10 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Is FIFA a card game now? Surely Fam has been in the game since it was released? Last game I bought was FIFA 2003 - Davids, Giggs and Bobby Carlos graced the front cover and it was quality.

Yes, yes I know I am old and shouldn't care about this, but I'm genuinely wondering why everyone is excited? 

It's not so much a card game, just the most popular game mode on it is Fifa Ultimate Team (FUT) - where players who perform well in real life get these black boosted cards such as Fam's- The last time a city player had one was Weimann against Sheff Utd and before that I think it was Liam Kelly

16 hours ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

Mate I managed 3 wins last weekend, just couldn't get past the teams at all. 

I play to try and get some of the legends now, although may stop now I managed to get Schmeical. 

I play after work to relax usually, spending 2-3 hours max on the game and you're right - the game mode is definetely not made for casual fans, its just grinding for objectives and XP now

What I've found in the WL is if I'm lagging behind my usual finish of 15-18 wins then the game starts to assist me. I won 10 in a row last Sunday due to this, as soon as I hit 17 wins that was it the game stopped assisting me. 

In previous fifas I used to sit down in the evening and smash out a whole season and it was enjoyable. Now it is just super frustrating and it's really not enjoyable to sit down and play. 

3 minutes ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

It's not so much a card game, just the most popular game mode on it is Fifa Ultimate Team (FUT) - where players who perform well in real life get these black boosted cards such as Fam's- The last time a city player had one was Weimann against Sheff Utd and before that I think it was Liam Kelly

Bobby Reid had a nice team of the season card a few years back that I enjoyed using.

3 hours ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

So Fam hasn't been in the game until this week? Is it just prem teams? How do you play with City then? Are the other players in or do they have to wait until they score a hat-trick to get into FIFA? 

Genuinely, I've not played this franchise for years, decades even. Bought '03 (on PC as I didn't have a PS2 at that age) but then switched to Pro Evo. 

7 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

So Fam hasn't been in the game until this week? Is it just prem teams? How do you play with City then? Are the other players in or do they have to wait until they score a hat-trick to get into FIFA? 

Genuinely, I've not played this franchise for years, decades even. Bought '03 (on PC as I didn't have a PS2 at that age) but then switched to Pro Evo. 

Without explaining the entire thing its a little hard. 

Fam was in it but as a silver card like the majority of city players other than Adam Nagy are, you cant really use them because they're terrible when you play against other users etc. 

It's also a sort of collectors thing, now I can use this semi decent Fam card alongside Mane etc. You wouldn't play with city because none of theplayers or cards online are worth playing with because they're rated too low. 

Scoring a hat trick at any time pretty much guarentees you one of these team of the week in form cards (TOTW or IF). 

You can still play with city on career mode but no one really plays it anymore and EA haven't invested anything into it for years now . even this year there were 10 big noticeable bugs in the game come October.

To add to this, the whole purpose of this game mode is to have different cards to build your team hence ultimate team.

Just now, Eastside Moonwalker said:

Without explaining the entire thing its a little hard. 

Fam was in it but as a silver card like the majority of city players other than Adam Nagy are, you cant really use them because they're terrible when you play against other users etc. 

It's also a sort of collectors thing, now I can use this semi decent Fam card alongside Mane etc. You wouldn't play with city because none of theplayers or cards online are worth playing with because they're rated too low. 

Scoring a hat trick at any time pretty much guarentees you one of these team of the week in form cards (TOTW or IF). 

You can still play with city on career mode but no one really plays it anymore and EA haven't invested anything into it for years now . even this year there were 10 big noticeable bugs in the game come October 

Oh so like a cross between FIFA and Pokémon?

4 minutes ago, InCyder said:

Joe Bryan's was very good that same season too. Enjoyed using both of their cards. 

I had quite a nice little team then, Bryan linked with the special Sessegnon and I had the Birthday Rooney card which was insane and I think a special blue Carrick card so they all linked together nicely. Got to div1 online with them cards.

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

You can buy and sell these cards on a transfer market too with virtual coins that you aquire by earning them in game or buy buying packs that you open for random cards.

Ok so it is the 2019 version of buying packs of Pokémon cards and Panini stickers and selling them to the year 5s. Fams now a shiny. Cool. Old man understand now.

Well. I bought Disney plus for the family and I run it through my PlayStation. 

Went to put moana on for my daughter and I saw that there was a huge sale in the store. Bought fifa 20 for £24.00. It was over £60 last week. Still £50 in my local asda. Hopefully all the issues people raised have been fixed now. 

1 minute ago, poland_exile said:

Never played before but in these days of lockdown ordered a PS4 last week. Absolutely baffled by this game, but on the plus side, I tanked the gas 8-0 earlier today playing as Brazil :D **** off Irene 

Not sure if you play FUT but Andi got a sort of flashback TOTW card so you can get Andi and Fammy together

I haven't played this game since the last time I updated this thread, had a meme team with all these world beaters and then fam up top. 

It's finally hit me, probably 3-4 games too late that this game is a pile of ****. 

Won't be buying it in the future, maybe play on the FUT web app a bit just to build a team though, thats the most fun I have on it

Archived