IGNORED

Roy Keane (& Gary Neville)

BobBobSuperBob

Non City related but having heard that Roy Keane had made some controversial comments about Jon Walters amongst other subjects I looked this up.

Although I’m no fan of Keane,  I personally found it compulsive viewing , and together with Gary Neville’s refreshing honesty , as a football fan , I found it a really interesting watch / listen

Keane doesn’t hold back on a number of subjects including Ferguson

Thought some might do likewise ,   in the break in all things City 

(If you can find an hour or so over the coming days I’d highly recommend it)

I would rather listen to Roy Keane before and after a game then probably 95% of what we have on our screens now. His honesty at times is superb, and also comedy gold at others. I doubt he will be on too much longer though due to producers fear of him offending someone! I will have a watch over the weekend because as you say he does seem to be compulsive viewing.

I can’t help but find Roy Keane to be an arrogant, obnoxious, self important to$$er, who couldn’t really hack it as a manager and prefers to criticise everyone from the comfort of a warm studio sofa. 

It may be that he played for Man Utd, but trying to put that aside... some of his behaviour and comments, since his playing days (and some during them) are like a spoilt little public school girl. 

He had a the playing talent that anyone could wish for and should probably just try to learn to enjoy his millions and find some inner peace now..! 

• Admin
50 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I can’t help but find Roy Keane to be an arrogant, obnoxious, self important to$$er, who couldn’t really hack it as a manager and prefers to criticise everyone from the comfort of a warm studio sofa. 

It may be that he played for Man Utd, but trying to put that aside... some of his behaviour and comments, since his playing days (and some during them) are like a spoilt little public school girl. 

He had a the playing talent that anyone could wish for and should probably just try to learn to enjoy his millions and find some inner peace now..! 

It is almost like he thinks he can bully people now like he did on the pitch

It would be TV gold if they put someone up against him to shoot him down

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

Keane and Ferguson are more alike than either of them will ever want to admit.

The unstoppable force and the immovable object!

49 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Keane always struck me as a man constantly looking for his next fight.

1 minute ago, downendcity said:

The unstoppable force and the immovable object!

Keane always struck me as a man constantly looking for his next fight.

Yes, although I think he likes that alter ego to be the public image - as opposed to his throwing his toys out the pram when he doesn’t get his own way and making deliberately controversial/inflammatory remarks from the safety of a tv studio. 

“Bully” appears to be the perfect description of Roy Keane. 

Covering the mouth, wether itching the nose, rubbing the lip etc is a tale tale sign of someone lying. Children cover their entire mouth when lying, teens put a hand in front, and when you reach adulthood you become a lot more subtle. He does it an awful lot.

11 minutes ago, Unan said:

Covering the mouth, wether itching the nose, rubbing the lip etc is a tale tale sign of someone lying. Children cover their entire mouth when lying, teens put a hand in front, and when you reach adulthood you become a lot more subtle. He does it an awful lot.

And LJ scratches his beard, or giggles.

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Could have taken the words right out of my mouth. 

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

And LJ scratches his beard, or giggles.

I've never noticed him scratching his giggles - perhaps he does this with his hands in his pockets.

Considering that Jon Walters had to suffer with his wife having a miscarriage, his brother dying, and his daughter falling ill, I think that to slate him for "crying about his family" is absolutely disgusting. Keane is a ***, and I hope that if Walters ever comes across him in public he absolutely thumps him.

19 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

Considering that Jon Walters had to suffer with his wife having a miscarriage, his brother dying, and his daughter falling ill, I think that to slate him for "crying about his family" is absolutely disgusting. Keane is a ***, and I hope that if Walters ever comes across him in public he absolutely thumps him.

This x 1,000

I love Keane's honesty before / after a game, but the comments about Walters family are disgusting. He won't apologise and I doubt he feels bad. An absolute *** of a man to even discuss it, let alone how he so easily dismisses it

21 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

Posted yesterday 

D3212032-AB42-4885-A418-281FA966E81F.png

49 minutes ago, Unan said:

Covering the mouth, wether itching the nose, rubbing the lip etc is a tale tale sign of someone lying

It "can be", I think it's important to note. People have different tells for different things. I scratch my nose when I'm feeling under presure in a meeting for example.

Unless you've followed the trail through and can evident the link between a tell and a lie for a particular person, I think the only thing these "tells" tell us, is that the person is outside of a comfort zone. Could be for any number of reasons.

1 hour ago, Sniper said:

Really enjoyed listening to that but agree Keane was well out of order with regards to Walters.

I'd pay good money to watch them have a few rounds in the Boxing Ring. Personally I reckon Walters would batter him.:boxing:

I honestly don't think he meant it how it is being reported/perceived (I maybe wrong mind). I think he was just making the point that there was no need for him to go on tv after what had happened to discuss family matters. If he did mean it in a nasty way then he was definitely out of order.

1 hour ago, wood_red said:

I honestly don't think he meant it how it is being reported/perceived (I maybe wrong mind). I think he was just making the point that there was no need for him to go on tv after what had happened to discuss family matters. If he did mean it in a nasty way then he was definitely out of order.

Few, I thought I was the only one that looked at it slightly different to most on here. I also think the response of Gary Neville etc would of been different if they got a wiff of his comments being how they seem to of been taken. Personally love listening to Keane, says it exactly how it is. I don’t see him as a bully at all, I see him as someone who demands 100% from everyone around him. GN mentioned the fact that he was actually 99.5% of the time quiet. I actually find him quite humorous. Great player as well. Great watch. COYR 

1 hour ago, Red white and red said:

That was a great watch. Roy Keane is compelling to listen to. The way Neville speaks its clear there is huge respect. 2 players who have been there and done it. Class!

Totally agree.

Great watch, thanks for posting @BobBobSuperBob

It looked to me that Gary Neville was still seeing Keane as his captain but would not be too negative about Fergie.

Would never want Keane anywhere near our club but would like to see him back in football. I think, as he ages and matures, he may meet with some success.

an entertaining watch that - Keane was far more entertaining than I thought he would be, just goes to show you can get the wrong idea about people.  He's definitely a Marmite kind of bloke but I don't mind people who tell it like it is at least you would know where you stand with him. clearly doesn't suffer fools.  The Walters piece might have been a bit below the belt, but the context it was in I thought it wasn't (or that's how I saw it, granted others might see it differently only he knows how it was meant)

14 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Non City related but having heard that Roy Keane had made some controversial comments about Jon Walters amongst other subjects I looked this up.

Although I’m no fan of Keane,  I personally found it compulsive viewing , and together with Gary Neville’s refreshing honesty , as a football fan , I found it a really interesting watch / listen

Keane doesn’t hold back on a number of subjects including Ferguson

Thought some might do likewise ,   in the break in all things City 

(If you can find an hour or so over the coming days I’d highly recommend it)

Bloody loved watching that, thanks for posting these Bob

Listened to what RK had to say about JW and after hearing JW side of things I came to the conclusion that Keane is a self-aggrandising, arrogant *****.

To belittle one mans personal suffering for a handful of cheap laughs from a bunch of strangers is totally crass at best and morally reprehensible at worst.

Keane was a great footballer, absolutely no doubt, but as a human being he has always left a bad taste in my mouth.

Lets not forget it takes an ego of epic proportions to walk out on your team mates at the start of a World Cup.

It's not surprising that the only other person who has done that (that I can recall) is Nicholas Anelka and at least NA had a half decent reason to do what he did and was backed by a lot of his team mates at the time. I'm fairly certain that Keanes team mates never backed him to the same extent as Anelkas.

Tbh, to me, that all completely pales in comparison to what RK did to Alf Inge Haaland. Completely wrecked his career with a pre-meditated tackle over a percieved slight about faking an injury. 

Utter cretin of a man no matter how good a footballer he may have been. 

9 minutes ago, RED4LIFE said:

Listened to what RK had to say about JW and after hearing JW side of things I came to the conclusion that Keane is a self-aggrandising, arrogant *****.

To belittle one mans personal suffering for a handful of cheap laughs from a bunch of strangers is totally crass at best and morally reprehensible at worst.

Keane was a great footballer, absolutely no doubt, but as a human being he has always left a bad taste in my mouth.

Lets not forget it takes an ego of epic proportions to walk out on your team mates at the start of a World Cup.

It's not surprising that the only other person who has done that (that I can recall) is Nicholas Anelka and at least NA had a half decent reason to do what he did and was backed by a lot of his team mates at the time. I'm fairly certain that Keanes team mates never backed him to the same extent as Anelkas.

Tbh, to me, that all completely pales in comparison to what RK did to Alf Inge Haaland. Completely wrecked his career with a pre-meditated tackle over a percieved slight about faking an injury. 

Utter cretin of a man no matter how good a footballer he may have been. 

I think Jon Walters comes across terribly in this article/video. Not the poor nice guy victim at all.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.sportsjoe.ie/amp/football/jon-walters-v-roy-keane-205907

Archived