IGNORED

Roy Keane (& Gary Neville)

BobBobSuperBob

5 hours ago, RED4LIFE said:

Listened to what RK had to say about JW and after hearing JW side of things I came to the conclusion that Keane is a self-aggrandising, arrogant *****.

To belittle one mans personal suffering for a handful of cheap laughs from a bunch of strangers is totally crass at best and morally reprehensible at worst.

Keane was a great footballer, absolutely no doubt, but as a human being he has always left a bad taste in my mouth.

Lets not forget it takes an ego of epic proportions to walk out on your team mates at the start of a World Cup.

It's not surprising that the only other person who has done that (that I can recall) is Nicholas Anelka and at least NA had a half decent reason to do what he did and was backed by a lot of his team mates at the time. I'm fairly certain that Keanes team mates never backed him to the same extent as Anelkas.

Tbh, to me, that all completely pales in comparison to what RK did to Alf Inge Haaland. Completely wrecked his career with a pre-meditated tackle over a percieved slight about faking an injury. 

Utter cretin of a man no matter how good a footballer he may have been. 

It's incredible to me that people seem to like the bloke. He's just a bully.

On ‎06‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 08:58, Bar BS3 said:

I can’t help but find Roy Keane to be an arrogant, obnoxious, self important to$$er, who couldn’t really hack it as a manager and prefers to criticise everyone from the comfort of a warm studio sofa. 

It may be that he played for Man Utd, but trying to put that aside... some of his behaviour and comments, since his playing days (and some during them) are like a spoilt little public school girl. 

He had a the playing talent that anyone could wish for and should probably just try to learn to enjoy his millions and find some inner peace now..! 

He did reasonably well as a Manager. Yes he played for Man Utd for twelve years and was their Captain. Its not a may, he is an outlier in performance.

The levels of intensity, commitment and drive needed is not normal. The same traits and displeasure to weakness, being average and mediocre are displayed by others including his team mates notably Ferdinand and Scholes. who demanded and bullied others to do and demand more of themselves.

He had a talent that was created by his single minded intensity to be the best he could be. You do not wish for it. You earn it. He openly displays why he achieved as much as he did. 

14 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

He did reasonably well as a Manager. Yes he played for Man Utd for twelve years and was their Captain. Its not a may, he is an outlier in performance.

The levels of intensity, commitment and drive needed is not normal. The same traits and displeasure to weakness, being average and mediocre are displayed by others including his team mates notably Ferdinand and Scholes. who demanded and bullied others to do and demand more of themselves.

He had a talent that was created by his single minded intensity to be the best he could be. You do not wish for it. You earn it. He openly displays why he achieved as much as he did. 

Mostly true. Questionable about his management record, apart from one good season, that I can recall off the top of my head...?

I just think that he lacks class, compassion and tolerance of those that don’t hit his own levels of ability. 

Being single minded, determined and driven, doesn’t need to make a person an egotistical bully, imo. 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Mostly true. Questionable about his management record, apart from one good season, that I can recall off the top of my head...?

I just think that he lacks class, compassion and tolerance of those that don’t hit his own levels of ability. 

Being single minded, determined and driven, doesn’t need to make a person an egotistical bully, imo. 

I would question how this perception would allow him to perform at the levels he did. The United dressing room was not full of weak souls. Players clearly respected him. 

3 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

I would question how this perception would allow him to perform at the levels he did. The United dressing room was not full of weak souls. Players clearly respected him. 

I’m not a fan of him but everything you say is true

In the extended version I’ve posted above , Neville outlines his influence and popularity in the dressing room.

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I’m not a fan of him but everything you say is true

In the extended version I’ve posted above , Neville outlines his influence and popularity in the dressing room.

I mentioned this earlier in the thread, he says he was popular, funny, considered, quiet & the Keane that is often talked about is 99.5% not the real Roy Keane. Keane at various points talks about the spin that is put around about him, for example the famous video of a tirade of abuse he handed out to his teammates after a poor performance, that had to be got rid of because it was so bad. Yet Neville who has seen the video, actually says that it wasn’t that bad & that an interview Keane gave on itv after a  live game was worse for example. Actually, after watching that, it was Neville imo who came across as arrogant & rude when he wouldn’t let the interviewer ask a question to Keane at one point. Thanks for putting the video up, I’ve always liked Keane & it was a great watch. COYR 

1 hour ago, Cowshed said:

Yes, I that that, as a player. But now he’s not mellowed or curbed that mentality and comes across as a to$$er, imo.

10 hours ago, Cowshed said:

You never hear winners like that Utd team moan about being bullied 

Its always seems to be players who never make it that complain 

On 06/09/2019 at 07:58, BobBobSuperBob said:

Non City related but having heard that Roy Keane had made some controversial comments about Jon Walters amongst other subjects I looked this up.

Although I’m no fan of Keane,  I personally found it compulsive viewing , and together with Gary Neville’s refreshing honesty , as a football fan , I found it a really interesting watch / listen

Keane doesn’t hold back on a number of subjects including Ferguson

Thought some might do likewise ,   in the break in all things City 

(If you can find an hour or so over the coming days I’d highly recommend it)

.... and here’s the other side of the story - Jon Walters opens up about RK and accuses him of lying ... more good stuff!

It was confirmed again last night what a clueless pundit Roy Keane is.

Harry Kane blasts shot from pretty close range between goalies legs, Roy: 'goalie should do better there'. 

Own goal that was crossed by Sancho that the goalie made a schoolboy error on by leaving it and moving foot out of the way, Keane:  'goalie unlucky there'. He is one of the worst pundits imo.

He's definitely like marmite. I really like him, the game lacks outspoken pundits like him, whether you agree with what he says or not, it makes good TV, I think he has a rather dry sense of humour and particularly enjoyable when he is on with Ian Wright, the 2 have good chemistry together.

Archived