IGNORED

New football pundits

daored

24 minutes ago, daored said:

So the start of this season has seen several ex players become TV pundits. Players such as Micah Richards, Joe Cole, Peter Crouch even Jose is now a sky pundit.

Just interested in who people enjoy listening to and those you don’t! 

Only heard Joe Cole once, and I thought he was good.  Need new pundits, some of the older ones have become stale.

Liam Rosenior was one of the best, not seen him since he's become a coach at Derby. 

I quite like Neville & Joe Cole, also enjoyed listening to both Martinez & Bilic at recent tournaments. 

Can't stand Souness/Lawro/Crooks - All been out of the game far too long to comment on it as experts. Granted the last two aren't on TV often anymore but still.  

Holloway is also a ******* idiot. Don't know how he keeps getting on TV! - https://twitter.com/SachinNakrani/status/1163927059699326976

Danny Mills is a joke. His analysis of Sheffield United was laughable. Enjoyed this article on FourFourTwo - LINK

Now, glamour is a nebulous concept. Not everyone would call the sight of Chris Basham charging down the wing ‘glamorous’. But what Mills, the expert here, is declaring to the uninitiated is this: expect plenty of Route One at Bramall Lane. He even said, “They’ll be similar to Cardiff”, bossed by former Blades manager Neil Warnock, when in fact the two teams could hardly play more differently.

And there’s only one way to put this: Mills is wrong. It’s not a difference of opinion. He didn’t air a concern that facing better opponents may force Wilder to adopt more conservative or direct tactics, which would be a valid point to make even if things didn’t turn out that way. No, Mills made a factual assessment, and it’s factually incorrect, because it’s based on… well, what is it based on? Memories of playing against Sheffield United once for Charlton 12 years ago? Seeing a homegrown squad and staff without sexy names? Assumptions about football in Yorkshire? 

Tbh I don't listen to any of them.  I start watching matches when the game starts, make a cup of tea and read the paper at half time, and turn it off at full time.  I'm only interested in having decent commentators during the game.

Pundits have as much relevance to me as do the presenters of Radio 4's Womans's Hour: absolutely zero.

46 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Tbh I don't listen to any of them.  I start watching matches when the game starts, make a cup of tea and read the paper at half time, and turn it off at full time.  I'm only interested in having decent commentators during the game.

Pundits have as much relevance to me as do the presenters of Radio 4's Womans's Hour: absolutely zero.

I'm the same - switch on at ko time - get the team line ups from my phone - watch game - switch off

The in game co commentator I cannot stand is Jamie Carragher , his whinning scouse accent and he just rambles on talking endless crap. He should have been fired after the spitting anyway. When he's commentating I just lower the sound to just enough to pick up the crowd noise but to a level that reduces their inane chatter to a background noise that I can zone out.  We manage quite well without punditery and commentators when watching live so no problem.

Match of the Day 2  last Sunday............when Kane scored to put Spurs 2 up, the female commemtator"s screech of "Kaneeeeeeee" sent my dog into the garden, my cat climbing the curtains and took a coat of paint of the living room door!!  For phecks sake it was appalling, don't know her name, but when i find it, i will be avoiding her screeching commentary   ?  PS To put the record straight there are also Male commentators that i cannot abide.  PPS Jenas and Murphy are both excellebt analysts IMHO.

There used to be an audio option on Sky where you could choose just the stadium feed without the commentary. That was ace. They can’t do that now as they pay them too much to have the likes of us silencing them. Also I believe they now overdub recorded ‘ambience’ whenever the crowd shout anything naughtier then ‘bum’ lest someone in the Home Counties hears it and explodes. 

2 hours ago, BCFCadam said:

Danny Murphy, Garth Crooks, Robbie Savage and Graeme Souness all need to get off TV in my opinion. All woeful pundits.

I cannot understand what the love in is with Robbie Savage. A blessing with no longer having BT Sport is that he doesn't infect my football viewing life anywhere near as much anymore. He sounds like he has a heavy cold while someone is squeezing his testicles to the limit. He even has a half hour slot on a Friday morning on Radio 5Live. What do the sports producers see in him? He's a talentless clod with a voice that should be confined to a 20 inch thick solid steel safe and then dropped to the bottom of the deepest ocean.

2 hours ago, bristolmoose said:

There used to be an audio option on Sky where you could choose just the stadium feed without the commentary. That was ace. They can’t do that now as they pay them too much to have the likes of us silencing them. Also I believe they now overdub recorded ‘ambience’ whenever the crowd shout anything naughtier then ‘bum’ lest someone in the Home Counties hears it and explodes. 

Is that true?  Have been on about that  for years, never heard of that option but if it was possible to watch games with no commentary I might even consider signing up for Sky!!!!!

8 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

It’ll take a cold day in hell to beat Roger Malone. 

BTW what happened to MaloneFM on here!?

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/subs-bench-meets-bristol-broadcasting-3279860

Not MaloneFM but the man himself this week.

All together now...”Pick.....that one out of the net you boys from crewe”

Like others have said I don't bother listening to their inane drivel pre or post match. Turn the tv on 5 mins before kick off to get the teams and switch off at the final whistle. Even MOTD I turn the sound down between games unless Wrighty is on and I could listen to him all day. Agree about the female commentator screeching I think she reports on 5 live on a Saturday pm and you would think she has just witnessed the greatest goal of all time when do her match reports.

3 hours ago, handsofclay said:

I cannot understand what the love in is with Robbie Savage. 

I'm convinced that savage and sutton are included purely for their against the grain (aka annoying/ controversial / outright stupid) opinions. 

The same tactic as getting a complete arse on a reality TV show - it mixes things up and their interactions with those that think like the rest of us creates additional talking points. The basics of manufactured television. 

Archived