IGNORED

New football pundits

daored

Most of those in the studio don't bother me as I either take no notice or switch over if I think they're talking tosh. It's the idiot alongside the commentator I could do without. Having a second person with the commentator has turned the commentator into a opinionator constantly talking (more so than a radio commentator) and more often than not about anything other than the game I'm watching. I really couldn't give a toss about the result between the teams 5 years ago, when there was no one on the pitch now playing then, or if player x was a lifelong fan of the opposition. Bring back the days when a commentator commentated on the game and kept wonderfully silent when there was nothing of interest going on on the pitch. 

One of the best of the current crop of "new" pundits is Alex Scott. She talks sense, knows the game and doesnt come out with the usual waffle. Although I do feel she is sometimes over used as a 'box ticker' to have a female included. But she is genuinely a great pundit whether its analyzing the men's or women's games. 

Mourinho has been brilliant from what I've seen - makes a change him saying it straight as a neutral rather than as a  manager. 
Souness is just a dinosaur and dont get what he brings to the table other than his past career.

Roy Keane is brilliant - not always for his punditry skills though... because you never know if "tonights the night" he pulls out a knife and shanks Lee Dixon.

One of the worst is Chris Sutton. His whole style is just horrible - which overshadows some good points he sometimes comes out with. Whenever he is used as co-commentator he trends on Twitter for all the wrong reasons. When on the radio I instantly turn off. Robbie Savage is the same but he seems to be getting less airtime these days.  

Liam Rosenior came across really well when Sky had him on. Keith Andrews is just annoying and not sure why he gets the time of day.

All pundits though will divide opinion one way or another and will never please everyone. On the whole most do an OK job. But I just dont get why a couple (mentioned above) seem to get used again and again when clearly they turn people off.

3 minutes ago, Tim S said:

One of the best of the current crop of "new" pundits is Alex Scott. She talks sense, knows the game and doesnt come out with the usual waffle. Although I do feel she is sometimes over used as a 'box ticker' to have a female included. But she is genuinely a great pundit whether its analyzing the men's or women's games. 

Mourinho has been brilliant from what I've seen - makes a change him saying it straight as a neutral rather than as a  manager. 
Souness is just a dinosaur and dont get what he brings to the table other than his past career.

Roy Keane is brilliant - not always for his punditry skills though... because you never know if "tonights the night" he pulls out a knife and shanks Lee Dixon.

One of the worst is Chris Sutton. His whole style is just horrible - which overshadows some good points he sometimes comes out with. Whenever he is used as co-commentator he trends on Twitter for all the wrong reasons. When on the radio I instantly turn off. Robbie Savage is the same but he seems to be getting less airtime these days.  

Liam Rosenior came across really well when Sky had him on. Keith Andrews is just annoying and not sure why he gets the time of day.

All pundits though will divide opinion one way or another and will never please everyone. On the whole most do an OK job. But I just dont get why a couple (mentioned above) seem to get used again and again when clearly they turn people off.

Not a fan of Alex Scott but then im a dinosaur who doesnt like women pundits

but as you say she is a "Box ticker" Non white and female Two for the price of one

38 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

Not a fan of Alex Scott but then im a dinosaur who doesnt like women pundits

but as you say she is a "Box ticker" Non white and female Two for the price of one

I like her as a pundit but as a presenter on goals on Sunday it’s obvious she’s reading an autocue and so comes across a little wooden 

Archived