IGNORED

Missing Cat - Possible Sightings near Ashton Gate

T R

18 minutes ago, Threshing Red said:

Thanks. That was the whole point of putting it here. The possible sighting was near Ashton Gate so I thought I'd ask on here to see if any fellow city fans who live in the area have seen him.

Been out again looking around another sighting but no luck.

I had a card through my door a long time ago asking to check sheds etc. I had been in my bed for three days and thought nothing of it. (I had been in the shed immediately before I got ill) It started to bug me and went and checked. Sure enough a very emaciated cat bolted out as soon as I opened the door. At least the cat had kept busy whilst he was in my shed. The cat had pulled every container out of the racks of screws, nails and bolts etc.  Took me days to sort everything out. 

Worthwhile knocking on loads of doors and asking people to check for you. Cards can get dismissed too easily. 

Good luck. 

4 minutes ago, Pound Lane Red said:

Worthwhile knocking on loads of doors and asking people to check for you.

Definitely....my cat once went missing for two days and we found her stuck in the cavity wall of a neighbour's garage. Obviously a mouse nest in there was too hard to resist.....

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

If people don’t like a thread, where the title makes it very clear what it’s about then it’s simple, stay out of the thread.

If you can’t be kind, be quiet. 

Could easily apply that to someone else one here ?

Hope the cat is found soon, remember what it was like when we couldn't find our dog, went running around local streets for 5/10 minutes before getting a call that she'd just walked into next doors garden to have a sniff around.

4 hours ago, Henry said:

You get an animal to allow to roam the streets and shit in other people’s garden,  then get upset when it goes missing?!

get a dog.

3 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

3 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Think you will find if it was that type of cat we are talking about  then people would of seen it roaming about 

if a Tiger was roaming the streets around Ashton Gate it wouldn't be just cats shitting in neighbours gardens! 

@Threshing Red hope he re-appears.

Have you sprinkled some of his litter tray (if he has one) or vacuum contents in your garden, near to where he would have left from? Also, you could try hanging some unwashed bedding/clothing on the line as it will have your scent and can draw him back.

If chipped, please notify the chip company that he is missing. If he's taken to a vet, it will be flagged already when the vet checks. If he hasn't had "the chop", he could be out looking for ladies, kinda like @Rudolf Hucker.

Also, expand the letterbox drop to places near to sightings and surrounding streets near to home that you've not yet covered.

Finally, please phone the local vets (Highcroft, Avon Lodge, The Vet Hengrove, PDSA, Vets4Pets, Rowes, Zetland Road, Golden Valley, Viking Vets etc).

Most importantly, please phone Bristol ARC (Dogs home) and actually go down to check because many times they'll say no we haven't had any fitting the description but actually they have the animal.

Edit: Just saw his post on one of the FB pages. I would also suggest contacting Whitehouse Kennels and Holly Hedge because straying cats are often dropped there. If he does have a chip, it may have failed/move around the body so please don't rely on a call.

5 hours ago, Red DNA said:

On a boring non football Saturday we could have pushed this thread to a new record number of pages if it had been entitled ‘Hunting for pussy in Ashton’?

I shouldn't have put a Laugh emoji for this but it's coming up to midnight and I've been out, if you get my drift! 

14 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

This thread really made you a angry boy hasn’t it,I suggest when you read it earlier and made your wise crack which was about as funny as cancer that you would leave it alone but you again commented on it,weird one you 

You are comparing a joke to cancer. You may consider his joke out of place but your comment is the lowest of the low. 

Hopefully the original poster finds his cat but the situation is not at all comparable to people losing there lives.

1 hour ago, Littlesh*t said:

You are comparing a joke to cancer. You may consider his joke out of place but your comment is the lowest of the low. 

Hopefully the original poster finds his cat but the situation is not at all comparable to people losing there lives.

Jeez you're a sensitive little chap aren't you? I've had/got cancer and it didn't offend me. Totally reasonable comment.

34 minutes ago, reddoc said:

Jeez you're a sensitive little chap aren't you? I've had/got cancer and it didn't offend me. Totally reasonable comment.

No I wouldn't consider myself a 'sensitive little chap' even though I lost my dad to cancer and someone else very close to me has terminal cancer.

I just think it's stupid how the person who made the original comment was offend by a joke taking the piss out the fact this is on a football forum but then brings a stupid comment in about cancer. 

17 minutes ago, Littlesh*t said:

No I wouldn't consider myself a 'sensitive little chap' even though I lost my dad to cancer and someone else very close to me has terminal cancer.

I just think it's stupid how the person who made the original comment was offend by a joke taking the piss out the fact this is on a football forum but then brings a stupid comment in about cancer. 

Joe Jordans Teeth stated that a comment was about as funny as cancer. He's correct. Cancer isn't at all funny. If I was to state that something was as funny as the plague, or a tsunami wiping out half a million people I'd be stating, in a round about way, that it wasn't at all funny. I cannot see what your problem is?

Jeez, is someone with constipation going to take offence at your moniker on here?

22 hours ago, Threshing Red said:

Hey there. Our cat named Jesse has been missing since last friday 30th. We've heard of a similar looking cat was possibly seen at Ashton gate school. And on wednesday possibly seen near the scout hut opposite ashton gate stadium. They said he was following random people about begging and is very friendly. If you see him could you take him to the local vet to get his chip checked.

That really is a beautiful cat, hope he turns up soon.  I feel for you, if my pet cat went missing I'd be out scouring the streets all day and night.  I'm quite observant and afraid to say didn't see any cats near the ground yesterday afternoon.

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

I'm quite observant and afraid to say didn't see any cats near the ground yesterday afternoon.

All the cats we’ve ever had, including the two we have now, sleep most of the day so if possible it may be best to search late on an evening when they usually go out hunting?

Had another sighting on duckmoor road but it was not to be. I am pretty convinced now he is not in this area and they're just local cats.

I'd personally like to thank everyone on here for their kind comments and suggestions.

Could the mods please move this to non football chat now.

Thank you

3 minutes ago, Threshing Red said:

Had another sighting on duckmoor road but it was not to be. I am pretty convinced now he is not in this area and they're just local cats.

I'd personally like to thank everyone on here for their kind comments and suggestions.

Could the mods please move this to non football chat now.

Thank you

Keep it on here

Many won’t bother with the forum in Int break and won’t see it on non-football forum

Its doing no harm

Fingers crossed Threshing - a good chance someone is feeding him locally and he’s having a holiday ??

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Keep it on here

Many won’t bother with the forum in Int break and won’t see it on non-football forum

Its doing no harm

Fingers crossed Threshing - a good chance someone is feeding him locally and he’s having a holiday ??

Cats are pretty savvy, if he's still with us, he'll find food (and some old lady), rest assured .

Yes my cat will do anything for food. Been trying to keep his weight under control for years.
Also asked for it to be moved because some comments are not helpful. But I appreciate the backup and support you guys have provided.

In the past I’ve lost a cat who gradually moved out over a period of a few months. I also gained a cat, for a few days, who was wailing outside the front door and moved in. Luckily he was chipped and I managed to contact the owner. The cat had wandered over 500 yards from home after getting lost, so it’s always best to have a big search area with posters etc. 

Archived