Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

T R

Missing Cat - Possible Sightings near Ashton Gate

18 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Not angry at all, I just don't understand why a thread about a lost cat is on a football forum.

And I don't like your cancer comment.

I reckon few like your comment. Stand by a fellow fan, not tease them. 

Edited by 29AR
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Again if it was that type of cat roaming the streets of bs3 then the op wouldn’t feel the need to look for his beloved pet

Saw a couple when Hull were down! 😂

35 minutes ago, Henry said:

You get an animal to allow to roam the streets and shit in other people’s garden,  then get upset when it goes missing?!

get a dog.

Bell end of the day! :clap:

Edited by Loco Rojo
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 3
  • Aubergine 1

Lucy, sometimes mistaken for Kitten Kong, went missing for nearly two months, 5 years ago. I persisted and managed to find her just in the nick of time. She's now 17 and enjoying life with Felix who is 18 and Perseus who turned up four years ago as a stray.

On the minus side, I had a two year old cat go missing in 1991 and never seen him again and will never know what his fate was. Having said that, back in 1991 was before the internet and social media which makes it easier to make people aware. Back then it was just cards in shop Windows and an advert in the Evening Post which attracted comedians with the same tasteless, unoriginal joke about where they'd found my cat.

In searching for Lucy I even came across a couple who said their cat was missing for a year and then suddenly turned up and made himself back at home as if nothing had happened.

20181020_112331.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Aubergine 1
  • Robin 2

29 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

And you have neither....so well done! 

I was suggesting most people in this topic aren’t showing empathy.

I just don’t get why people get upset when cats go missing, it’s what they do. A safer alternative would be a goldfish

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Aubergine 3
  • Rovers 1

50 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Not angry at all, I just don't understand why a thread about a lost cat is on a football forum.

Then why did you comment? Just scroll down.. 

I can assure you no one liked your comment

boring troll. 

2 minutes ago, Henry said:

I just don’t get why people get upset when cats go missing, it’s what they do. A safer alternative would be a goldfish

Can you go missing and do everyone a favour?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Henry said:

Oh ....apologies...some cats, ours included have very strict routines and do not roam far from home , males are somewhat different and can roam for a good mile + i would be extremely upset if our cat went missing because it would be completely out of character . 

Goldfish are a poor alternative IMO 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

You don’t understand?

whats not to understand? A family are trying to find their cat which they obviously care a great deal about, so they extend their desperate search to a wider audience 

...you know, to his fellow Bristol City family 

but of course you know that. You’re just being a tit 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Ron Swanson said:

Then why did you comment? Just scroll down.. 

I can assure you no one liked your comment

boring troll. 

Can you go missing and do everyone a favour?

No problem, on my way, I’ll take a shit in your garden.

• Like 1
  • Aubergine 2
  • Hedgehog 1

On a boring non football Saturday we could have pushed this thread to a new record number of pages if it had been entitled ‘Hunting for pussy in Ashton’?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

****** **** !

****** **** !

****** **** !

Not one hundred percent sure of your words, but I'm pretty sure I agree with you.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Threshing Red said:

Hey there. Our cat named Jesse has been missing since last friday 30th. We've heard of a similar looking cat was possibly seen at Ashton gate school. And on wednesday possibly seen near the scout hut opposite ashton gate stadium. They said he was following random people about begging and is very friendly. If you see him could you take him to the local vet to get his chip checked.

If you think you have seen him or do see him could you please call 07967657137. We are going there now to see if we can find him.

He has lost weight since these pictures so may look smaller now.

jess5.jpg.6794d43f945a680d0107195414e6bc5b.jpgjess4.jpg.7af55e1d1ac82dc9c6459c37b29082bb.jpgjess3.thumb.jpg.79007a6861a9b8f039e025354a8cfa25.jpg

Could the mods please leave this on the main page for a day or 2 to get as many views as possible?

Cheers

To get 'back on topic,Jesse is quite a handsome fella & an absolute 'spit for Mrs Bruce's feline friend...although im more of a dog man 'meself he's quite a character & I've become rather fond of him..

Hope you are soon reunited.

Edited by Robert the bruce
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Henry said:

:laugh: I'm not in agreement with your comments on cats, but I'll give you this line isn't bad 

Edited by AppyDAZE

4 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

I have put a desk and two drawer cabinet on gumtree, free, if anyone wants it.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Threshing Red said:

Thanks very much Major. It is gut wrenching. He is such a lovely cat. We posted letters to every door where we live asking people to search their sheds. Unfortunately heard nothing so far. Thanks again

Fingers crossed for you. I hope you find him. 

1 hour ago, Henry said:

No problem, on my way, I’ll take a shit in your garden.

5D4EDAAF-779C-4069-88B9-0282FFE6FDB3.gif

D549F01A-0EB9-4F6F-BD45-ACDDF5F1E32C.gif

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Pezo said:

I thought this was going to be about the city cat.

No it's not about me but I'm deeply sympathetic and a cat lover...still in mourning for my cat I had for 20 years.😟

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Partly to bump this, and also because I like animals.

I hope the cat finds its way home.

Me too.

• Hmmm 1

2 hours ago, handsofclay said:

Lucy, sometimes mistaken for Kitten Kong, went missing for nearly two months, 5 years ago. I persisted and managed to find her just in the nick of time. She's now 17 and enjoying life with Felix who is 18 and Perseus who turned up four years ago as a stray.

On the minus side, I had a two year old cat go missing in 1991 and never seen him again and will never know what his fate was. Having said that, back in 1991 was before the internet and social media which makes it easier to make people aware. Back then it was just cards in shop Windows and an advert in the Evening Post which attracted comedians with the same tasteless, unoriginal joke about where they'd found my cat.

In searching for Lucy I even came across a couple who said their cat was missing for a year and then suddenly turned up and made himself back at home as if nothing had happened.

20181020_112331.jpg

Just 'cos I've given you a robin it's in itself not a gift for your cat 😉...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

If you’ve lost something that you’re desperately trying to find, you select what you consider the best method of getting the message out there and yes, it isn’t football related, but they are engaging with people who may be able to help the cause! 

Thanks. That was the whole point of putting it here. The possible sighting was near Ashton Gate so I thought I'd ask on here to see if any fellow city fans who live in the area have seen him.

Been out again looking around another sighting but no luck.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Threshing Red said:

Thanks. That was the whole point of putting it here. The possible sighting was near Ashton Gate so I thought I'd ask on here to see if any fellow city fans who live in the area have seen him.

Well I for one wish you luck.

(Accidental 'bump', honest!)

1 minute ago, Threshing Red said:

Haven’t seen anything on Facebook mate,you put it on there because it will reach a wider audience then us saddos 

4 minutes ago, Threshing Red said:

Looking forward to good news once you are reunited.

Ignore the trolls, they clearly don’t appreciate that pets become part of the family, nor how ignorant and insensitive it is to try to make a joke. 

Edited by 29AR
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Henry said:

Not in other people’s garden.

Dog owners throw their wrapped up bags of shit in my hedge.  They also leave them on the walls on the approach to a primary school around corner.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TomF said:

Dog owners throw their wrapped up bags of shit in my hedge.  They also leave them on the walls on the approach to a primary school around corner.  

Yeah, I've had this a few times now. Combined with noise pollution of barking I am certainly in the cat camp as a preferred pet. Having said that, it's the owners that are ultimately responsible... 🐈🐈🐈🐈

8 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Haven’t seen anything on Facebook mate,you put it on there because it will reach a wider audience then us saddos 

It's on loads of facebook pages. It gets blocked on the buy & sell groups as they think I am selling an animal which is not allowed on facebook.

It's on Hello Nailsea, Nailsea Forum, Lost and found pets in Bristol/South Glos, Bristol cats community, Somerset lost found cats - south west, Lost & found cats in Bristol UK area and more

55 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I will love it if someone on this forum finds the cat. Good thinking posting this on here. Good luck.

Good job it's a cat. If it was a missing dog, how many of us would wander around BS3 calling out "Rover! Rover!"?

18 minutes ago, Threshing Red said:

I had a card through my door a long time ago asking to check sheds etc. I had been in my bed for three days and thought nothing of it. (I had been in the shed immediately before I got ill) It started to bug me and went and checked. Sure enough a very emaciated cat bolted out as soon as I opened the door. At least the cat had kept busy whilst he was in my shed. The cat had pulled every container out of the racks of screws, nails and bolts etc.  Took me days to sort everything out. 

Worthwhile knocking on loads of doors and asking people to check for you. Cards can get dismissed too easily. 

Good luck. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Robin 1

4 minutes ago, Pound Lane Red said:

Worthwhile knocking on loads of doors and asking people to check for you.

Definitely....my cat once went missing for two days and we found her stuck in the cavity wall of a neighbour's garage. Obviously a mouse nest in there was too hard to resist.....

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

If people don’t like a thread, where the title makes it very clear what it’s about then it’s simple, stay out of the thread.

If you can’t be kind, be quiet. 

Could easily apply that to someone else one here 🙄

Hope the cat is found soon, remember what it was like when we couldn't find our dog, went running around local streets for 5/10 minutes before getting a call that she'd just walked into next doors garden to have a sniff around.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, Henry said:

You get an animal to allow to roam the streets and shit in other people’s garden,  then get upset when it goes missing?!

get a dog.

3 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

3 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Think you will find if it was that type of cat we are talking about  then people would of seen it roaming about 

if a Tiger was roaming the streets around Ashton Gate it wouldn't be just cats shitting in neighbours gardens! 

• Haha 2

Fingers crossed he turns up, none pet owners don't seem to appreciate they are a proper member of the family, my 18 year old cat departed the mortal coil last week and im still  in bits :(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

@Threshing Red hope he re-appears.

Have you sprinkled some of his litter tray (if he has one) or vacuum contents in your garden, near to where he would have left from? Also, you could try hanging some unwashed bedding/clothing on the line as it will have your scent and can draw him back.

If chipped, please notify the chip company that he is missing. If he's taken to a vet, it will be flagged already when the vet checks. If he hasn't had "the chop", he could be out looking for ladies, kinda like @Rudolf Hucker.

Also, expand the letterbox drop to places near to sightings and surrounding streets near to home that you've not yet covered.

Finally, please phone the local vets (Highcroft, Avon Lodge, The Vet Hengrove, PDSA, Vets4Pets, Rowes, Zetland Road, Golden Valley, Viking Vets etc).

Most importantly, please phone Bristol ARC (Dogs home) and actually go down to check because many times they'll say no we haven't had any fitting the description but actually they have the animal.

Edit: Just saw his post on one of the FB pages. I would also suggest contacting Whitehouse Kennels and Holly Hedge because straying cats are often dropped there. If he does have a chip, it may have failed/move around the body so please don't rely on a call.

Edited by Septic Peg
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1